• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo v22 MTU barrel 22lr ammo what ammo

Pipeandwire

Private
Minuteman
May 31, 2023
Illinois
Hey guys,
i have read somewhere that this setup was designed on a specific ammo. I can’t remember where I read it, but i specifically remember reading that there was 1 brand that was most recommended for it?
does anyone know which ammo that is?

Perfect thanks!
I remembered Sk rifle match but didnt know which kind. They have like 5 different boxes. I thought it was red box but almost everyone is out. Lapua was what i forgot thank you!

Lapus Center X is what the guy told me, he also said he had good luck with cheaper Norma Tac 22. Its coming back to me... pls forgive me im old

I haven't put any Norma through mine, it does seem to have a very similar lube. Lapua Center-X and SK Rifle Match seem to be the standard everyone shoots for...don't be afraid to try other flavors of those two brands. The "Long Range" stuff in both Lapua and SK are getting a lot of attention now, and are equally as difficult to find.

Ive had my rifle about a month. Locally theres onlyba 25y range so ive yet to shoot it. I plan on driving a bit to let it out and see how she shoots. I will.try and get a couple boxes of each of those and give them a try.

Reactions: Cowpokey
Here is what shoots best in my Vudoo at 50 to 100 yards
1/2 Lapua Long Range... Couldn't tell any difference with the Super Long Range
3 Lapua Polar Biathlon
4/5 Lapua Pistol King / Center X
6/7 RWS 50 and Special Match shot the same
8 Eley Tenex.
From 100 to 150 Yards
1 Lapua Long Range
2 RWS 100
3 Lapua Polar Biathlon

Never could get any SK t shot with a shit.

Reactions: Pipeandwire
Here is what shoots best in my Vudoo at 50 to 100 yards
1/2 Lapua Long Range... Couldn't tell any difference with the Super Long Range
3 Lapua Polar Biathlon
4/5 Lapua Pistol King / Center X
6/7 RWS 50 and Special Match shot the same
8 Eley Tenex.
From 100 to 150 Yards
1 Lapua Long Range
2 RWS 100
3 Lapua Polar Biathlon

Never could get any SK t shot with a shit.
Thanks for the results. I have a handful of diff ammo I’m gonna try out probably next weekend. Couldn’t find any Lapua center-x, habe a couple of Norma’s I’m gonna try as well.
it will be my first time out with it so will take time to dial in my scope and tuner and then finally in to ammo. The 10r mag are gonna be annoying but not much of another choice. I will certainly update w my results as well. Thanks

Reactions: Gassoline
Happy to help.. I did shoots these also
Eley Team friend gave me a box with 40 rounds.
At 25 yards it did well in 2 5 round groups but opened up at 50 yards + 1 moa in both 5 round groups
Now 2 weeks later shot 2 5 round groups at 25 did great, then to my surprise both 5 round groups shot just over 1/2 moa at 50 yards... Weird no clue why.

I also shot RWS Match rifle Yellow box
Great at 25 yards and just over 1 moa at 50 yards

Happy to help.. I did shoots these also
Eley Team friend gave me a box with 40 rounds.
At 25 yards it did well in 2 5 round groups but opened up at 50 yards + 1 moa in both 5 round groups
Now 2 weeks later shot 2 5 round groups at 25 did great, then to my surprise both 5 round groups shot just over 1/2 moa at 50 yards... Weird no clue why.

I also shot RWS Match rifle Yellow box
Great at 25 yards and just over 1 moa at 50 yards
I heard it was designed for the 50y range

I may buy a brick of the team just to have.
I just got the wife a CZ457 MTR ( mostly for me...LOL) So I want to have a good selection to try in that when I get it next week.
My Vudoo has the following
MPA chassis
22in MTU
30 moa rail
Tract Toric 4.4-30x56

My 22" MTU shot center x really well till I put a EC V2 tuner on it, now it shoots faster ammo better, no clue why. Lapua Long range here.

Vudoo MTU 22 as well. SKLRM shot like shit until 300 or so rounds, now its a laser.

Here what shoots best in my Vudoo with MTU barrel so far.
1 Lapua long range/super long range (I saw no difference between the 2)
2 Lapua Pistol King
3 RWS 50
4 RWS Special Match
5Lapua Polar Biathlon
6 Lapua Center X
7 RWS 100
8 RWS Match rifle
9 Eley Team
10 RWS Target riflecial
I have only shot Lapua long range, Lapua Pistol King and RWS Special Match in our local matches.

Here is what I am testing next
From ELEY; Tenex, Tenex pistol, Edge
From SK; Long range match, Rifle match.

Testing was done at 25,50,75 yards.

IMG_0023.jpg

Here what shoots best in my Vudoo with MTU barrel so far.
1 Lapua long range/super long range (I saw no difference between the 2)
2 Lapua Pistol King
3 RWS 50
4 RWS Special Match
5Lapua Polar Biathlon
6 Lapua Center X
7 RWS 100
8 RWS Match rifle
9 Eley Team
10 RWS Target riflecial
I have only shot Lapua long range, Lapua Pistol King and RWS Special Match in our local matches.

Here is what I am testing next
From ELEY; Tenex, Tenex pistol, Edge
From SK; Long range match, Rifle match.

Testing was done at 25,50,75 yards.

View attachment 8243708
Nice setup

Reactions: GIXXER2000