• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

What's the weight on that?

Vaughn stated the base and carriage each weight approximately 45 lb. Carrying those suckers to range will build muscle mass.

Perhaps this is the ultimate support system when used with a heavy bench. However, in the Houston Warehouse Experiments the support system was two sandbags and a 700 lb bench. Perhaps the bench is at least, if not more, important than the other components of the support. So, if possible, run the ultimate bench, the ground, as part of your support system.

It would be interesting to test accuracy or precision as function of the support system. One end of the spectrum would certainly be standing offhand. On other end rail gun or sandbags on a heavy bench and everything else in-between, bipods, tripods, barricades, less than heavy benches, bench rests......

Rick

Last edited:
Another pound lost. MPA now has Ultralight Chassis with a weight of 2.5 lb without grip, one pound lighter than base Hybrid. Combine that with 16.5" Spectra barrel and you have a rig two pounds lighter than MPA Hybrid with 18.0" Kukri.

Anyone need stocking stuffers...Vudoo Chamber flag reinvented....
Snaps in will not fall out as you move from firing line to storage.
Keeps magazine from fully seating.

www.yow-tech.com

IMG_1609.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1611.jpg
    IMG_1611.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 70
Anyone need stocking stuffers...Vudoo Chamber flag reinvented....
Snaps in will not fall out as you move from firing line to storage.
Keeps magazine from fully seating.

www.yow-tech.com

View attachment 6989975

I have one of these and it's incredibly well executed; far better than sticking anything in the chamber. Good job Yowzilla.

MB

Reactions: Yowzilla
Was at the Range a few days ago and saw a new Vudoo. It has a cone breach and a Acme trigger. Does anyone hae any knowledge of another Vudoo with a cone breach? I haven't seen the shooter since with the rifle to ask ifit was a non-vudoo barrel installed on a Vudoo action..

It has been talked about here a few pages back. But basically it’s for clearing debris when using a suppressor. It’s a “modified cone” in that it isn’t a super steep sharp shape, almost rounded. It’s a standard when VGW installs a barrel. IMO it is very well executed!

Got word yesterday that my Ravage will be done in a week or two. Always good to get news like that this time of year.

I have one of these and it's incredibly well executed; far better than sticking anything in the chamber. Good job Yowzilla.

MB

We just got some new flags in today with a few cool colors and different designs. Also I did a request for a Purple vs Red that turned out nice. If some would like to see different colors of plug or flag let me know.

And more importantly thanks for all the orders!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2108.JPG
    IMG_2108.JPG
    592.6 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_2111 2.jpg
    IMG_2111 2.jpg
    588.5 KB · Views: 186
Reactions: RAVAGE88 and Macca
Just ordered one from Vudoo. Great folks via phone or email. Looking forward to getting it up and running.
Went with Specter at 18" threaded, black metal, and its all going into a McMillan Classic stock with Gap camo. Leaning towards a Trigger Tech trigger. Very excited
to give this a run.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Just ordered one from Vudoo. Great folks via phone or email. Looking forward to getting it up and running.
Went with Specter at 18" threaded, black metal, and its all going into a McMillan Classic stock with Gap camo. Leaning towards a Trigger Tech trigger. Very excited
to give this a run.
That classic sounds sweet in gap camp,Any pics? I been thinking of the same stock and color for a vudoo build.

to give this a run.
Sounds like what I was going to get before I switched to a Ravage build. If I like the Ravage as much as I think I will, I may end up getting one of these too.

I have a number of McMillan Classics on my Rem 700 rigs. I figured my Vudoo should be as close as I could get to those to aid off season practice. McMillan order was placed yesterday so no pics yet. Went with the TT Special this am as I figured 1-1.5 pounds would do. Rimfire suppressor getting out of jail in April so hoping everything gets done about same time.

Does anybody know if I order a barreled action from Vudoo if it comes with the DBM already or I have to purchase separately? Thanks in advance.

I know it comes without a trigger

Just bought a barreled action. Have to buy
Does anybody know if I order a barreled action from Vudoo if it comes with the DBM already or I have to purchase separately? Thanks in advance.

I know it comes without a trigger

Yowzilla - will the V-22 chamber safety block work in a 40X repeater done by jelrod? I've still got a couple of these with Benchmark & Krieger bbls, and though they're competing for attention with the V-22s, I still enjoy getting them out for a trip to the range now & again.

Anybody drop their V-22 in a KRG X-RAY? If so, what is weight and how do you like it? Is it worth the extra $$ vs Bravo? Also anybody that has owned both MPA and KRG which one did you like better? I’ve got my V-22 in a Terrain w/ Vudoo DBM right now but considering dropping it into a chassis. Like to get some thoughts.

Yowzilla - will the V-22 chamber safety block work in a 40X repeater done by jelrod? I've still got a couple of these with Benchmark & Krieger bbls, and though they're competing for attention with the V-22s, I still enjoy getting them out for a trip to the range now & again.

I am working on a standard 700 Rem next and then a Deviant action. Not sure about the Deviant due to the large ejection. I also have plans to work on CZ but do not have it yet.

I just looked at 40X repeater pictures on line. Is the ejection port open all the way into scope rail?

Ravage, is the cone breach something your offering to people who already have a Vudoo? I shoot my suppressed only and have slipped up more then once by letting crap fall down into the action.

Ravage, is the cone breach something your offering to people who already have a Vudoo? I shoot my suppressed only and have slipped up more then once by letting crap fall down into the action.

The short answer is, "yes," we've been doing a few here and there, but we're not currently geared to take on a lot of breech conversions at once. We want to be able to turn them around within a day and won't be able to do that prior to adding another CNC lathe. Let us get into the new year, as we're currently adding resources and scaling, and we can get a better handle on breech conversion turn time.

MB

I've had a cone breach barrel on a BR 22LR in the past and I'm wondering why people are wanting this type of breach face over a "conventional" one.

Personally I do not like the cone breach as it seems to be more prone to damage.

I've had a cone breach barrel on a BR 22LR in the past and I'm wondering why people are wanting this type of breach face over a "conventional" one.

Personally I do not like the cone breach as it seems to be more prone to damage.
The issue was that a flat breech wasn't as tolerant of dirt and grime, especially when people were shooting their Vudoo rifles suppressed a lot. I think the hybrid cone breech that Vudoo came out with is more robust than a regular cone breech but I could be wrong.

You're correct Travelor, the coned breech is fragile and I've never liked them. I resisted early on and stuck to the flat breech, but as it has turned out, the V-22, in the hands of so many, has seen a broader use than I originally imagined. After noting the increased use of the suppressor, I created the Hybrid Cone for the reasons NateVA stated. Typically, the coned breech does not have extractor cuts, the main reason for the coned breech. The Vudoo Hybrid Cone has more material around the chamber to keep it from being so fragile and it maintains shallow extractor cuts. It's incredibly smooth and remains dry fire safe.

MB

I ordered in four bbl'd actions recently, all of which have the hybrid coned breech. I've had no issues with feeding with the three of these that we've gotten set up so far, not even with SK Flatnose & Eley Match EPS. To this point in time, I'm not seeing any downside at all to the hybrid coned breech, and I've been looking at mine pretty closely for any issues while cleaning.

I have had the flat breech version and now have the cone breech. When shooting suppressed I would have issues with the flat breech if I moved the rifle with the muzzle up. I had to wipe down the the breech face after every string of fire. Have the cone breech now and am VERY happy. No feed issues and no issues running a suppressor.

If I don’t plan on shooting suppressed, is it more advantageous to stay with the flat breach I currently have?

Ravage88 what was it about the cone breach you resisited early on, in comparison to a flat breach? Was it primarily about durability/fragile concerns? Or, were there other considerations? Decreased accuracy?

Do you feel the hybrid breach has resolved your previous concerns over moving away from a flat breach?

Last edited:
If I don’t plan on shooting suppressed, is it more advantageous to stay with the flat breach I currently have?

Ravage88 what was it about the cone breach you resisited early on, in comparison to a flat breach? Was it primarily about durability/fragile concerns? Or, were there other considerations? Decreased accuracy?

Do you feel the hybrid breach has resolved your previous concerns over moving away from a flat breach?

My long term issues with the coned breech are, they're quite fragile (due to very little material around the chamber mouth) and most rifles, regardless of brand, couldn't be dry fired. Part of the dry fire issue is/was based on design, but overall, I've chamber ironed (mostly due to cleaning rods) too many coned breeches to want to use it (initially) in the V-22 (I designed the V-22 to be dry fired regardless of breech type). The Vudoo Hybrid Cone is quite beefed up in comparison. There are no accuracy considerations when it comes to flat breech vs coned breech.

Part of the attraction to what has historically been the coned breech is it can be possible to adjust headspace to a specific lot or rim-thickness-sorted ammo (the receiver design has to be able to support this feature), but largely, barrel production is easier (cheaper) due to the lack of an additional operation to add extractor cuts.

If one is not shooting suppressed most of the time or in dirty environments, I wouldn't worry too much about converting to the Hybrid Cone, but as of a few months ago, we no longer produce a flat breech barrel.

MB

One note on feeding with the V-22's I have found that if you are not paying attention when loading magazines it is possible that you can overlap the rims of the cases and create a failure to feed. I have only seen this with Eley ammo using the EPS bullet (Match, Tenex, Match Biathlon, Tenex Biathlon). Basically the rim of the round on top can get positioned so it is behind the rim of the round underneath it, which makes the case go nose down when being pushed forward by the bolt jamming the flat nose of the EPS bullet into the front of the magazine. I don't I have seen this with the more rounded nose of the Lapua style bullet as the design of the bullet (and the slippery lube of the Lapua ammo) lets it feed up over the front of the magazine. This really isn't anything to do with the bolt, action, or breech design as I can duplicate it with only a magazine and my finger stripping the rounds out.

Again this ultimately a USER ERROR (me) when loading the magazine. Just something I have noticed and wanted to pass it along incase anyone else is experiencing a feeding issue with Eley EPS bullets.

When we picked up our 1st rifle Paul at VGW went over this with me on how to properly load a mag. I have had this happen to me when I was in too much of a hurry to load before a stage where I shot 1st. I also have only had it happen with ELEY Tenex ammo. Normally I pay attention to load the mag properly and both of our rifles feed flawlessly.

Last edited:
My long term issues with the coned breech are, they're quite fragile (due to very little material around the chamber mouth) and most rifles, regardless of brand, couldn't be dry fired. Part of the dry fire issue is/was based on design, but overall, I've chamber ironed (mostly due to cleaning rods) too many coned breeches to want to use it (initially) in the V-22 (I designed the V-22 to be dry fired regardless of breech type). The Vudoo Hybrid Cone is quite beefed up in comparison. There are no accuracy considerations when it comes to flat breech vs coned breech.

Part of the attraction to what has historically been the coned breech is it can be possible to adjust headspace to a specific lot or rim-thickness-sorted ammo (the receiver design has to be able to support this feature), but largely, barrel production is easier (cheaper) due to the lack of an additional operation to add extractor cuts.

If one is not shooting suppressed most of the time or in dirty environments, I wouldn't worry too much about converting to the Hybrid Cone, but as of a few months ago, we no longer produce a flat breech barrel.

MB
Makes sense to me. Thanks for such a thorough and complete response!!

I’ve become an absolute fan of VGW. My rifle runs great, is wicked accurate and every interaction with the Vudoo crew has been super positive.....here in the forums, visiting the shop in Utah and talking with Jill over the phone.

In addition, the V-22 fixture at Lapua for lot testing of ammunition and the Applied Ballistics CDM for Center-X has been an awesome show of support by others who recognize the value and capability of your rifles.

Thanks again!!

One note on feeding with the V-22's I have found that if you are not paying attention when loading magazines it is possible that you can overlap the rims of the cases and create a failure to feed. I have only seen this with Eley ammo using the EPS bullet (Match, Tenex, Match Biathlon, Tenex Biathlon). Basically the rim of the round on top can get positioned so it is behind the rim of the round underneath it, which makes the case go nose down when being pushed forward by the bolt jamming the flat nose of the EPS bullet into the front of the magazine. I don't I have seen this with the more rounded nose of the Lapua style bullet as the design of the bullet (and the slippery lube of the Lapua ammo) lets it feed up over the front of the magazine. This really isn't anything to do with the bolt, action, or breech design as I can duplicate it with only a magazine and my finger stripping the rounds out.

Again this ultimately a USER ERROR (me) when loading the magazine. Just something I have noticed and wanted to pass it along incase anyone else is experiencing a feeding issue with Eley EPS bullets.

This is actually common on lots of 22 magazines.
Theres also some chatter of some mods to the magazines to alleviate the issues many pages back in this theead i believe. I smoothed up my mags a bit but it was mostly for piece of mind since im used to paying attention to the way i load 22 mags anyway.

Yes, it is only a problem for me when I am loading mags with heavy gloves on. I read about the magazine mods but if loaded correctly I don't think it is necessary.

This is actually common on lots of 22 magazines.
Theres also some chatter of some mods to the magazines to alleviate the issues many pages back in this theead i believe. I smoothed up my mags a bit but it was mostly for piece of mind since im used to paying attention to the way i load 22 mags anyway.

The only ammo that has presented rim lock issues has been ELEY and we've changed the follower angle (by hand on a case by case basis) for those wanting to use nothing other than ELEY ammo. If a little extra care is taken while loading ELEY in the mags, it'll feed like everything else.

MB

Ravage88, I have a V-22 totaly built by VGW that has a flat breach - love the gun and it shoots as well or better than most of my BR 22 RF's. I'm not wanting to do ANYTHING to the rifle, but this modified cone breach has picked my interest.

Would you post a picture of the VGW modified cone breach please?

Ravage88, I have a V-22 totaly built by VGW that has a flat breach - love the gun and it shoots as well or better than most of my BR 22 RF's. I'm not wanting to do ANYTHING to the rifle, but this modified cone breach has picked my interest.

Would you post a picture of the VGW modified cone breach please?

Glad you like your V-22 Travelor, here's a pic of the Hybrid Cone right after machining the extractor cuts in the CNC Mill:

48958822-10155676385601682-5310356036459167744-o.jpg

MB

Reactions: marctolate