• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Got my Vudoo on order yesterday.

Gen 2 v22

Bartlein 22”MTU profile

Will be sitting in an ARC xylo, can’t wait to run it. Hopefully I can run it in k&m’s next prs match, if not I’ll run the cz there.
What size lug piece are you using?

Reactions: jim p
Anyone have any experience with SK biathlon sport in their Vudoo? It’s decently priced and I’m tempted to buy a brick

Anyone have any experience with SK biathlon sport in their Vudoo? It’s decently priced and I’m tempted to buy a brick
I just shot some this past Saturday out of my Vudoo.
It shot superbly well from its 26" Bartlein benchrest barrel with an ATS tuner.
But this particular Bartlein shoots great with any SK ammo so far. 👍🏼

Reactions: Jgrovem110
1BC5BDA1-587C-4D07-9730-3B51FEF439B6.jpeg
I love building parts bin rifles. They're usually not pretty, but there's always an inspiring coolness about them....

MB

Where'd you find the 40X action? I need to get the one that Jelrod converted for me out and go shoot it a bit. The Krieger bbl I used on it has always been a really good shooter...

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Where'd you find the 40X action? I need to get the one that Jelrod converted for me out and go shoot it a bit. The Krieger bbl I used on it has always been a really good shooter...
Something I've had laying around a while. A few thoughts struck me about what could be kinda cool, so it's what you don't see that's behind the "Parts Bin Gun." BTW, the barrel is also an old Krieger from back in the day.

MB

Barrel work was $250 + shipping with me supplying the Krieger blank. VGW did the rebarrel and completed any 360 upgrades that were needed including the new bolt release. It balances perfectly about 4-5 inches in front of the mag well with no additional weight.

Barrel work was $250 + shipping with me supplying the Krieger blank. VGW did the rebarrel and completed any 360 upgrades that were needed including the new bolt release. It balances perfectly about 4-5 inches in front of the mag well with no additional weight.
Oh wow, that's great to hear that Vudoo does it in house. Thanks for the info, appreciate it!

Reactions: nikonNUT
I dunno what kind of drug this is…

Thinking about building a mock up of my m40a5…this will be 3rd vudoo…

Tho my current comp vudoo is having serious mag feeding issues all of a sudden. Gonna try the Velcro on the mag hack before I send it in

*update: velcro did the trick took ALL wobble X & Y axis out. loaded and fed 18 mags worth just running the bolt and all good.

Attachments

• 11050DF5-8504-4855-9554-D2A80FF8F11B.jpeg
    11050DF5-8504-4855-9554-D2A80FF8F11B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
I just finished 12 stage - 12 rounds per stage NRL22X match with my 360. The whole match I used one single aluminum 12-rounder.

Have to say, zero misfeeds at all. I am happy with how smooth it ran.

I'd highly recommend folks who do the PRS style matches to get the grayops barricade stop as your bags won't hit your mag anymore.

1664375288649.png

I just finished 12 stage - 12 rounds per stage NRL22X match with my 360. The whole match I used one single aluminum 12-rounder.

I'd highly recommend folks who do the PRS style matches to get the grayops barricade stop as your bags won't hit your mag anymore.

View attachment 7965376
I just got one. I need to bolt it on to the plate tonight!

Reactions: littlepod

View attachment 7965376
I like mine. Really bummed I missed out on the match. Lol. Car took a dump driving north! 😂😂

I like mine. Really bummed I missed out on the match. Lol. Car took a dump driving north! 😂😂
Aww... that sucks. I put on the MPCT3X and just ran it. Too impatient to not do it. It worked out well. I do like it more than the MPCT2, and I think NLE is the way to go. If you have another one, let me know lol, going to swap my other MPCT2...

The match was fun... I should've taken more pics. There was a blind DIY stage where you had to shoot over a fence but couldn't touch the fence and on the clock you had to build your shooting position out of cinder blocks, tires, stools, buckets. Everyone kind of built it differently.

Then they had a stage with this kind of rope swing, and you had to shoot off each of the knobs. https://amzn.to/3Rm0e2a

The cage was brutal too -
1664422547787.png

Would like to send a BIG SHOUTOUT to @RAVAGE88 and @VGW 22 for sponsoring the Appalachian & PRS Rimfire NE FINALE at MKM. First place shooter declined to pick up the cert that Vudoo put on the table, second place gave up his spot to let a young kid walk the table with his dad and was encouraged by Matt Stiner to pick up the 100% cert ( the look on there faces, priceless), pick it up, you serious? Yeah! Very cool to see and worth my price of admission.
His father also carried around a couple pallets in some crappy weather for his son to stand on because he was too short for the props. ( Frank knows the feeling and could maybe send him some heels) 😁
This was just a feel good moment I thought I would share.
Thank you!

First place shooter declined to pick up the cert that Vudoo put on the table, second place gave up his spot to let a young kid walk the table with his dad and was encouraged by Matt Stiner to pick up the 100% cert ( the look on there faces, priceless), pick it up, you serious? Yeah! Very cool to see and worth my price of admission.
Outstanding sportsmanship. Who placed where on the leaderboard is quickly forgotten. It's the moments like this that are remembered. I've been blessed to be in attendance at a number of these.

Thanks for sharing this.

So exactly 1 year from my original 360 in an XLR Envy Pro in Tequila Sunrise, she is now getting replaced with a new 360 in a Squatch Green Envy Pro.

Vudoo 360 Melonited
- 30 MOA Rail
- 23" Krieger Custom Heavy Palma 1" at muzzle w/ EC Tuner
- Built/Chambered by Modacam Custom Rifles
XLR Envy Pro with C6
ZCO 5-27x56 MPCT3X

As pictured, it's sitting at 17.7 lbs w/o the gray ops plate (19.1 lbs w/ the gray ops plate)

1664759680384.png

She shoots about the same as my Vudoo w/ a 22" Benchmark from Vudoo - this rifle tested at 12mm at the Lapua Test Center - so yeh she shoots very well. I can't wait to get this actually lot tested but she's shooting the lots I have on hand well enough. At 200 yards, I did a 40 round group at 2.5" with Eley Match.

Old Vudoo is probably going to go to a local shooter soon :)

So exactly 1 year from my original 360 in an XLR Envy Pro in Tequila Sunrise, she is now getting replaced with a new 360 in a Squatch Green Envy Pro.

Vudoo 360 Melonited
- 30 MOA Rail
XLR Envy Pro with C6
ZCO 5-27x56 MPCT3X

As pictured, it's sitting at 17.7 lbs w/o the gray ops plate (19.1 lbs w/ the gray ops plate)

View attachment 7968661

She shoots about the same as my Vudoo w/ a 22" Benchmark from Vudoo - this rifle tested at 12mm at the Lapua Test Center - so yeh she shoots very well. I can't wait to get this actually lot tested but she's shooting the lots I have on hand well enough. At 200 yards, I did a 40 round group at 2.5" with Eley Match.

Did you order it from VGW this way or did someone else build it?

Vudoo 360 Melonited
- 30 MOA Rail
XLR Envy Pro with C6
ZCO 5-27x56 MPCT3X

View attachment 7968661

Gorgeous build. 1:16 twist?

Looks a lot like my own MCR. Every time I slide that bolt home I smile.

Attachments

• D2648EBA-EB83-4DF7-8243-6D36178D307D.jpeg
    D2648EBA-EB83-4DF7-8243-6D36178D307D.jpeg
    626.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 6F2C4753-2E08-4F52-AC25-2C700675D706.jpeg
    6F2C4753-2E08-4F52-AC25-2C700675D706.jpeg
    429.9 KB · Views: 118

Vudoo 360 Melonited
- 30 MOA Rail
XLR Envy Pro with C6
ZCO 5-27x56 MPCT3X

View attachment 7968661

Are all Vudoo 360s melonited now or is that a special option? I just got my barreled action from Area419 and not sure what the difference is.

Are all Vudoo 360s melonited now or is that a special option? I just got my barreled action from Area419 and not sure what the difference is.
I have heard that VGW might be switching to a nitriding process. I can not confirm. When I bought my action a year ago, it was cerakoted. Unfortunately it was pretty sticky. In pursuit of the absolute best that could be built, I had the action and bolt stripped of cerakote and a proprietary industrial Teflon coating applied by Calico Coatings. Every time I rack that bolt it brings a smile to my face.

Furthermore, I refuse to have the bolt lug recess mod done. I love the short stroke of the original design and haven’t had any ejection issues.

My new action is melonited. If you choose black that's the default. If you choose another color then it will be elite cerakoted.

Melonite is smooth out of the box and has that interesting feel like the rimx bolt. Kind of scratchy metal sounding. Kind of hard to describe. Cerakote out of the box is kind of sticky. But it breaks in after like 1000 rounds and ends up being smoother I think than the melonite. Just takes a while.

My new barrel is a 16t. It does have the extra lug recess but I didn't notice it at all when cycling. I have both my setups side by side so I can dry fire practice them and see immediate differences.

The new 22lb springs is significantly heavier than my 18lb spring that has about 5000 rounds on it. I'm going to swap in the 18 lb spring to see if it will work. 22lb feels like cycling my centerfire terminus. Much heavier lift.

I agree in the heavier bolt lift. I tested the 18lb and 22lb springs back to back at the lapua test center. The improvement was measurable and repeatable. The 22lb stayed in the the rifle and the 18lb now sits as a spare on my bench.

I agree in the heavier bolt lift. I tested the 18lb and 22lb springs back to back at the lapua test center. The improvement was measurable and repeatable. The 22lb stayed in the the rifle and the 18lb now sits as a spare on my bench.

Interesting. I shot 300 rounds on the 22lb spring and the results didn't seem any different than the 18lb spring I had on my other Vudoo that was tested at the test center. I do think 18lbs is on the edge though, and around 3000 rounds or so, it starts getting light strikes.

I just like the bolt lift on the 18lb a lot. I need them to make a 20lb spring :) That'll be my compromise.

This!! This made my gun come alive as well..

Rimfire has introduced me to so many people, all with a different story to tell in regards to rimfire. One such person I recently met invited me to a weekly benchrest competition at a nearby club. I have never shot a benchrest match. I shoot PRS/NRL. I watched an unlimited ARA match once at my own club and was amazed by the rifles, rests, and carnival scene of flags everywhere. I explained this to my new friend and he scoffed and said we don’t shoot one piece rests. Front rests and rear bags. Ok. I’ll come check it out. Bring your rifle he says.

I took my MCR/Vudoo/Krieger/MPA rifle and an open mind and headed to their club. Paid my $5, signed my targets and set up on a bench. There weren’t many flags and the rests were much more modest than the one piece machine rests I had seen previously. To my left and right where beautiful single shot rifles on front rests and leather bags. My mpa sat on a mdt ckye pod and my schmedium held up the rear. My loaded mags sat at the ready.

Range is HOT command was given. I sent a few rounds into the sighter target, made a click or two scope adjustment, and moved up to my targets for score. About 60 seconds later I was done with my first card. 😆 I leaned back in my chair and watched the rest of the participants load and wait and fire and repeat. It was obvious I had gone waaay too fast. This wasn’t nrl/prs and I wasn’t on a 90 second clock. Subsequent cards I shot a bit slower. When a round didn’t go where I thought it should, I went back to a clean place on my sighter and did another wind check before shooting the next target for score.

Anyway. I thoroughly enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere, camaraderie, and shooting outdoors at night under the lights. I learned about using the “plug” to score and to my surprise, my Modacam Custom Rifles built mag fed repeater with fat FFP reticle, bipod, and barricade bag for rear support managed to come away with another win.

This MCR/Vudoo/Krieger absolutely HAMMERS!

Attachments

• BB0D6976-3399-4545-AE76-0E784577D5B3.jpeg
    BB0D6976-3399-4545-AE76-0E784577D5B3.jpeg
    473.6 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Before shooting Nrl22/Rimfire PRS I was shooting small bore f class matches with my v22, bipod/rear bag. Kinda rudimentary compared to other shooters..... 20 minutes in prone, 20 rounds. Trying to make the bullseye a ragged hole. 50 and 100 yards.

20 minutes is a long time, which also includes unlimited sighters..

Main thing i learned from these matches was when NOT to pull the trigger.

Great times and miss shooting them - great group of shooters. My schedule just doesn't line up with the matches i want to shoot these days...

Quick question to anyone that has sheared off the bolt stop on a 360 (which I unfortunately managed to do today). How difficult is it for the end user to swap out the broken part for a new one? Are any there any special tools needed?

I'm going to reach out to Vudoo on Monday morning for assistance but was hoping to get some feedback on what is involved in this repair in the meantime