• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Walmart Greeters

jerryrva

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2018
My local Walmart recently added one way security gates at the entrances to force people to leave store through the check out aisles.

They also have someone that scans your receipt and one item in your cart as you leave.
You think the old guy greeters would all be gone with the threat of China Virus. Nope, I had a guy at least 80 less than 2 feet away scan my package of paper towels. Scanner wouldn't work right so he had take my receipt after I had extended it out arms length. Then he had to get close to scan the package in my arms.

So much for keeping workers safe.

Last month I was there and two workers had pulled aside a man and a woman who had two carts jam packed with groceries. They were unloading items into an empty cart scanning them. Guess looking for unscanned items deep in their cart after using the scan and go checkout.

They were raising their voices in protest about not having time for that. Of course that just sealed their fate to get the whole cart scanned.

I was at y local Walmart yesterday and they had 8 plice officers staged in various parts of the store and what appeared to be NG out back as the trucks pulled in to restock?

Watch their faces when they ask if you have a receipt. Say "I sure do" and keep walking out the door.
My TV took a dive yesterday evening and the woman and I went and bought a new one. The look on the guys face was priceless.

Reactions: Kir