• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Vudoo V22, Bergara B-14R, or RimX

Which open class rifle should I build.

• Vudoo V22

Votes: 42 63.6%
  • Bergara B-14R

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • RimX

Votes: 17 25.8%

• Total voters

andrew.philbrick

Army Veteran
Minuteman
  • Oct 27, 2020
    Gahanna Ohio
    www.facebook.com
    I'm currently shooting base class and production class with a Ruger RPR. I'm considering building a open class rifle. My problem is I can't decide what I want to build. Is the Vudoo V22 and RimX worth 3 times the price. I don't have unlimited money but if it's worth it I could justify it to the wife lol.

I thought the price of a Vudoo was something I'd never be able to justify to myself...now I'm just over two weeks from taking delivery. I haven't told my wife $ details.

If you want something that plain old shoots with no tinkering, or you want a shorter bolt throw (V360), go with a vudoo. If you want something you can tinker with and modify at whim, go with the RimX. Both are fantastic rifles and will shoot extremely well.

I have the RimX and love it, but I also have two barrels for it so I can play with different twist rates. Eventually I will likely get a V360. You wont go wrong with either and they are worth the money.

Reactions: RS14
    If you want something that plain old shoots with no tinkering, or you want a shorter bolt throw (V360), go with a vudoo. If you want something you can tinker with and modify at whim, go with the RimX. Both are fantastic rifles and will shoot extremely well.

I have the RimX and love it, but I also have two barrels for it so I can play with different twist rates. Eventually I will likely get a V360. You wont go wrong with either and they are worth the money.
    Thanks for your input.

Went from a RPR to Bergara B14 carbon in manners, night and day difference.
    Still feel the Bergara outshoots me majority of the time.
    Vudoo shipped yesterday. If you are debating a Vudoo go with the Vudoo the itch doesn’t stop
    However the B14 will shoot

Went from a RPR to Bergara B14 carbon in manners, night and day difference.
    Still feel the Bergara outshoots me majority of the time.
    Vudoo shipped yesterday. If you are debating a Vudoo go with the Vudoo the itch doesn’t stop
    However the B14 will shoot
    That is a good point I do this a lot. I want something and I cheap out and get something "just as good" that cost less money. Then I'm never happy with it and end up buying the one I originally wanted anyway.

Bought a Ruger RPR and then two months later I bought a Vudoo. Wish I skipped the Ruger.

Reactions: Stoweit
    TS Customs, RimX!
    IMG_8947.jpeg

The Bergara uses a Remington 700 short-action footprint, so any R700 SA chassis or stock will fit it. And that's REALLY cool.

I also hear great things about the new CZ 457 rifles and their accuracy.

I had the RRPR, felt to much like a toy to me. And the chassis does flex to much in my opinion. Sold it, got the b14r in factory chassis. Night and day difference, very reliable. No issues at all, way better groups then the Ruger. Then I bought the RimX with keystone barrel and now I have a Vudoo 3/60. Sold the bergara and still kind of regret it. Have issues I‘m still working on with the Vudoo and RimX, both are not a 100% reliable yet. I’m sure eventually it will work out but it’s not as easy as everyone here tells you. I just leave it at that and most likely will get flamed for it. If you buy a Vudoo, I strongly suggest to get a complete rifle build by them.

Reactions: andrew.philbrick
    If you buy a Vudoo, I strongly suggest to get a complete rifle build by them.
    This is something I can agree with. Just get a Vudoo full build and be done with it. Never got why people wanted to get the parts and have a 3rd party (who may or may not know what they're doing with rimfires) assemble it.

Reactions: Schütze
    My .02 cents...wanted a Vudoo in an AI AX chassis which Vudoo didn't have in stock at the time. Ordered the V22 barreled action, changed to the 360 BA, ordered the AX chassis from Mile High Shooting. Watched Vudoo's Utube video on proper assembly. Put it together myself and have had zero issues.

Bergara.....Factory production gun.

RimX.....custom gun.

Vudoo.....custom gun.

Not even a fair comparison really. Bergara needs a trigger at the very least to be comparable....if your lucky.

Having shot the NRL22 Season Championship with my tricked out Bergara....my rig isn't even close in cost to some of the stuff people are running at the top tiers. Not to mention the money spent on ammo.
    FB_IMG_1622490713281.jpg

Its all about what your willing to pay and what level performance you demand. As your potential competition certainly is not holding back. Maybe you don't have aspirations to shoot the Championship. Or maybe you don't care in any way how you finish. Great....buy the Bergara. But our matches require a 85%-95% hit ratio to win now in Open Division. That takes reliable equipment and lots of practice.

I've had pretty good performance with my Carbon B14R. But I make no mistake thinking its on par with the custom guns. I can brag my Bergara has had zero general function issues. No mag fitment issues. No bolt related issues. It may not be a perfect one-holer....but it locks up, feeds, fires, and ejects like clockwork for one full year of shooting multiple matches a month. (bought it May 2020). I literally slapped my centerfire's parts on it right out of the box so I wouldn't have to spend any money. So don't mistake the Premier and AICS on it as me able to throw money at it. Also have an old Rifle Basix trigger in it tuned down to about 1.5lbs.

I had my scope stop tracking for some reason about mid day #1 of the championship. Fiddled with the erector and even snaked it *gasp*.....got it back up and running. Still managed 127th out of about 200 shooters. So dicked up for 5 stages, still managed to outshoot some people by the end.

Day #2....accidentally dialed 5.5 instead 3.5 for targets #6-#8. Dont do that...it will burn your clean run quick. 😁

So if you don't have the cash or don't want to do a bunch of work....the Bergara is the solid answer. I've beaten Vudoo's and RimX's....but that was probably as much the shooters as the guns involved.