• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Staying with contours, Shooter_X, which Vudoo barrel contour is yours?
Mine is the ACE barrel with Kukri contour.
I doubt that you will have any issue, as far as accuracy concerns go with your barrel being slightly off in the barrel channel.
Over the years I have encountered numerous guns that were slightly off. If you looked at 100 guns closely you would find that there would be way more than you think, that are not exactly perfect to .0005.

You could fix that if you wanted to. You would have to remove material in the receiver and bed the action. Not really a big deal.
You would use something like painters tape or surgical tubing around the barrel to keep it centered in the channel as the bedding cured.
In other words wrap the tape ( or tubing or whatever you use) around the barrel precisely until the tape LIGHTLY touches both sides of the channel, without bottoming out in the channel which would cause the action to be tilted, off level.

Even after a proper bedding job there is no guarantee that the barrel with be perfectly centered in the channel down its length. Some of this depends on the stock itself. But it would be quite a bit better than it is now.

You'll need to shift the position of the entire action in the stock, not just force the barrel into alignment. Just a few thousandths of position change in the receiver will make a big difference in the location of the barrel in relation to the front of the fore end.

Know what I mean?
It's not hard.

T.S. - I had a hard time explaining this even though I've done it about a thousand times. lol

Last edited:
Cuzz-Vudoo has already issued me an UPS call tag to ship it in for repair. Then I started thinking-uh, oh dangerous-that maybe just maybe I'm being a bit nit picky. So, I decided to reach out to you folks for feedback. If it needs to go back, then fine. If it doesn't, I just saved Vudoo some time and ultimately, money.

Who has had their vudoo barrel replaced or barreled with a barrel other than the bartlein or ace barrels offered by VGW. What did you replace it with? I was just curious as to if anyone has had any experience with aftermarket barrels like proof on their vudoo.

Cuzz-Vudoo has already issued me an UPS call tag to ship it in for repair. Then I started thinking-uh, oh dangerous-that maybe just maybe I'm being a bit nit picky. So, I decided to reach out to you folks for feedback. If it needs to go back, then fine. If it doesn't, I just saved Vudoo some time and ultimately, money.

Not really to stick my nose in what's not my business, but, The good people at Vudoo will want you to send that back.
My guess is that your stock is imperfect. It could be fixed pretty easily, but they will probably just put your barrelled action into another stock and send the one you have now back to their distributor. This presents a fine opportunity to have this gun bedded.

Mike and company would not want this gun out there. A problem has shown up here on SH......Although a cosmetic problem, I am 100% sure that they want this taken care of.

T.S.

Who has had their vudoo barrel replaced or barreled with a barrel other than the bartlein or ace barrels offered by VGW. What did you replace it with? I was just curious as to if anyone has had any experience with aftermarket barrels like proof on their vudoo.
Vudoo can install a proof barrel if that's what you prefer. There is no reason to put on an "aftermarket" barrel, you would be going backwards in performance.

Reactions: 17rupert

That's why you buy a Vudoo, it doesn't need to be fixed.

@RAVAGE88...other than cosmetic, does this barrel cant to the right/not centered propose any issues? View attachment 7164736

Most guys on this site (me included) have an OCD and a barrel cant like this would be a no go. A few years ago I did have a similar issue with a Savage. Once I rebarreled it and put a new barrel lug, the alignment was good to go. BTW a barrel cant isn't necessarily because of the stock. I saw that you're returning it to get it fixed. Good call.

Last edited:
Most guys on this site (me included) have an OCD and a barrel cant like this would be a no go. A few years ago I did have a similar issue with a Savage. Once I rebarreled it and put a new barrel lug, the alignment was good to go. BTW a barrel cant isn't necessarily because of the stock. I saw that you're returning it to get it fixed. Good call.

It's the stock.
What do you think? The barrelled action of a Vudoo V22 is warped?
Are you trying to make my ignore list? One more Novice, unprofessional, wannabe gunsmith OUTBURST from you, and you are going on the list, at which time you will never be heard from again.
Don't make me do it.

T.S.

Last edited:
@RAVAGE88...other than cosmetic, does this barrel cant to the right/not centered propose any issues? View attachment 7164736
This is an issue with the stock and although it will shoot very well, it’s not acceptable. I see you’ve received a call tag and it’ll be dealt with quickly. Very sorry for the trouble of having to return it, but we’ll make it good.

MB

From what I have seen this was a pretty common issue with early Grayboe stocks. I have two and a friend has one as well. All have the barrel canted slightly to one side. I actually have a Grayboe stock waiting for a Vudoo when I get one. Hopefully they have fixed the issue.

Reactions: littlepod
Mike you said to touch base with you about meeting in south Al. I got an email yesterday saying v22 will be at ffl wednesday.

Thanks Cuzz, but unfortunately I'm dealing with a rather unforeseen matter right now and won't be able to make it down, but definitely soon. Very glad your Vudoo is landing and I'll definitely be coming down to shoot with you.

MB

Mike when you make the trip if you are driving swing through NC and pick me up. Lol

Thanks Cuzz, but unfortunately I'm dealing with a rather unforeseen matter right now and won't be able to make it down, but definitely soon. Very glad your Vudoo is landing and I'll definitely be coming down to shoot with you.

MB
Hopefully it's not a bad matter, but it is the shorter bolt throw! ;);):ROFLMAO::LOL:

Reactions: littlepod
Just got mine yesterday, first range trip today. My only regret is waiting until now.

V-22 barreled action, 18 inch Kukri barrel.
Manners PRS1 with gen 2 mini chassis and Area 419 Arcalock rail.
TriggerTech Diamond.
Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27 (maybe temporary).

C11DBA03-F622-485E-A3DF-486D8C9187A4.jpeg

Just got mine yesterday, first range trip today. My only regret is waiting until now.

V-22 barreled action, 18 inch Kukri barrel.
Manners PRS1 with gen 2 mini chassis and Area 419 Arcalock rail.
TriggerTech Diamond.
Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27 (maybe temporary).

View attachment 7171540
Good photo. Any comments on shooting with a tripod as support?

RLS

Good photo. Any comments on shooting with a tripod as support?

RLS
I’m not really an expert. I’ve shot a little from a tripod and found that it’s more stable than completely unsupported, but quite a bit less than off a bipod. It can be tricky to position the rifle perfectly, even with a solid ballhead. Part of the problem I think is that a ballhead is the wrong device—photographers using supertelephoto lenses will generally use a gimbal head that keeps the axes of rotation above the center of mass. A rifle is even heavier and would benefit more from something like that.

Just took my new Vudoo out for its first showdown... Amazing results at 50 Yards... 100 yards needs some some more work and believe I need too break out the front rest versus a bi-pod.. So far, Vudoo Rocks!!

You need smaller targets. Vudoo's don't need targets that big. ;)

Just took my new Vudoo out for its first showdown... Amazing results at 50 Yards... 100 yards needs some some more work and believe I need too break out the front rest versus a bi-pod.. So far, Vudoo Rocks!!

Congrats on your Vudoo! Darn fine shooting too. Keep us updated on your Vudoo Journey.

There is no reason to put on an "aftermarket" barrel, you would be going backwards in performance.

So where does that put the Bartlein barrels? ?

Last edited:
Bartleins have been offered by VGW since the beginning - why would you consider them to be 'aftermarket' barrels, at least with respect to V-22 actions?

Reactions: ESBVader
I picked up a second hand barreled action, which breech do I have here? It looks pretty different from what I have seen. Is the face damaged or is that normal?

Attachments

• IMG_20191029_192210.jpg
    IMG_20191029_192210.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 197
Just read an ad for a Remington 581 that shoots crap ammo into 1/4" groups at 50 yards. So not sure what the big deal is about these vudoos? Disclaimer, my Rem 581 will not shoot 1/4" groups at 50 yards.