• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Walgreens fires pharmacist with firearm

Walgreens has always been wacked. I never shop there nor will I. Their practices are not only unsafe, but illegal. From 16 year olds filling prescriptions to not paying overtime. If it's against policy, fine. Then suspend him without pay. But to fire him is crazy. Most robbing Walgreens are going to stop at nothing to get what they want. Drugs.

Who knows what would have happened if he had not stopped the robber.

Do you suppose they will still take passport quality photos for concealed carry permits? Or is that against company policy.

A few years ago, I got fired from walgreens for not showing up to work after they changed my schedule when I was on vacation. The day they fired me, I was the best man at my friend's wedding. I'm not the first person who's schedule was changed on vacation. I also know someone who knows a pharm tech who got fired for not showing up after their vacation was changed while being on vacation. It's a non negotiable offense from what I've been told.

Last edited:
A few years ago, I got fired from walgreens for not showing up to work after they changed my schedule when I was on vacation. The day they fired me, I was the best man at my friend's wedding. I'm not the first person who's schedule was changed on vacation. I also know someone who knows a pharm tech who got fired for not showing up after their vacation was changed while being on vacation. It's a non negotiable offense from what I've been told.

You were lucky. Too bad you did not quit or were fired earlier. Best to not work at Walgreens if at all possible, if they are as wacked as they appear to be.

A fellow co worker had told me that she was getting "over time" and they had told her she would not be being paid time n half and the extra hours would be put on the following week. She told them, no, you are putting them on this week and paying me time n half or i'm going to quit.

She quit.

"To pharmacist Jeremy Hoven, it was a prescription for trouble. So he filled it with hot lead "
I need to switch pharmacies is Rite aid OK ?

been,

We would expect better from you. Tango 1 down for the count, tango 2 waiting and hoping for the good guys to show up.

DocB

They might as well put a sign out front that says "No one here has a gun and we won't fight back, Bad Guys welcome here"

They might as well put a sign out front that says "No one here has a gun and we won't fight back, Bad Guys welcome here"
Nothing like good common sense, Flat Tire has hit it right on the head.