• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing waggs 4570's Alaska pics

psinclair

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2008
Glasgow, Montana
alaska2008035.jpg

My good bud, waggs 4570, asked me to put up a few pics of his guiding and hunting up in Alaska.....Enjoy!!

alaska2008076.jpg

alaska2008091.jpg

gunsalaska104.jpg

gunsalaska061.jpg

These are a few from last season...he sent me a batch from 2011 as well and I'll try to get them up too...

Well done Jim!!!

Re: waggs 4570's Alaska pics

Great pics PGS, Waggs put in a lot of physical effort guiding/taking those trophies. Kudo's to him!! I'm guessing he's one tough hunter.

SS851715.jpg

These are some he sent me from this season.....

SS851620.jpg

SS851607.jpg

SS851568.jpg

The man is living the dream!!!

A BIG Thank you to PGS/Pat for posting my pictures.
Jasonk, i am smileing inside.Can't you tell...
LegioX, Thank's ...waggs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MuleHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From the pics you'd think his ex-wife was behind the camera
smile.gif
</div></div>

+1 LOL! I was thinking the same thing. In all seriousness though, nice pics.

Alaska hunting is definitely on the bucket list. Looks pretty damn demanding, and pretty damn rewarding. Thanks for sharing!!

Thank you for this thread, this man is truely living a dream.

As I remember from my trip loong ago, the dream turns pretty fast into a nightmare if the weather changes, you find steaming bear poo on your way to the bush potty (entrenching tool, some paper and matches in a bag)

Ah, good times.....

When I watch the TV hunting shows I always get cranked when the successful hunter whoops and hollers and high-fives everybody.

Hunting is serious business - a life has been taken. I like a guy who doesn't smile too much.

Although in that pic where he's on the blue tarp, he does look like he's thinking about smiling.
grin.gif

And as far as Alaska being on the "bucket list," DO NOT wait. I've hunted Alaska and it's a tough hunt. A lot of guys say "Oh, when I have more time or more money, I'll go." Well, unless you're independently wealthy, it's rare if those two conditions coincide. By that time, your body may not be in good shape and you won't be able to go, or you won't enjoy it fully. I'm not saying to sell the farm, but I am saying don't wait for tomorrow because it may not come.

Wow great pics. Those look like amazing hunts. I will be glad when I can go on a hunt like that. That is a great looking grizz in the first pic. I have always wanted to hunt one of these.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Waggs...where'd you get that holster for your Smith? </div></div>

X2!!!

I could really use a rig like that for my 396.

The holster was made by a guy out of Washington state.Custom form fitted to the handgun.The S&W 329 i load a 300gr hardcast wfn gc bullet.The person company name was Survivalsheath.com.I'm not sure if he is still doing work.That has saved my butt 4 times in detering bears that we did not what to shoot.Enjoy and
Merry Christmas to all...waggs

Nice pics! Was just watching a partial recording of Swaro Optik Quests on a hunt in Austria on Versus, the guide looked just like you.?.?

any one know where to get a holster like that?
green plastic - front & center
2 post up duh......
didnt take time to read all the post

Great pics!Can't imagine what it would be like to guide for the big bears! What rifle's are you using for backup and for your personal hunts?

NMpistolero, The rifle i carry all the time is a Beretta Mato
caliber 375H&H magnum also have a CZ 550 in the same caliber with a Mcmillan stock on it.I use this even for deer hunting on
Kodiak,Rasberry island when not guiding.Less meat damage on smaller animals but if you have a bear problem it's nice to have
a rifle in a bigger caliber.The Beretta weighs in at 8#11oz. with scope.I shoot a Barnes 270 TSX bullet with a load of H4895
Enjoy...waggs

Man that looks like fun! I also like the sidearm setup!

Man,

If I ever get the opportunity to hunt up there. I will be calling up your buddy!

18 DAYS....I WILL BE BACK IN THE BUSH, BROWN BEAR SEASON..ENJOY

Waggs4570, what is the load you use in the .329 PD? I have the same pistol and a similar holster. I've shot the BTB 280 WFN GC with little success (read accuracy).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: waggs4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">18 DAYS....I WILL BE BACK IN THE BUSH, BROWN BEAR SEASON..ENJOY </div></div>

Hope to see the upcoming pics...Wife would love to move to Alaska...I'm thinking more of Wyoming (more affordable!). I live to hunt...just ain't no good at it!

Thanks for the pic's Wagg's.