• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

wanting to custom build a sniper rifle

rackhunter85

Private
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2014
I need some input on building a custom rifle. I am looking at three different calibers 6.5 creedmore, 7mm creedmore, and .300 win mag. I am wanting to shoot a 1000 yards. But I also want to still have enough kinetic do the job yall know what I mean. where is the best place to look for barrels.

You need a 338 Lapua, minimum, to do the job.

A 408 Cheytac or 50BMG will do it better.

Don't forget optics. I recommend CounterSniper, if you can find one.

You need a 338 Lapua, minimum, to do the job.

A 408 Cheytac or 50BMG will do it better.

Don't forget optics. I recommend CounterSniper, if you can find one.

This. You absolutely must spend at least $10k or you're wasting your money.

Dont listen to these fellars 22lr will do the job just fine

This. You absolutely must spend at least $10k or you're wasting your money.

Those guys are totally full of crap. Don't waste your time and money on those big guns. A 17 HMR will do the job with plenty of kinetic to spare if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Oh buddy I kinda feel sorry for what your in for. Don't take it personal, just do a little more research before you start asking questions. Its all in here, you just have to look around. Oh and ixnay on the sniperay :)

50 BMG in a light mountain hunter configuration is the shit and muzzle brakes are for sissies. Be sure to get a scope with a very short eye relief.

Those guys are totally full of crap. Don't waste your time and money on those big guns. A 17 HMR will do the job with plenty of kinetic to spare if you know what I mean.

He doesn't. And neither do I.

Kinetic requires supreme commander, which of course means excellent communication.

He'll be far better off communicating with unbelievable sacrilege, so clearly, the proper choice is a 50 cal.

you all know what I came here to get some help and all I get is bull shit. thought you was all here to help. I guess this was a waste of time how do u delete your account

you all know what I came here to get some help and all I get is bull shit. thought you was all here to help. I guess this was a waste of time how do u delete your account

Before you run away all butthurt, consider:

Do you suppose you are the first fellow to come along and ask what cartridge is suitable for "1000 yard" shooting?

The 100th?

The 1000th?

Do you suppose that, perhaps, this has been discussed at great length over and over on a daily basis here?

It has.

Why not spend some time reading? You say you're interested in 6.5 creedmoor, 7mm Creedmoor and 300WM. Perhaps you could try typing those search terms into the Google, and read the threads on the snipers hide (and elsewhere) about them. Assuredly, you'll wind up with some specific questions about them.

Then come back and ask your questions. You'll find this website has an amazing wealth of information and experience... but zero tolerance for laziness and unintelligent questions.

Lastly, snipers use sniper rifles. If you're not a sniper, you use a precision rifle, or a target rifle, or a....hell, anything but sniper rifle. There are a LOT of actual snipers, active and retired that grace us with their presence here. It does a disservice to them to throw the term around meaninglessly.

Last edited:
And don't forget to drop the "still have enough kinetic do the job yall know what I mean". Make a steel plate ring at 1000 yards or punch a hole in a piece of paper. Keep your ideas of grandeur to yourself and you might not receive such a sarcastic reception.

It was always my impression that a "sniper rifle" was whatever rifle was in the fucker's hands at the moment. Sniper rifle has to be the gayest term I've ever heard.

I did not think that it was possible to hit every topic that highlighted the essence of stupid in a single post...

It was always my impression that a "sniper rifle" was whatever rifle was in the fucker's hands at the moment. Sniper rifle has to be the gayest term I've ever heard.

The deadliest sniper rifle in history has been a Mosin-Nagant with iron sights. If you know what I mean.

6/23/14 23:33 - 6/24/14 00:03......That's gotta be a record for a new guy come and gone.

I really like the "grace us with their presence" line. That's real good. Sicofantic! What a bunch of bullshit.

Last edited:
Sniper rifle is almost as bad as 23:33 and 00:03. Guess there is more then just one person on this thread never in the military.

I would argue that its one thing to be a new member and ask a routine question that has been asked 1000 times and jumping all over them; however, if the first post is asking to build a rifle with enough " kinetic" to take out a "yall know what I mean" human target at 1000 yards should not be in the same catagory.

Lol at this thread!
Well done guys...

Y'all know what I mean

Be sure to watch the YouTube proper barrel break-in Vid once you pick out a stick , and from what I hear there may be a new run of Spin D coming out soon ? Get some if you can , and one vital piece of operator equipment that's a must have but extremely hard to get is a Shemag ...not your one of the mill , but one used by Shankster after he's serviced a heavy and wiped off his Tool with .... it will mask your scent while out in your hide and " Sniping "

Let the witch hunt commence. I almost feel sorry for rackhunter, if yall know what I mean

Jeeeezus I'm glad I spent years reading threads here before I ever opened my mouth. It doesn't keep me from saying something dumb, but I'm at least on the military crest instead of the skyline most of the time.

h26EBFA00

Ya'll know what I mean.

Ohhhh.. I know what he means.. He meant to kill a person at 1000 yds. Not just punch holes in paper or hit steel targets. Wow! shit is getting serious

if rack really wants info he needs to watch the video on being operator as fuck yall know what i mean

I need some input on building a custom rifle. I am looking at three different calibers 6.5 creedmore, 7mm creedmore, and .300 win mag. I am wanting to shoot a 1000 yards. But I also want to still have enough kinetic do the job yall know what I mean. where is the best place to look for barrels.

49669931.jpg

New signature for me...

Last edited:
Someone could have at least recommended tacticalrifles.net before you scared him off, if you know what I mean.