• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTB Wanted: SureFire FA762-SS Suppressor

Wanting To Buy

338LM_Sniper

Supporter
Minuteman
  • Looking for a SureFire FA762-SS Suppressor. This is the OTB model that I need for my GAP-10 Rifle.​

New or Used.

GAP-10 Side View.jpg

Last edited:
    If you decide to go with a different muzzle device to use a different can, I'll gladly buy that brake off you.

I wanted one tooooo but the RC socoms work just as good. 😍

Attachments

• 3050D10C-E8EE-4DA9-BDB0-D08AC84E902C.jpeg
      3050D10C-E8EE-4DA9-BDB0-D08AC84E902C.jpeg
      991.3 KB · Views: 140
    i noticed on my 762SSs i dont get any pressure relief / carbon blowing all back up the barrel. but i do on the socoms. . .
    the only downside to the SSs in my viewis the additional barrel machining to fit under the collar

I have a surefire FA762SS for sale. Text me 601-606-5667

Completely understand man. Like I said might be able to lower the price if you’re interested still. Good luck!

Thanks for getting with me on one of these Suppressors. I just can't see myself spending $2200 plus a $200 dollar tax stamp for a 308 suppressor. I may just switch it up and go with another brand and different set-up.
    I may have a potential source SOT in TX for the 762SS if the above deal doesn’t come together but ~2k is what you should expect to pay for one of these new. Add on any stupid-ass sales tax if your state collects it upon transfer (Nevada does).

None of my business- but Surefire does runs of legacy suppressors from time to time. In my experience their consumer level suppressor CS people suck (except for Kudu) but plenty of their big retailers should be able to get you in line. I’ve bought two FA556AR cans (same design same era) after they were discontinued in two different years, as well as a ton of mounts, so I’m confident that what I’m saying is true

Reactions: navynambu
    I may have a potential source SOT in TX for the 762SS if the above deal doesn’t come together but ~2k is what you should expect to pay for one of these new. Add on any stupid-ass sales tax if your state collects it upon transfer (Nevada does).
    if youre referring to capitol armory in texas i bought the last one.

Expect to pay around MSRP on one of these (close to $2k).

These are good cans and I own one for a clone M40a5. But if I were you, I would sell the brake and buy a TBAC for half the price.

Reactions: Nate87
    Is the TBAC an OTB style? Does Thunder Beast offer this style? I own an AAC 762 SDN6 Suppressor with the 51T Mount, but it just wouldn't look right due to the contour and the narrowing of the barrel for the over the barrel style flash hider. Can you provide a link to the TBAC so I can see what you are talking about. If I can save some coin that would be great.

Thx

Is the TBAC an OTB style? Does Thunder Beast offer this style? I own an AAC 762 SDN6 Suppressor with the 51T Mount, but it just wouldn't look right due to the contour and the narrowing of the barrel for the over the barrel style flash hider. Can you provide a link to the TBAC so I can see what you are talking about. If I can save some coin that would be great.

Thx
    TBAC are all end mount cans to my knowledge. Id run the SS can if you can find one. Surefire requires a minimum order quantity from SOTs that are eligible to order that can. Priority is given to DOD contract fulfillment however sometimes there are overruns that can be purchased by SOTs and that’s likely how you will find one

You could try calling Surefire and asking when they might have extras. I did this once (had FFL/sot get can from surefire) and it was a nightmare, but I got the can eventually.

I called both Clyde and Ranch and Home. Neither had it in stock. Thanks anyways for the leads. Still looking.

I called both Clyde and Ranch and Home. Neither had it in stock. Thanks anyways for the leads. Still looking.
    Man I swear they had one on the display the other day. I'll try to ride back over there this week if I get a chance and look.

Reactions: kydron
    Below is the response I got from Garin. Unfortunately it looks like they're done making them:

"As I have let others know, SureFire no longer has the equipment that built the FA line of suppressors nor do we even manually weld suppressors anymore. Everything got decommissioned to do more SOCOM cans and build more laser welding stations. Those legacy cans unfortunately are just something we can’t do anymore. "

Below is the response I got from Garin. Unfortunately it looks like they're done making them:

"As I have let others know, SureFire no longer has the equipment that built the FA line of suppressors nor do we even manually weld suppressors anymore. Everything got decommissioned to do more SOCOM cans and build more laser welding stations. Those legacy cans unfortunately are just something we can’t do anymore. "
    That sucks...thanks for posting the response.

Surefire was still fulfilling orders per their USMC suppressor contract for the M40A6 but that must have expired at some point recently so they've decommed all that old tooling/equipment. My guess is that the M40A6 itself will be retired soon (along w/the Mk13 Mod 7) in favor of the Barrett MRAD. Marines have been talking about doing just that for at least a year so it's only a matter of time...

Reactions: kydron
    I know it’s not the one you are looking for but this is a good deal if you are willing to go a different route given availability of the SS

That sucks...thanks for posting the response.

Surefire was still fulfilling orders per their USMC suppressor contract for the M40A6 but that must have expired at some point recently so they've decommed all that old tooling/equipment. My guess is that the M40A6 itself will be retired soon (along w/the Mk13 Mod 7) in favor of the Barrett MRAD. Marines have been talking about doing just that for at least a year so it's only a matter of time...
    I hope some of the mod 7’s make it out to the GP.

I hope some of the mod 7’s make it out to the GP.
    Yep, me too...I will be eyeing Thoroughbred Armament's "surplus/rare" section for return chassis / deployment kits over the next year or so and grab one up if/when they appear. Already have some other mod 7 parts laying around (still need another stiller action).

Yep, me too...I will be eyeing Thoroughbred Armament's "surplus/rare" section for return chassis / deployment kits over the next year or so and grab one up if/when they appear. Already have some other mod 7 parts laying around (still need another stiller action).
    Fucking Brandon will probably order them all destroyed or leave them in Ukraine for Putin.

Fucking Brandon will probably order them all destroyed or leave them in Ukraine for Putin.
    Wouldn't surprise me; perhaps his decrepid ass will croak before all that happens and Cuntmala can't be bothered with mod7s as she is too preoccupied w/"fixing" the border, lol.

I know it’s not the one you are looking for but this is a good deal if you are willing to go a different route given availability of the SS

I assume this won't fit over the existing MB762SSAL/RE and I'd have to change out the muzzle device to the one included in that ad?

I found one about a month ago but I wasn't going to fork out $2100 bucks for the can, plus $200 bucks for the Tax Stamp and then wait 10 months for the form-4 to get approved. I just sold the Rifle and bought a new one with a normal profile threaded barrel . I really didn't like the OTB design anyways.