• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

That looks like a ton of fun! Is jack rabbit as edible as cotton tail? If so that's a good start to a meal. The rifle looks like something in a Boyds Tacticool with a Silencerco Sparrow. 22LR or something bigger?

A couple of months ago, I had to take my dog into the vet to get a larvae dug out of his belly. Apparently, the larvae came from a fly that likes to lay eggs around rabbit burrows. Dog is fine, my wallet is $150 thinner. Rabbits are still running around the wildlife area next to my place.

Man I didn't realize how much smaller cottontails are. Those things look monstrous compared to our wittle cottontail wabbits

Not bad for an hour walk...

ok hornet,
damm your having to much fun, in that target rich enviroment,
like has been said NC cotton tail looks like a mouse next to them, jacked up jacks(pun intended)
can not tell on my phone, equipment/ammo info, please
hows the fox hunts doing these day.
shit got to get out to the lone star state some day.
YO

That looks like a ton of fun! Is jack rabbit as edible as cotton tail? If so that's a good start to a meal. The rifle looks like something in a Boyds Tacticool with a Silencerco Sparrow. 22LR or something bigger?

Jack Rabbit is great as long as you cook it right! The rifle is a cut down Ruger American .22lr with Silencer Co Sparrow. Scope is a VX-2 6-18x40mmAO Target. Ammo used was Eley .22lr match Hollow point. I have since swaped scopes for a Leupold Mark AR 3-9x40mm TMR. Running Jacks are much easier to hit on 3x LOL.

ok hornet,
damm your having to much fun, in that target rich enviroment,
like has been said NC cotton tail looks like a mouse next to them, jacked up jacks(pun intended)
can not tell on my phone, equipment/ammo info, please
hows the fox hunts doing these day.
shit got to get out to the lone star state some day.
YO

Haven't called in a month or two. My bud and I are putting on a youth hunt for White Tail on Halloween Weekend, we plan on taking a few of the kids out calling so I will make sure to have a report for ya.

A few night time Jacks and my wabbit hunting Lab!

Equipment: Truck Gun AKA Smith&Wesson M&P 15-22 Performance Center. Triijicon TA01NSN Sure Fire x400.
Ammo: CCI Segemnted hollow point standard velocity.

Outstanding, thanks for the info. Yes 3x is a lot easier to use than 6x on a moving targets. :) That's a good looking hunting buddy you have too.

umugyrah.jpg

That pic is at least 9years old. The old girl still has the want to, but her knees won't let her. It's been at least 4 years since my dad's beagles were at the top of their game, I miss it badly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year I was outside of del rio and yes the jack rabbits are huge in Texas. I watched one clear a 4 foot barbwire fence while hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a good environment to play "Jack Rabbit Jeopardy".

A game where two or more people hunt jacks for score. The simple rules are:

1. Number of shots needed to kill the jack, divided by the length of their ear (in inches) is your score.
2. If you miss, you deduct the same value from your score (you can't go below a zero score; no negative scores).
3. Generally done with .22LR's (so that everyone is on a level playing field).