• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wanting 2 Working out & Losing Wgt with a Bad Back

Magforce

Private
Minuteman
Aug 30, 2009
Lebanon, Tennessee, USA
Anyone have or heard of any ideas? When I was young in the Military I was in great shape. I gained a few pounds and since I have a really really bad back. Like to stengthen my core but thats hard with a bad back and loss about 35 lbs. Anyone know of a good easy diet and workout program I might can do without killing my back?

Re: Wanting 2 Working out & Losing Wgt with a Bad Back

Look into the Paleo diet. I am having great results right now. Everyone I know who is on it is making fast progress.

Rehab your back and don't eat carbs.

Hit the pool

What is the extent of your back injury? Herniation, bulging discs? Where is the problem? Upper, mid or lower?

You will be hard pressed to go wrong with the Paleo Diet.

As for the back, seek the advice of a professional that can put there eyes on you and better workup a program to accomodate your needs. A chiropractor or physical therapist are your best options in my opinion.

I have a bad back and I am currently working out to lose weight. I do six days a week on the elliptical for 30 min first thing in the morning. I then lift (circuit training) 3 days a week in the evening. The elliptical will help strengthen your core a bit and has decreased my back pain.

All that said, water is great as well. I am thinking of swimming laps at least 1 day a week.

Is it just a painful back or are there serious injuries?

for workouts...
lol HOT YOGA... seriously good for your entire body!
Incredible strength gains... dont laugh! LOL serious.
Also <span style="font-weight: bold">serious eye candy</span> in classes!!! Damn

I also get A.R.T. (active release technique)
Google it...
does ART help?
I have: Bad knee, torn up shoulder, lower back is toast, wrist barks at me and I can do whatever I want to do with yoga/ART mixed in including lift weights/ stair machine.

52 yrs old and just warming up here.
Best of luck!

Don't forget that a good colonic will make you lose 5-8 pounds almost immediately.