• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Want to start a New Build and need advice

CAG55

Private
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2010
Kansas
Hi All,
As the title says, I thinking hard about building a New Toy.
Everything I have done in a long time was putting AR's together
I have a 243WSSM AR that I built, and not real happy.
So I have been reading a lot talking to folks, ect. First thing
I have to do is find out the recoil factor per. cal. I can't walk 50 feet without sitting down I have a bad back! I want a 1000 yard rifle, I may never shoot it that far but I want it to be able to! Here is what I have looked at,6.5x47L, 7mmWSM,
260 REmmington, have I missed any?? I am asking so if there are any cal's I missed please list it! No matter what I build I will put on a good break. Someone mentioned that a person on here makes Good Ones??I don't care if I have to build a single shot.
Greg

Re: Want to start a New Build and need advice

7mm-08 would be another good one... Good ballistics and the recoil shouldn't bother your back...

6mm remington Ackley improved,260,284 or 6.5/284.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">243.

Better ballistics than any of those save the 7wsm with virtually zero recoil. </div></div>

This.

Put a harrells or vias break on it <span style="color: #FF0000">IF</span> you'll be shooting from a bench (which I imagine you will be with a bad back) otherwise, the little bastard brake from APA is hard to beat.

Go with a 7.5 twist barrel for the 107 SMK's or DTAC bullets.

6.5x55 Swedish Mauser! Great BC bullet choices, low recoil, and unparalleled accuracy!

Get A heavier gun than normal also, ( lower recoil )