• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wait for the Geissele MRGG or Buy a Jp Lrp-07 now

putput30

Private
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2013
I'm looking to buy a top end gas gun in 6.5 creedmoor and pair it with a ZCO 4-20 but I can't decide if I should just put in an order for a jp lrp-07 with a proof barrel or wait and see if the geissele is actually going to match the crazy hype it has. Normally Id just buy the JP but it looks like a couple guys in prs are running the Geissele and are raving about it. If anyones shot it please share your experiences. I don't mind waiting a bit if its actually a superior product but I have my doubts. What do you all think?

you read this yet?

What is it for? Do you have any other large-frame gassers?

What is it for? Do you have any other large-frame gassers?
Primarily long range target shooting 800-1200 mostly maybe will stretch it out a bit farther than that. I have 2 other large frame gassers. One being a scar 17s and an 18inch adm UIC-10 in 308. Just looking for something thats a little more precise and shoots flatter. The ADM shoots roughly .80-.90 Moa as long as I don't dick it up.

Isn't the geissele a 14.5" barrel? I know the guys that played with it and the one I asked about it says it's everything they make it out to be but if I wanted to shoot the distance you are talking about id want at least a 20" barrel. 6.5 thrives in that 2650fps+ range. And I don't think you'll get that out of 14.5".

Isn't the geissele a 14.5" barrel? I know the guys that played with it and the one I asked about it says it's everything they make it out to be but if I wanted to shoot the distance you are talking about id want at least a 20" barrel. 6.5 thrives in that 2650fps+ range. And I don't think you'll get that out of 14.5".
They got a 20 inch version coming out. Thats the one i'd get if I go that route. A 14.5 would be fun to play around with but not what i'm looking for at the moment.

Reactions: M4orturnate
Giessele's "phased" gas block, the geometry tweaks to the feed ramps, and the steel-reinforced cam channel are intriguing. I'm a bit dubious about their accuracy and life cycle claims about the chrome lined barrel, though.

With a projected price for the Giessele at $6500+, I'd be more tempted by the JP. Unless you feel you need/want those little improvements and the latest and greatest military contract stuff.

Reactions: putput30