• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

VVN 550 & 555

Old Corps 8541

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2022
Milton FL
RL 16 has priced it's self out of my limited income. So I'm looking for an something to take it's place in my 6 & 6.5 CM's . The only data other that that published by VVN , is by Lyman, and they only list VVN 550.
So , has anyone tried either of these powders in the two rounds listed ?

Thank you, and from the VVN data I would get a slightly higher loading density with the 555. And, the temp stable will diffidently help in both our locations.

I have 2 6mm CM and 555 works really well. VV data seems a bit conservative but I don't load for max velocity anyway.

N550 and N555 are quite far apart at burning rate. i would not use N550 in CreedMoor.

I see you're back to knowing more than the manufacturers of products.

Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 7.31.12 AM.png

''possible powder'' and ''best suitable powder'' are 2 different things. and i talked about that.

if you have N550 and N555 for 140gr CreedMoor available, everybody would choose N555.

No, everyone wouldn't. Again, you're back to your incredibly incorrect posts. You half ass regurgitate Litz and that's about it.

Everyone here remembers your posts before you jumped on the AB train. Everyone remembers when you told ZCO where they do and don't have facilities. Everyone remembers you telling Bartlein what they do and don't do with their barrels and such. Everyone watched you incorrectly use data on primer seaters to say which tools were good and not.

It's pretty entertaining. Just need to make sure anyone who hasn't seen your posts doesn't actually think you are providing good info.

Reactions: simonp