• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wanting to build an MRGG-A "clone"

stormhammer

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2023
Atlanta
Some may hate me for this, but I'm looking to do an MRGG-A "clone" with Aero's recently released anodized purple set - it seems 14.5" 6.5CM is the go to setup.

1704341367547.png

However, it seems some manufacturers have 308 variants such as Larue, and SWORD as an example (MRGG-S) https://swordfirearms.com/product/mrgg-s-factory-refurbish/

1) I was under the impression that the requirements were for 6.5CM - so I assume other these were one offs for testing, or just 308 is more available? Or am I missing something here.
2) What are some things to be aware of to try to hit that weight requirement ( or be close to it )
3) Would going for a 14.5 6.5CM be worth it, or am I better off just doing a 16" 308? Not planning on anything beyond 1000

The classic “I want to build this clone” but then start with some totally off the wall not even close to spec bullshit. In this case PURPLE Aero receivers.

The rifle that was officially adopted for the contract is the Geissele, so anything short of the same exactly spec’d rifle with Geissele roll marks is not a clone and is just another large from gas gun build.

Build what you want however you want, but if it’s not a clone don’t be a fag and call it one.

The classic “I want to build this clone” but then start with some totally off the wall not even close to spec bullshit. In this case PURPLE Aero receivers.

The rifle that was officially adopted for the contract is the Geissele, so anything short of the same exactly spec’d rifle with Geissele roll marks is not a clone and is just another large from gas gun build.

Build what you want however you want, but if it’s not a clone don’t be a fag and call it one.
Hard to build a clone when there isn't a MRGG-A winner yet. Also, the whole reason why "clone" is quoted is because it's not going to be an exact copy, omg I have the correct production number EPC accurate clone.

1704386727118.png

I said MRGG-A, not MRGG-S. If you want to be a pedantic about specifics, Aero also made an MRGG-A, as has Larue, LMT, Geiselle, SWORD, FN, and I would imagine a few others.

This rant is on point but MRRG-A is a shit show with no awardee; you’re thinking of MRRG-S.

This rant is on point but MRRG-A is a shit show with no awardee; you’re thinking of MRRG-S.
... no, I'm thinking MRGG-A. At least from what all the entrants have been, which is a 14.5" 6.5CM but for the sake of argument, sure. MRGG-S with a barrel that's 5.5 inches shorter.

If it’s not selected then it’s impossible to build a clone and we’re back to just throwing together a large frame semi auto.
There's a reason why I had the word clone in quotes since there isn't a winner yet, but you're not wrong on the last point. Basically looking at what Aero, KAC, LMT, Larue, FN, and SWORD have submitted and also sold off to the public and copying the format.

... no, I'm thinking MRGG-A. At least from what all the entrants have been, which is a 14.5" 6.5CM but for the sake of argument, sure. MRGG-S with a barrel that's 5.5 inches shorter.
I wasn’t talking to you.

There's a reason why I had the word clone in quotes since there isn't a winner yet, but you're not wrong on the last point. Basically looking at what Aero, KAC, LMT, Larue, FN, and SWORD have submitted and also sold off to the public and copying the format.

I’m sure nothing with purple receivers.

Like I said, build what you want but even hinting at that atrocity of a receiver set being anything near a clone is retarded.

Reactions: stormhammer
That's like guys putting a scope on their ar and saying it's a mk1 mod1 SPR. No. Its just a ar with a scope.

Reactions: nn8734