• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Walmart announces 3 box limit on ammo purchases

Re: Walmart announces 3 box limit on ammo purchases

No surprise. Most local ammo suppliers seem to be doing this. I believe the Sportsman's Warehouse near me is limiting to 2 boxes of ammo. Not sure. They're also limited bullets and powder.

Its to limit all the dudes buying out Walmart, then walking next door to the gun show and tripling their dough... All I have to say is HAHAHA FUCKERS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: topgun99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Academy has a 1 box limit.</div></div>

Yes, but only for the popular calibers- 9mm, 45acp, 22lr, 223rem, and 308win. You can only buy one box of each, and 3 boxes total of the above. These are kept at customer service. The rest of the ammo shelf is fair game.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sportin' wood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its to limit all the dudes buying out Walmart, then walking next door to the gun show and tripling their dough... </div></div>

This is exactly what the manager at a local Academy said too...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Temp9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No surprise. Most local ammo suppliers seem to be doing this. I believe the Sportsman's Warehouse near me is limiting to 2 boxes of ammo. Not sure. They're also limited bullets and powder. </div></div>

My Sportsman's Warehouse would be doing this too, if they had any ammunition to sell to me at the moment.

I couldn't find a single .30 caliber bullet, or loaded cartridge in .308 Win the other day.

Guess my Academy is different. While I should have been clear and you are right about the other ammo, the Academy here only sells one box at a time of the mentioned ammo.

Just for Giggles, Im gonna hit my Ghetto WalMart today and see if there is any ammo there.

glad to atleast hear they are selling after all the rumors went around saying they wouldn't be selling any more ammo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just for Giggles, Im gonna hit my Ghetto WalMart today and see if there is any ammo there. </div></div>

I hit mine last week and there was nothing...They do however have a large supply of paintball and airsoft gear.
crazy.gif

the wally world by my house sgtill gets shipments in a couple times a week but its stocked at night and they said its usually gone by 8am lol and i have run across some decent deals at this one. and they just put up the 3 box minimum sign

Triad, 119th and Metcalf was empty last week unless you're looking for .38 special or 22-250.

Most of the Raleigh area Wal-Marts imposed this "3 box per day" limit about two weeks ago. Not that they really have much on the shelves to sell anyway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTSEAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From Reuters news wire:
"Walmart has started to limit sales of ammunition to three boxes per customer per day due to limited supplies, a spokeswoman said on Wednesday."

Link to articles:
Walmart Limits Ammo sales to 3 boxes starting Thursday 1/31

Walmart Ammunition Sales Limit

</div></div>Well, I guess I would have no problem with that IF they had the calibers I want. They seem never to have 9mm or .22LR! .22LR? I don't get it.
mad.gif

My local Walmart has had limits for a long time. It varies with how much they had on hand. Last deer season there was some guy bitching that he could not buy two boxes of ammo. Aparently there was a run on ammo back then also.

I only buy 22lr from them and at times it was a single box and it went up to six once.

I was in my local china-mart today and seemed they had some ammo in stock. No 22lr. or 223 but there were alot of other cal. on the shelves.

Walmart = FAIL

No 22lr all, that's all I was looking for. They did have a few boxes of turkey loads that I wanted to buy. After waiting 20 minutes for the F-TARD with the key to the ammo case to show up, I told him Walmart could suck it, and I left.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sportin' wood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its to limit all the dudes buying out Walmart, then walking next door to the gun show and tripling their dough... All I have to say is HAHAHA FUCKERS </div></div>

YES!

I don't give a shit why they're doing this but I'm glad someone who can is putting the brakes on these idiots who caused this panic and are continuing to do so.

Okie

My local walmarts have been doing this for atleast 2 years now, nothing new here.

Good, we have a some what major firearm and ammo store here buying up the local Wally ammo and raising the price considerable to resell. Caught them once at the WalMart.

For the last four years my local Wally World has had a limit of 6 boxes per customer. Now the limit is down to three boxes per day.

Really does not matter though as the shelves have been empty for the last three months.

I just happened to be walking by the counter at my local Walmart last week when they started stocking the shelves with 9mm and 223. The guy kept telling people about the three box limit but quite a few people grabbed what they could and wouldn't give it up.

It's like ammo is the new food and if people don't have it they won't survive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mattmcoop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The guy kept telling people about the three box limit but quite a few people grabbed what they could and wouldn't give it up.
</div></div>

Not as bad as the sporting goods employee saying "i cant sell you any ammo because the manager just bought the entire pallet"

Just bought a Kimber 22lr conversion from Midway for my 1911 and tried to purchase 3 GSG 10 round 22lr conversion mags and was limited to 2 mags. Tried again today to order a 3rd mag and was still denied because of the two limit per person policy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sportin' wood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its to limit all the dudes buying out Walmart, then walking next door to the gun show and tripling their dough... All I have to say is HAHAHA FUCKERS </div></div>

Exactly!!!! It's going to be hilarious when the panic passes and they are sitting on all that ammo that they have to sell for a loss!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COLOSHOOTR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sportin' wood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its to limit all the dudes buying out Walmart, then walking next door to the gun show and tripling their dough... All I have to say is HAHAHA FUCKERS </div></div>

Exactly!!!! It's going to be hilarious when the panic passes and they are sitting on all that ammo that they have to sell for a loss!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

And I will have no problem buying it from them at that point lol

Went by Academy and they were 1 box per caliber as stated above. 223 was $29.00 box of 50 for an off brand.

totally agree...

...when the local had a limit before, it was no problem for me to go in 5 days in a row and pick up my 2 boxes each day...took a little longer, but I got what I wanted

The Walmart in Roswell NM got some of the Bulk American Eagle .223 55 gr.
1000 rds with ammo box for $400.00 and 400 rds with ammo box for $175.00.
I got 1 of the 1000 rd cans. They didn't say anything about a limit. But I just got one. There were more people than they had cans for.

They have had it up for a while here.. .Im OK with it. I like actually being able to walk up and buy some and leave instead of some random douche buying the entire stock just to sit in his basement and watch the boxes mold or selling it all at gunshows to other kooks for 3X the price.

Your lucky Don n Texas. Great score in Roswell. Suspect they have plenty of ammo to fight off the ever present outerspace alien threat. Wait till you get back to Texas. Your local Walmart and Academy has been picked clean. At least in Austin they are sold out.

Yeah the Walmart super center closest to me has been out of every thing for the last month except .22lr and shot shells. and limit to 2 boxes per customer.

I have seen 30-06 and 7mm-08 stacked high in the local Walmart. 45 long colt too, my problem is not so much with assholes buying up all of the ammo, it is reloading components!!! I have a partial pound of retumbo left, then I guess will have to sit under a bridge with a sign that reads "hand jobs for Hogdon's"! They are going to ban our ar's chambered in 7mmRM I guess....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HighGroundMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your lucky Don n Texas. Great score in Roswell. Suspect they have plenty of ammo to fight off the ever present outerspace alien threat. Wait till you get back to Texas. Your local Walmart and Academy has been picked clean. At least in Austin they are sold out. </div></div>
It is picked clean here too. No 12 gage shot shells either. The only ammo left here is 17 hmr & 20 gage.
This is the second time I got lucky at Walmart. Just before I left town I stopped at Walmart. The guy was just starting to put 20 of the 20 round American Eagle out. I got all 20 boxes for $11.00 a box.
Now before anyone jumps on me for hording. I have two brothers and we have kids that shoot. Some of this ammo will be resold to them at my cost. I will keep the can.

223/556 and 308 are still impossible to find. I do get lucky and find some 22 and 9mm here and there.

guess im lucky no one really shoots alot here, my walmart is always in stock when i go.

Our walmart police supply store both has ammo not sure what the big deal is no gouging either

My closest Wal-Mart has a good supply of .270, 30-06, and 150 grain .308 but that is about it. I spoke with the manager last night and was told that a shipment of .223 was due in today but I don’t own a .223 and I am sure it will be sold within an hour of putting it out.