• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Walmart & Vets

kraigWY

CMP GSM MI
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2006
Wyoming
Just read in the VFW magazine that Walmart to hire 150,000 vets, adding they will hire any vet who comes in looking for a job.

Screw a bunch of Walmart haters.

Just read in the VFW magazine that Walmart to hire 150,000 vets, adding they will hire any vet who comes in looking for a job.

Boy Walmart is all over the place. A month ago they sent a bunch of money to Obama's "Organizing For Action" anti-gun lobby that seeks to bar any vet with "PTSD" from owning a gun is now also pro-vet. The mixed messages this company puts out is mind-numbing.

No they won't. It's all fuckin PR press releases. They have such a bad reputation they put this shit out every few months. I refuse to go to Walmart like I refuse to go to the mall to shop. The only time I even step foot in a mall is to make a bee-line to the Oakley store.

Doesn't say what kind of jobs, though. "You want a cart today, sir?" isn't exactly a rewarding job,though it beats the street. WalMart still doesn't have any kind of employee health insurance, at least for the rank and file. Company policy is, "Just go to the ER, since you don't make enough money you'll probably get the state to pay for it."

1911fan

Maybe I'm totally off my nut, but here goes.

This (to me) is seen as a probably drawback. Follow me through, here. How many of our returning Hero's left jobs that were 'earned' in any manner of ways? Say through degree, apprenticeship, or even seniority. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these employers obliged and required to hold that Hero's position for them, upon their return?

(I believe that it is,)

Ergo, this 'walleyeworld' now circumstantially removes said 'requirement' by allowing (through a roundabout way) dickhead employers to just say "I didn't need to hold your job for you, because you can go to Walleyeworld. So I gave your job to my cousin."

I don't WANT to see it that way, but can anyone tell me for sure, that I CAN'T see it that way?

Please?

Boy Walmart is all over the place. A month ago they sent a bunch of money to Obama's "Organizing For Action" anti-gun lobby that seeks to bar any vet with "PTSD" from owning a gun is now also pro-vet. The mixed messages this company puts out is mind-numbing.

Yup. It feels like they're trying to cover all their bets and playing on people's short attention span...

Let's see: Walmart's CEO of Sporting goods Sally Jewell is Obama's nominee for Interior Secretary. Forests, BIA, Water, Soil, Ag, Where we hunt, recreate, and grow our food.
Walmart was present at the Gun Control hearings. Walmart suddenly cleared ALL shelves of AR's and is now rationing ammo when it actually comes in.
Clinton announced that relations would be normalized with China so American products could be sold to the millions of Chinese.
Walmart immediately moved their purchasing headquarters to China. All venders must make presentations in China.
Any question who's side Walmart is on?

I still say F walmart in the rear with a big rubber di$k. I do not know about where you are but up here every walmart is known for treating their workers very poorly. So yes if they hire everyone what come in they will still need to hire more workers. It is amazing if you treat your workers like slaves turn over will get you every time. Simply amazing. They are a company that has problems from the ground up.

What no one has made mention of yet is just because they hire you doesn't mean that you can make a living. Working minimum wage 20 hours a week wont pay the rent and it wont put food on your table. Unfortunately I shop at walmart because I have to for impromptu things that can't wait till I make the next trip an hour away. They are freaking everywhere and they have their hands in virtually everything!

A very loud, unattractive, mean, nasty woman walked into Wal-Mart with her two kids, yelling obscenities at them all the way through the entrance.
The Wal-Mart Greeter said pleasantly "Good morning, and welcome to Wal-Mart. Nice children you have there. Are they twins?"

The ugly woman stopped yelling long enough to say, "Hell no they aren't. The oldest one's 9 and the other one's 7. Why the hell would you think they're twins? Are you blind, or just stupid?"

"I'm neither blind nor stupid, Ma'am," replied the greeter. "I just couldn't believe someone would sleep with twice." "Have a good day and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart ."

Wally-World

Hmmm....let's see here! What I'm wondering is....UNLESS one were in the upper echelon of the company....would the average guy/gal working at one of their stores make enough $$$$ to buy a PC to come to this forum???

Has Obama started giving PC to the 'poe foaks' instead of phones?? Maybe that's the next item on the giveaway list...with taxpayer funds!!

Could be that they need some more part time employees. That way when Obamacare kicks in they wont have to provide insurance for them and everyone thinks they are goody goody for hiring vets.