• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Want to upgrade stock

762forlife

Private
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2012
Westchester NY
IM looking to pick up either a McMillan a3mod5 or a Manners t4A but can't decide if i want to go DBM, do you who have it see it being an amazing upgrade or should i just keep the stock floor plate.

Re: Want to upgrade stock

Alex,

I think detachable floor metal is a worthwhile investment. Check out the offerings from Badger, Seekins, APA, ect. My fav is the Surgeon but they will all serve you well. If you get a Manners I would strongly consider the mini chassis.

While you are shopping, look at the McRee stock. Price is comparable, quality is great and service is excellant. Very versitle and bottom metal is built into the stock.

This is one well thought out piece of equipment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PatrickChewing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alex,

I think detachable floor metal is a worthwhile investment. Check out the offerings from Badger, Seekins, APA, ect. My fav is the Surgeon but they will all serve you well. If you get a Manners I would strongly consider the mini chassis. </div></div>

^This. The Manners T4A with a mini chassis would be a great investment. No need to bed it, just bolt it in, buy some AI mags, and rock out. I run a T2 with a mini chassis for my 7WSM and love it. Great stocks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762forlife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IM looking to pick up either a McMillan a3mod5 or a Manners t4A but can't decide if i want to go DBM, do you who have it see it being an amazing upgrade or should i just keep the stock floor plate. </div></div>

What kind of shooting are you going to do? Will you ever need to do mag changes? or will you be single loading at a bench? Is having a mag hanging out the bottom going to be a problem?

Personally I am in the process of getting H&S DBMs for my hunting rifles for ease of loading and unloading. They are't high cap and I don't ever plan on doing mag swaps.

My new F class build is a single load, and the Remington 700 in a McM A5 that I've been shooting F class with for the last yr has a Badger M4 (no DBM) If I convert it to a tactical match rifle I'll switch it to a DBM system, but until then I'm happy like it is.

For general purpose I like the H&S for convenient unloading (you don't have to ratchet 3 rounds out of the action or pop open the bottom and have them go everywhere.

You'll end up with more than one mag so figure you are adding $350 or more even if you get it used, is that of value to you? It doesn't change the way the rifle shoots, that said "I just want it" is also a legitimate reason.

Not to get too far off track but how do you like the PWS PRC muzzle brake? I've been thinking about getting one.

As far as the stock upgrade... Have you thought about a Manners with the mini chassis installed then you kill two birds with one stone and don't have to bed..

Alberta Tactical Rifles here in canada make their own bottom metal for AI mags. I have one and its Great. I'm sure you could prob get one shipped down.

albertatacticalrifle.com

The Manners Mini Chassis is a great choice but if you're on the fence about DBM, you can always get either one of those stocks and upgrade to DBM later.

HS makes good DBM but you have to use their proprietary mags. All the other DBM mentioned are compatible with AICS or Alpha Ind. mags. Quality is great, but quality and versitily are better. If you do go with DBM, go with AI mag compatible DBM. Just my .02