• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Waiting on 2014 AX chassis?

nurseshark

Private
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2014
Stillwater, OK
Anyone waiting on the new 2014 ax chassis? Sounds like AI pushed delivery right a month or two. Now distributors are getting small amounts here and there. Anyone received theirs? Anybody still waiting? What do you think?

I saw this at a range

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411274735.591188.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. When was the actual release suppose to be? You've definitely been waiting.

What distributors? Not that there are many.....big ones anyway. I am backordered through eurooptic

AI said at SHOT 2014 that they were already in stock. Obviously that was a bunch of Bull. The order is though Eurooptic.

FYI,
I can tell you that the AT, AX308 and AXMC were the only products announced at the Shot Show 2014 and there was definitely no chassis in stock at that time. There were prototypes at the shoe. We also focused on getting the new rifles out first before concentrating on AICS. The AT AICS, made in the USA has been in production for several months and all of the orders for AX2014 placed early in the year have been produced in the UK, nearly 300 of them. Most of those have been shipped to the USA in the past 6 weeks and any remaining will be delivered within the coming weeks. We are now starting USA production and the first of those will be shipped soon. We are making more that we have orders for so this is a good time to get your orders placed.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

I have a black 2014 ordered in SA. Placed beginning of July for a surgeon/creedmoor build.
Of course I'm probly 6-8 months out on the build regardless. I'll just drool over some pics from shot show in the mean time.

Are there any specs as to what sized bolt knobs may or may not be compatible with the 2014 AICS? I have been holding off on ordering one for a Remington 700 bolt with a big Badger knob due to uncertainty if it will fit.

The knob on that rifle is a large round badger knob on a surgeon action

I initially wanted one for my build but couldn't find it so I lost interest. Went with a KRG W3 gen 4 instead.

I guess I cannot complain as I have not been backordered for very long. It just sucks when a distributor tells you they should be receiving by a certain date and that doesn't happen. Then they don't arrive all at once but heres a couple....theres a couple etc. Im just ready to swap out stocks.

FYI,
I can tell you that the AT, AX308 and AXMC were the only products announced at the Shot Show 2014 and there was definitely no chassis in stock at that time. There were prototypes at the shoe. We also focused on getting the new rifles out first before concentrating on AICS. The AT AICS, made in the USA has been in production for several months and all of the orders for AX2014 placed early in the year have been produced in the UK, nearly 300 of them. Most of those have been shipped to the USA in the past 6 weeks and any remaining will be delivered within the coming weeks. We are now starting USA production and the first of those will be shipped soon. We are making more that we have orders for so this is a good time to get your orders placed.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Scott Seigmund Vice president of Accuracy International of North America. Recorded making a video at SHOT 2014. VP Scott Seigmund "They are INSTOCK with ALL of our distributors" 3:32-3:37 into the video.

If you could respond to this I would appreciate it.

Scott Seigmund Vice president of Accuracy International of North America. Recorded making a video at SHOT 2014. VP Scott Seigmund "They are INSTOCK with ALL of our distributors" 3:32-3:37 into the video.

If you could respond to this I would appreciate it.

This is what I had heard too. They clearly say it's in stock. It never was. Very frustrating. Now I don't even want one.

Jesus Christ. You guys are a bunch of whiny VaJJs. [emoji24]it's not in yet[emoji24]My mom said the world revolves around me. Guess what guys. Shit happens sometimes. I am sure AI would like to have it out already to. But knowing AI products, they will have it out and it will be done right.

I have an AX338MC and the only thing I am waiting for is the small caliber conversion.

Ohhh, please. Some of it is wishful thinking on the part of manufacturers,but there's a lot of syndical marketing going on too. People plan builds based on the timelines that are provided. Sure, sometimes things get pushed back but when they say that they have enough for their distributors and they don't they should either make a correction or find a way to fill orders. Clearly, shipping chassis was not a priority in this case. It would be easier for everyone if they could just say that from the beginning or at least make a good faith announcement once it becomes clear.

Waiting on 2014 AX chassis?

Jesus Christ. You guys are a bunch of whiny VaJJs. [emoji24]it's not in yet[emoji24]My mom said the world revolves around me. Guess what guys. Shit happens sometimes. I am sure AI would like to have it out already to. But knowing AI products, they will have it out and it will be done right.

The issue is not only the fact that the chassis were said to be in stock. When your VP is stating on a video that goes on the Internet for all to see, you should really be careful with product releases and timelines. Then when an individual comments saying that info is false it does not look good. That was the point of me citing the video. The chassis were also delayed on top of it. EuroOptic was told that the AI AX 2014 would be available in May. Find out in May that they have not arrived and that AI pushed it back to July. Call back in July and now they are being told by AI they won't be in until August. 2014 is not a good year for AI in my opinion. Yes they launched the AT and AX series of rifles, but they dropped the ball on the chassis and their website is going on 8 months of being under construction. The website is the bigger failure out of the two.

Last edited:

Bahahahaha. A lot of us tend to think or wish the world revolved around em. I was just really wanting to hear what other people had heard as AI just told me they were being shipped and to talk to Eurooptic. Euro then told me they were getting intermittent shipments and they would notify me when my number had come up. This was 2-3 weeks ago. I am fine with it taking however long as long as its because they realized something needed to be better or stronger on the chassis etc. Also the understand that higher echelons of bosses tend to put out the timelines and everyone else gets to hope that they can pull it off. Sooner or later it will arrive. It will be Xmas in whatever month it happens. HAHAHA

The issue is not only the fact that the chassis were said to be in stock. When your VP is stating on a video that goes on the Internet for all to see, you should really be careful with product releases and timelines. Then when an individual comments saying that info is false it does not look good. That was the point of me citing the video. The chassis were also delayed on top of it. EuroOptic was told that the AI AX 2014 would be available in May. Find out in May that they have not arrived and that AI pushed it back to July. Call back in July and now they are being told by AI they won't be in until August. 2014 is not a good year for AI in my opinion. Yes they launched the AT and AX series of rifles, but they dropped the ball on the chassis and their website is going on 8 months of being under construction. The website is the bigger failure out of the two.

Right, because nobody has EVER slipped up and said the wrong thing before when they're not reading off a script. I'd like to see you answer questions all day long on video like these guys do and not make a mistake.

Mistake or not I'm sure that when you called to order you were notified that the product was on a preorder status. If not you should have figured it out when it wasn't on your door step the next week.

I've had a AI AT rifle as well as a AI AXMC rifle delivered to me both of which I waited for and both of which were longer than I had anticipated. You never saw a single post about me whining about it, I knew it would get here when it did and drama wouldn't speed up the process. Both of them were well worth the wait.

Interesting pictures Coanan, thank you.

I'll have to modify my bolt knob now. I waited quite some time for this chassis and glad I did. Waiting on my Spuhr mount now, getting the SP4002. The Vortex 4.5-27 HD2 is going to sit on top. It's a 300WM 24" 5R with a Timney 517 and a YHM 338LM can goes on the end.

Last edited:
Right, because nobody has EVER slipped up and said the wrong thing before when they're not reading off a script. I'd like to see you answer questions all day long on video like these guys do and not make a mistake.

Mistake or not I'm sure that when you called to order you were notified that the product was on a preorder status. If not you should have figured it out when it wasn't on your door step the next week.

I've had a AI AT rifle as well as a AI AXMC rifle delivered to me both of which I waited for and both of which were longer than I had anticipated. You never saw a single post about me whining about it, I knew it would get here when it did and drama wouldn't speed up the process. Both of them were well worth the wait.

I agree with redneckbmxer. Nothing in life is guaranteed, not even tomorrow. If it's not in stock when you called expect to wait. Shit happens to everyone, no one is an exception. I was wanting a suppressor, family shit happened and now I can't for a little bit longer, maybe till next year. I guess that's what happens when you are raising a family (6 people)on 1 income. Life goes on.

Last edited:
I'll have to modify my bolt knob now. I waited quite some time for this chassis and glad I did. Waiting on my Spuhr mount now, getting the SP4002. The Vortex 4.5-27 HD2 is going to sit on top. It's a 300WM 24" 5R with a Timney 517 and a YHM 338LM can goes on the end.

Can you please elaborate on what you are going to have to modify? From the looks of your photos, it would appear that you just unlocked the bolt a bit to close the stock. Unless you are unable to lock it in the closed position...?

I am not complaining about the wait, the fact that is was indeed in pre-order status when I placed my order. I posted that video as a response to Tomirwin who said that this was never said. I could care less that the stock was delayed. Good things come to those who wait. When your VP makes a mistake its a big one. Any joe schmo can make a mistake but this is a high ranking executive who should be supervising and authorizing any said script. If I was going to SHOT, where I KNOW there will be thousands of people and a hundred people with youtube channels to post videos, you would assume there would be no mistakes.

Can you please elaborate on what you are going to have to modify? From the looks of your photos, it would appear that you just unlocked the bolt a bit to close the stock. Unless you are unable to lock it in the closed position...?

Shorten some, the bolt will not lock down when folded.

Anyone waiting on the new 2014 ax chassis? Sounds like AI pushed delivery right a month or two. Now distributors are getting small amounts here and there. Anyone received theirs? Anybody still waiting? What do you think?

I've been waiting since June for the short action pale brown to arrive at Eurooptic - to hold a new Accurate Ordnance build that is very lonely in my safe - and I've paid in full.

I am not complaining about the wait, the fact that is was indeed in pre-order status when I placed my order. I posted that video as a response to Tomirwin who said that this was never said. I could care less that the stock was delayed. Good things come to those who wait. When your VP makes a mistake its a big one. Any joe schmo can make a mistake but this is a high ranking executive who should be supervising and authorizing any said script. If I was going to SHOT, where I KNOW there will be thousands of people and a hundred people with youtube channels to post videos, you would assume there would be no mistakes.

What probably happened there was:

Scott Siegmund - "These are in stock with all our dealers..." Then later off camera finds out that it's been pushed back and tells the camera man "oh sorry, I was just informed that the delivery date was pushed back, sorry." But the camera wasn't rolling. Nothing but a simple misunderstanding. Has nothing to do with mistakes.

If you pre-ordered the stock through EuroOptics be assured you'll be one of the first to get it as soon as it's available and you're next on the list. Euro and probably Mile High are the two dealers that will have them first. You just need to wait and be patient.

I waited almost 8 months (since jan) for my AXMC after being one of the first 10 on their pre-order list for a pale brown and was told "april-march". Little did we all know that the black color was going out first. I saw on here people posting pictures of their black AXMC's and their AT's... talk about kicking a dog while its down. But I got the call soon enough and ya know what.... the wait was nothing to me looking back.

Hope this helps you endure bro!

Any body else have one yet? I am wanting to know if they will fold over a defiance deviant bolt knob.

Wow, this is one big AI circle jerk in here. I can't believe how many people are running to their defense without even knowing what happened. Simply because delays are commonplace in this industry doesn't mean we shouldn't expect better. When you have executives for your company on camera saying something that isn't true, whether a mistake or not, you should be public about providing the correct information as soon as possible. This is standard level customer service. Everyone understands delays, when you are up front about them. It's when a company basically acts as if nothing is wrong that we start to get irritated. There is absolutely nothing wrong with issuing a press release saying the we had to tweak this or that, or that one of our suppliers is experiencing delays.

I highly doubt that the exec corrected his statement immediately off camera. I would find it hard to believe that whoever posted the video wouldn't provide follow-up information to correct their video if that were case, as AI's reputation wouldn't be the only thing at stake. Even suggesting that could be the case just demonstrates how blindly you seem to support them.

I have nothing against them, quite the contrary actually. Just don't see why everyone jumps to their aid so quickly when some one points out that they could have handled the situation better. And that's really all it is, a situation they could have handled better. Hard not to admit that, for anyone with a shred of dignity.

AI always fudges the truth at shot show. How many guys bought AX338 rifles because they were told you could buy 300 and 308 conversions later that never came. I still have an AE in the safe waiting for the 7WSM conversion. But they make rifles like no one else does so I keep coming back. My AE will be sold to get a new AX 338MC and I am on the waiting list with mile high for the new ax chassis. I just want to know that I won't have the same problem coanan has above.

I just saw Scott's video and have to say that I was wrong. The fact is that the 2014 AICS in AT and AX were not available at the time of the Shot Show and it was later in the year that the AT AICS was introduced and more recently the AX AICS. It is always difficult to put a date on new product introduction and for 2014 we planned everything around the new rifle production. Even with all our planning we started delivering AT's in March instead of our planned January. We had always planned to introduce the new AICS after the rifle production was under control and that is what we did. It is unfortunate that Scott said they were in stock as that was incorrect and our distributors all knew it. We have been shipping AT AICS for some time and started shipping AX AICS during the past 6-8 weeks. We will be in full production in the USA in the coming month and all current orders are being worked on so there will not be a long lead time.
Regarding the comment "AI always fudges the truth at shot show", I wonder how many times the person has been to our booth at the Shot Show and received fudged information. We do not "fudge" information. The 300 conversion to an AXMC338 has always been available and it is only a technical issue which has prevented the .308 conversion being available. We are working on that and it will be available.
AI make quality products is we continually striving to make them better. We have a complete new product range and we will continue to make them better.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Mr. Irwin
First, I ordered my AX AICS from Euro Optic on 26 June. I've been waiting patiently but I ran into a patience wall and decided to get an idea of where things are. I spoke to AJ first, already assuming that their first shipments had already come and gone, and I was correct - they are waiting and he had no idea when the next shipment would come.

Second, I called AI and spoke to a very nice man named Lance. He was very cordial and polite and told me as much as he was allowed - I even know that the current batch is in paint. However, he was not able to answer my question, (I am assuming pale brown being very popular and that these are in paint) when will the next pale brown chassis ship - roughly - from the time they are in paint; 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 2 months, next year?

So, I am asking you. Roughly when will the next batch of pale brown short action chassis ship?

Thank you,

I'm waiting on everyone's opinion before investing so much into a platform. Let's hope they start shipping soon :)

I can honestly tell you from personal experience that AI has improved the ax chassis that it really is a whole different beast. Yes it looks very similar with the tube but even the tube attachment point is different. It now only has 2 bolts and uses a v block to attach it to the main body. The recoil lug area was opened up to accommodate the available options, as was the trigger housing. AI listened to the users. Because of that, their products are evolving for the better. The users are helping guide the design which is why I like their products. Also, I've owned 2 other ax chassis and a 2.0. This definitely feels lighter.

For the record. I've had a Timney Calvin Elite and Huber. Both fit perfectly in it. The action is a surgeon. The bolt knob is a modified APA attachment with a Round knob. I have no closing issues what so ever. It is not pale brown it is Krylon khaki. I don't treat my rifles like garbage but I do use them. They are tools not women. I stroke my wife at night not my rifles. So yes it's beat up, but I shoot it. If I could afford it, I would have an AXMC as it's better looking twin.
I've posted a couple of these before but here you go

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412258144.482571.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412258156.215984.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412258166.048296.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412258175.982029.jpg

Ordered mine last night from Midway. They only had black and are sold out again. Should be here Friday.

I placed my order through eurooptics at late July, at that time they told me that it should be delivered mid August. Last week I called again, and they told me that I am number 10 on the waiting list, an so far they only have the black been shipped. My order is brown. I hope I can get it in hand this year.

Spoke with Eurooptics this past weekend and was told they got a small shipment in...no idea what color or how many.....im waiting for pale brown also.