• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Want a good RELIABLE battle rifle that shoots a bit better than my SCAR17

How does the 20 balance when you're running around with it? Does it swing heavy like the MWS or is it handy feeling like the 17? I'd assume somewhere in between.
It's not terrible. A little ass heavy but not bad.

Reactions: Bakwa
I wouldn't get the 20. I have a 17 and a 20, and feel it has a very similar "weird," recoil impulse from the heavy bolt carrier. Deersniper's P308 (first gen) is more accurate and has a much smoother impulse, and its a piston gun. I'm getting groups just under an inch with my 20 and FGMM, and I think thats because its harder to shoot than gas large frame, or I just suck more with 20.

Last edited:
I wouldn't get the 20. I have a 17 and a 20, and feel it has a very similar "weird," recoil impulse from the heavy bolt carrier. Deersniper's P308 (first gen) shoots better and is a much smooth impulse, and its a piston gun. I'm getting groups just under an inch, and I think thats because its harder to shoot than gas large frame, or I just suck more with it than the gas gun.
Good to know. My worry is that the 20 will be hard on optics like the 17 is with it's unique harmonic situation. Only time will tell I guess.
The 17 feels nice as a battle rifle though. I'm into it, but would probably only run one as a battle rifle.

Good to know. My worry is that the 20 will be hard on optics like the 17 is with it's unique harmonic situation. Only time will tell I guess.
The 17 feels nice as a battle rifle though. I'm into it, but would probably only run one as a battle rifle.

Word is it is not as hard on optics. Maybe because the monolithic chassis is longer/bigger?? I don't know, when I asked an FN rep that before I bought the 20 from another hide member, they said it would be easier on optics.

I’m surprised there aren’t more referrals to the Aero M5 AR10... I built mine lower in March and have their 24” upper in 6.5cm. It shoots half MOA with a suppressor and is very capable out to 1450 with factory Hornady 143 ELDX.
Having no adjustable gas block gave me feeding issues when I put the can on, but I just got a flat wirespring and heavier buffer and voila. Not an issue since. And you can’t beat the quality/price ratio!

I have a Nav-spec on mine so I'm not too worried about it.