• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wanted - Curtis action

A lefty? Don’t think they exist.

They don't have a left-handed option out yet. It's in the works, but not released yet. When you see Jake Vibbert running one you'll know they're on the market.

Reactions: Mxridr and Stag556
I tried ordering a lefty two years ago and it kept getting pushed back on the production date.

Yup... “two more weeks” is the line I’ve been getting monthly since Oct. 2017. To make matters worse I heard just Thursday that Joel Russo is no longer at Curtis. Give up your search my friend. You’re looking for a unicorn! I’m giving up and ordering a left hand Impact. They are supposed to be ready early June.

Yup... “two more weeks” is the line I’ve been getting monthly since Oct. 2017. To make matters worse I heard just Thursday that Joel Russo is no longer at Curtis. Give up your search my friend. You’re looking for a unicorn! I’m giving up and ordering a left hand Impact. They are supposed to be ready early June.
It's a significantly better action anyways over the Curtis!!

I wanted one because of the short bolt throw. I run s&b and the bolt hits the illumination knob with 90 degree bolt throws.

Nunber of things to be honest, see below.

1. Impacts can be spun and prefit sight unseen because they are all so consistent to one another. Unfortunately Curtis stuff in the tenion isn't.

2. An impact is built like a tank and runs in the worst conditions every time, the Curtis doesn't tend to love a ton of grit in the action.

3. The impact doesn't suffer from mag feeding issues and to short of a tenion like the vector does, honestly the quick change barrel is a gimmick. If your Smith knows what he's doing it's a spin your barrel on and off regardless.

4. There is absolutely and I mean absolutely no one in the business that provides the customer sevice that Tate at impact precision shooting does, if you don't believe me go call Curtis Monday and see if you get someone on the phone and then go call impact ask for Tate.

Just to name a few, there's a reason the impact has become so widely used. Shit I've been waiting on the left handed vector for 2 years but it's only a few more weeks out...

I wanted one because of the short bolt throw. I run s&b and the bolt hits the illumination knob with 90 degree bolt throws.

Yea it's unfortunate for us lefties, but they will remove it for you if you send it in. I don't recall the last time I need illumination for a prs specific rifle but then again you are paying to remove a perfectly good feature.

If anyone in here would like to get in on a lefty impact let me know I'll hell out my fellow lefties on pricing I promise you wjt regret it, just a heads up though spots are closing up quickly.

I just ordered 2 bighorns. I like a left bolt with right hand ejection. I like being able to see in the chamber when/if there is a failure.

Reactions: BWB
Nunber of things to be honest, see below.

1. Impacts can be spun and prefit sight unseen because they are all so consistent to one another. Unfortunately Curtis stuff in the tenion isn't.

2. An impact is built like a tank and runs in the worst conditions every time, the Curtis doesn't tend to love a ton of grit in the action.

3. The impact doesn't suffer from mag feeding issues and to short of a tenion like the vector does, honestly the quick change barrel is a gimmick. If your Smith knows what he's doing it's a spin your barrel on and off regardless.

4. There is absolutely and I mean absolutely no one in the business that provides the customer sevice that Tate at impact precision shooting does, if you don't believe me go call Curtis Monday and see if you get someone on the phone and then go call impact ask for Tate.

Just to name a few, there's a reason the impact has become so widely used. Shit I've been waiting on the left handed vector for 2 years but it's only a few more weeks out...

I disagree...I’ve been run an axiom for a few years and my action has none of the issues you claim and neither do the other 6 guys in my club running them...I’ve had a 260..2-6.5x47s..5 6CMs 3BRX and 1 BR barrels on my actions.

you can order prefits for the Curtis actions there’s a few places sell them...my Smith chambers for all seven of our actions...2 are mine...and does not need them to spin up a barrel.

As far as the vector I can not comment as I don’t own one but I’d agree about the gimmick remark.

As far as CS goes its was great until Joel Russo got less involved...I called Joel once with an issue...he answered the phone on his bear hunt and Next day aired me the parts I needed that Monday.

Where Curtis Custom goes now is a crap shoot...like most companies that bite off more than they can chew...they can pull it out if they want to put in the work.

I disagree...I’ve been run an axiom for a few years and my action has none of the issues you claim and neither do the other 6 guys in my club running them...I’ve had a 260..2-6.5x47s..5 6CMs 3BRX and 1 BR barrels on my actions.

you can order prefits for the Curtis actions there’s a few places sell them...my Smith chambers for all seven of our actions...2 are mine...and does not need them to spin up a barrel.

As far as the vector I can not comment as I don’t own one but I’d agree about the gimmick remark.

As far as CS goes its was great until Joel Russo got less involved...I called Joel once with an issue...he answered the phone on his bear hunt and Next day aired me the parts I needed that Monday.

Where Curtis Custom goes now is a crap shoot...like most companies that bite off more than they can chew...they can pull it out if they want to put in the work.
First run of Vectors terrible design as the action lacks any inherent means of keeping the magazine out of the action. Bolt gets a little sloppy halfway out. Second run, tighter fitting, better AW cut, and sharp edges removed where needed. Kinda feel everyone unknowingly Beta tested their action. Communication with Curtis anymore is dismal. Good luck getting an email back. I agree their existence could go either way.

Reactions: 47guy
First run of Vectors terrible design as the action lacks any inherent means of keeping the magazine out of the action. Bolt gets a little sloppy halfway out. Second run, tighter fitting, better AW cut, and sharp edges removed where needed. Kinda feel everyone unknowingly Beta tested their action. Communication with Curtis anymore is dismal. Good luck getting an email back. I agree their existence could go either way.

like i say i dont know anything about the vector ive never handled one but i believe what your saying.
theres a reason joel russo is no longer involved with the company...lotta companies get to big to fast and end up biting off more than they can chew as well as a host of other problems...i hope they pull out and move on.

like i say i dont know anything about the vector ive never handled one but i believe what your saying.
theres a reason joel russo is no longer involved with the company...lotta companies get to big to fast and end up biting off more than they can chew as well as a host of other problems...i hope they pull out and move on.
I’d like to see what Joel is going to do. Maybe we’ll see another multi lug player in the game. I couldn’t be happier with the service he would provide. Just guessing here but I feel Curtis really rode on his back.

Reactions: 47guy
Maybe a couple more weeks?

Attachments

• D239A005-9594-4171-92FC-249507B2EE0F.jpeg
    D239A005-9594-4171-92FC-249507B2EE0F.jpeg
    478.8 KB · Views: 61
If it's true they can keep it my desire for one has come and gone saving up for AIAT and put it in a MPA chassis

Even still that is an axiom not the vector that most guys are looking for. No bolt shows that they are only half way there, I promise you if they had it completed it would be shown.

Reactions: Stag556
Or maybe it was just because it was MPA branded action and not a fluted axiom bolt ?‍♂️.

Attachments

• 293B8D55-68CC-44A8-9388-B125A2E9C743.jpeg
    293B8D55-68CC-44A8-9388-B125A2E9C743.jpeg
    257.6 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: Redeye3
Awesome, only took two years of empty "2 more weeks" promises. Again left handed vectors were promised over a year ago at this point I'm sure you could see why most guys are skeptical at best.

How come mpa can get a lefty made under their name and branded but Curtis can't get one finished out??

Awesome, only took two years of empty "2 more weeks" promises. Again left handed vectors were promised over a year ago at this point I'm sure you could see why most guys are skeptical at best.

How come mpa can get a lefty made under their name and branded but Curtis can't get one finished out??
Bigger wallet maybe...

I just ordered a lefty one from curtis, call them up and ask they might still have them. I think this is the first batch?

Reactions: Tinsley
If you are still looking my buddy has 2 axiom and 2 vectors for sale. Brand new