• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Little Vudooing after work. 125 yards with SK Standard few mph winds this after noon.

Attachments

• 1D03AFC4-2685-4321-894F-27C55EAC5177.jpeg
    1D03AFC4-2685-4321-894F-27C55EAC5177.jpeg
    936.9 KB · Views: 171
  • BEB3A4E5-2321-4FEA-ABD3-B803223F4F08.jpeg
    BEB3A4E5-2321-4FEA-ABD3-B803223F4F08.jpeg
    603.7 KB · Views: 180
  • 8D448310-0514-4693-A765-567E68661A29.jpeg
    8D448310-0514-4693-A765-567E68661A29.jpeg
    625.5 KB · Views: 148
rizzle - I've been shooting with Kahles K624i AMR scopes since April of 2014, and have really enjoyed them. I would probably have bought another one to mount on my 1st V-22 if they had the ability to focus parallax as close as the new K525s. I wanted a scope that would focus down to 10yds, but settled for the 25yds of the Athlon Cronus. Every precision .22RF match I've shot over the past several years has been with one of several Cronus scopes on my repeaters, and I've had no issues whatsoever with any of those four scopes.

However, a semi-local dealer that I'm friends with has recently become a Kahles dealer, and I'm tempted to haul one of my K624is down so I can do a direct comparison to a K525 he has in stock. I don't have any desire for the LSW knob - after shooting all my life with RSW, it would just screw me up. Whatever - as satisfied as I've been with my Cronus scopes, the 525 is going to have to be quite a bit better than them, optically & mechanically to entice me into dropping the big bucks to try one.

Trigger tech diamond, set at just under 4 ounces. IOR Recon 4-28x50. ARC Uni-mount. Radiused pillars, skim bedded. Mirror polished 20 inch in house barrel. Yes it is absolutely deadly.

M6rbAQ0.jpg

Trigger tech diamond, set at just under 4 ounces. IOR Recon 4-28x50. ARC Uni-mount. Radiused pillars, skim bedded. Mirror polished 20 inch in house barrel. Yes it is absolutely deadly.

M6rbAQ0.jpg

M6rbAQ0.jpg

Very nice looking rifle as well....... one may even say, sexy !!

Anyone know of any issues with the AI folding mechanism failing or having play?

Bobhide, love that dip on the stock. How durable is that?

I ordered mine with the Timney 2 stage Calvin Elite (non interchangeable shoe), only because the Triggertech 2 stage has not yet been released. Has anybody seen one of the Triggertechs for sale? How difficult will it be to switch them out when they do get released?

I ordered mine with the Timney 2 stage Calvin Elite (non interchangeable shoe), only because the Triggertech 2 stage has not yet been released. Has anybody seen one of the Triggertechs for sale? How difficult will it be to switch them out when they do get released?

Pretty easy to switch triggers. Punch/hammer are required.

My son started getting it that rifles are fun. He wanted all my different brass. So we went down stairs a few months ago and we grabbed
6br
300wm
338 lm
50 cal

We got some tape and markers so he could remember the names.

She caught him trying to pack in his bag to show his friends...that would have been a shit mess
Yeah my son has some different brass that he has wanted to keep. And I’ve caught him trying to bring to school before too.

I’d also suggest a starter punch and an action block. The hanger pins on my vudoo must have been pressed in. I’ve never seen any so tight.

Scootch
Mine were so tight that I swapped them out for others. I just do not see a need for anything to be that tight and would not be fun trying to swap out if needed

Chad

Is there a certain size starter punch I need? Hopefully, TriggerTech will release their 2 stage before mine gets finished, and I can buy one and just have them install it for me.

New vudoo came in Friday, MPA chassis, Athlon Cronus BTR etc. with a 40 moa rail and a flat spur mount have have just enough clearance on the front of scope to the barrel. Had to remove and will trim back the sun shade as the scope caps hit the front bridge with it on. Ended up with 23mil of up adjustment left on the Cronus which gives a center hold out to a bit over 400 yards.
Tested Lapua polar biathlon, Midas, center-x (2 lots), rws50, Elat match, Elay target and a few others. Lapua center-x held the best at 100 yards. I had to knock 5fps off the velocity from the chrono and the drop was good at 100 and 216 yards. Consistent sub moa groups at 100 and about 1.5-2 moa at 216 with some wind that came up.
Very happy for a first day out.

100yard group at 0.5moa.

Last edited:
New vudoo came in Friday, MPA chassis, Athlon Cronus BTR etc. with a 40 moa rail and a flat spur mount have have just enough clearance on the front of scope to the barrel. Had to remove and will trim back the sun shade as the scope caps hit the front bridge with it on. Ended up with 23mil of up adjustment left on the Cronus which gives a center hold out to a bit over 400 yards.
Tested Lapua polar biathlon, Midas, center-x (2 lots), rws50, Elat match, Elay target and a few others. Lapua center-x held the best at 100 yards. I had to knock 5fps off the velocity from the chrono and the drop was good at 100 and 216 yards. Consistent sub moa groups at 100 and about 1.5-2 moa at 216 with some wind that came up.
Very happy for a first day out.

100yard group at 0.5moa.
View attachment 7088393
What is the ballpark weight of your rig? Barrel contour? Great shooting.

Any buddy got any pics in a kmw stock? Think I’ve only seen one in this thread. Really tempted on grabbing another kmw for my vudoo.

Finally got mine set up the way I want. Matches my centerfire rifles.

How do you like your AT? Was going to get the fixed one, but I think I will get the folding so I can do the thumb rest

Is there a certain size starter punch I need? Hopefully, TriggerTech will release their 2 stage before mine gets finished, and I can buy one and just have them install it for me.

In the product description there is a hyper link in the bold word "video". With your Vudoo you will not have to worry with the bolt stop portion. You'll be able to get a good idea by watching the video.

This link has starter punches:

In the video they use a much longer punch.
Use the short punch to get the pin moving good and the longer punch to finish driving out the pin.

It's not at all a difficult job by any means but my Vudoo wouldn't be my trial run.

Scootch

Last edited:
How do you like your AT? Was going to get the fixed one, but I think I will get the folding so I can do the thumb rest
Absolutely love my AT. Recently got the AT AICS stock for the Vudoo to replace the AX stock I had. Those three are Vudoo in AICS AT stock, AI AE MKiii, and AI AT with AX buttstock conversation.

Absolutely love my AT. Recently got the AT AICS stock for the Vudoo to replace the AX stock I had. Those three are Vudoo in AICS AT stock, AI AE MKiii, and AI AT with AX buttstock conversation.

How much did the conversion cost and was it worth it?

How much did the conversion cost and was it worth it?

The AX buttstock conversion on my AT was definitely worth it. Like Tree, I also prefer the AT chassis but the AX buttstock; conversion took me about an hour, but it was my first one. Can likely do it faster now that I've done it. Some find the cheek height of the AX too high for an AT chassis, but I believe Anarchy Outdoors has a lower cheekpiece.

MB

The AX buttstock conversion on my AT was definitely worth it. Like Tree, I also prefer the AT chassis but the AX buttstock; conversion took me about an hour, but it was my first one. Can likely do it faster now that I've done it. Some find the cheek height of the AX too high for an AT chassis, but I believe Anarchy Outdoors has a lower cheekpiece.

MB

You can't get the AT from the factory with the AX back?

Reactions: theaoguy
You can't get the AT from the factory with the AX back?

Right now, they're shipping it from the factory, but it's only available to LE. Mile High will convert existing AT's for the cost of parts and labor, not sure if/when it'll be available to civilians.

MB

I got my AX buttstock from Eurooptics. Like ravage88 an hour or less. There is a thread here on snipershide with step by step directions on how to do.

I am curious to know if anyone other than me has tried RWS target rifle in the V22.
Eley Match , CenterX, both shoot excellently from my gun.
RWS was a huge surprise. Can't beat it for the money. Not in my gun, anyway.

Here is 50 rounds of RWS target rifle, at a lasered 50 yards. The whole box. This was shot at night under calm condition, over a 12 hour or so span.
I was chastised for it, over on the Feminist forum, where a percentage of ignorant, uneducated people, hate Vudoo rifles.
This was done off sand bags.

UN7asvF.jpg

Dthomas, nice looking setup. A couple of questions, what scope and what barrel mfg did you go with?

Zcomp 527. And I believe this is a bartlein 22” barrel. It’s a fairly early model vudoo.

I’ve had ace and bartlein barrels. Can’t tell a difference.

I'll have to check out that scope, I like the way it looks, reminds me of US Optics. I will have a Vudoo someday.

I think I have finally settled on my NRL22 setup. A buddy helped me put 350 rounds of SK Standard + & 150 of SK Rifle match through it this weekend. I was happy to find that both rounds had the same POI out to 100 yards. At the end, we were having a blast smacking a 12” plate at 300. At 82 degrees & 840 feet elevation, we needed 12.9 MILs for impact. This Vudoo keeps impressing me on every outing. Money very well spent.

What is the ballpark weight of your rig? Barrel contour? Great shooting.
14.1lbs - mpa BA Comp chassis with spigot in but no bipod etc, 20” ACE barrel with MTU contour, spur mount, Athlon Cronus btr 4.5-29 and scope caps.

Reactions: 30338
i-VQhzVkB-L.jpg

Picked up the new Trijicon AccuPower 5-50x56 for the V-22. After mounting and zeroing today there is nothing I don't like about this scope. Bright and crisp edge to edge with great color and contrast. Control function is excellent IMO.

i-thJFbTX-L.jpg

Floating dot MRAD SFP reticle with .05mil turrets. Illuminates red or green.
i-hzn9z2X-L.jpg

Aim small, hit small. ;)
Sieg.... I just got my Trijicon 5 - 50 x 56 and it is really wonderful.

Reactions: Sieg
Did some ammo testing today at 100 yards. ..A few fliers.
But one big surprise group with very cheap ammo.

Attachments

• 1A2C33E3-B421-4CDA-89F4-1880232C9639.jpeg
    1A2C33E3-B421-4CDA-89F4-1880232C9639.jpeg
    238.6 KB · Views: 262
Reactions: 10ring1 and brianf
Thank you for the kind words.
I would like to think it’s me...but really it’s the gun.
Purschased it here on the hide a few month ago..