• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

wanting to custom build a sniper rifle

Look nice rack hunter....it's like this. You don't come to a website called "snipershide" and ask about any taboo shit like sniper rifles. Stay thirsty my friend.

Why is it always 1,000 yards? How come nobody ever wants to go 1,100 yards?

Wow, I am new to this sight but I have never heard as many dudes with the same interests talk so much shit to each other. I hate to see how all of you treat your enemies! As for your question. Call Tactical Rifles. net They are award winning TPRs. All match grade and built to suit your needs.

Wow, I am new to this sight but I have never heard as many dudes with the same interests talk so much shit to each other. I hate to see how all of you treat your enemies! As for your question. Call Tactical Rifles. net They are award winning TPRs. All match grade and built to suit your needs.

I lol'd

show up asking fucktarded questions and gets assraped, then other new faggots get all maser pants crying like little girls, throw in some random douchecanoe thinkin hes super shaggy delta ranger cause he knows how to tell mil time, and you have a winner of a thread, ya'll know what i'm saying

strong with the tard this one is

Make this one a sticky. I'm fucking crying as I type right now! "Be advised: The perfect example of what not to do EVER on this forum". What's not to like? Easily the hardest I've laughed in many years. Pure wonder this thread has become...

Steveptr had me in stitches with his post of this:::: in a similar thread

puvygu9e.jpg

Again-- repost of Steveptr great patch in 2mile shot with 308

Jt

That is classic. I just shook my head when I saw the title to this thread.

If he couldn't take that little amount of shit before getting all butt hurt he's either 11 yrs old or lives in his parents basement playing duke nukem all night.

It was not by design,but by happenstance that I was drinking coffee and eating popcorn when I started reading this thread... As the lashings began, I thought it fitting that I had popcorn...As the humor began,I found it quite enjoyable... But the words of witdom came so quickly,that I immediately found myself trying to breath coffee which exited my nose with enough kenetic energy to ruin an entire bag of popcorn,if you know what I mean...

Last edited:
I don't understand why some people get upset when the term "sniper rifle" is thrown around.

The M-110 is a SASS (Semi-Automatic Sniper System), the M-2010 is an ESR (Enhanced Sniper Rifle), and before that the M-24 was a SWS (Sniper Weapon System). I never used the M-21 or the M-25, but they are both SWS also.

They all have Sniper in the name. However, I hardly call them anything but "gun" when communicating with the shooter.

I don't understand why some people get upset when the term "sniper rifle" is thrown around.

The M-110 is a SASS (Semi-Automatic Sniper System), the M-2010 is an ESR (Enhanced Sniper Rifle), and before that the M-24 was a SWS (Sniper Weapon System). I never used the M-21 or the M-25, but they are both SWS also.

They all have Sniper in the name. However, I hardly call them anything but "gun" when communicating with the shooter.

Because everyone knows you use a shotgun to hunt snipe.

snipe_hunt_02.jpg

Because if I used any of these, they are not sniper rifles. I was not, am not, never will be a "sniper". A sniper weapon system is a system used by a person qualified as a sniper used to disable persons or material. An average guy (like me) punching holes in paper is not shooting a sniper rifle, o matter if it is an M-110, M-24 or whatever. It would be like saying that because I skydive, scuba dive, ride in boats, and shoot guns that I'm a Navy seal.

Because if I used any of these, they are not sniper rifles. I was not, am not, never will be a "sniper". A sniper weapon system is a system used by a person qualified as a sniper used to disable persons or material. An average guy (like me) punching holes in paper is not shooting a sniper rifle, o matter if it is an M-110, M-24 or whatever. It would be like saying that because I skydive, scuba dive, ride in boats, and shoot guns that I'm a Navy seal.

It's just a word. Who cares?

My shooter isn't sniper qualified, and all he's done is punch holes and bang steel with his SASS. What does that make him?
The DC sniper wasn't sniper qualified, and a Bushmaster isn't a sniper rifle, but he sure disabled persons and equipment with some efficiency.

Those rifles have such military designations based upon the individual they were designed to be employed by. "Sniper" rifle = a rifle used by a sniper. Simple as that.

Btw, I wonder how many signature changes occurred over the last 24 hours...

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. It is difficult only for others around you. It's the same when you're stupid.......ya'll know what I mean!

Jason"

Now that's some funny shit... :)

Using "sniper" is a sort of "We've earned it, you've not" thing from the guys who are/were no shit MOS assigned, passed-the-school snipers. It's also a PC thing. Snipers kill people, so its a bit "off" to say that you want to label yourself as a "sniper" or that you want a "sniper rifle" because the inclination is that you're out to kill a person, especially when you go throwing around phrases about wanting enough kinetic energy for "Y'all know what I mean"... Also, it's one of those badass things that people idolize (snipers are hard motherfuckers, Zaitsev, Hathcock, Chris Kyle etc..), but has no place in civilian life. I'd never wear a ghillie to work or walking my dog in the park. Sort of like ninjas. Badasses (arguably.. lol), but some fucking nerd starts swinging around nunchucks and trident blades and he's a goddamn loser (see the "civilian sniper" video above).... We don't want to be that guy.

Anyway, this thread was incredibly entertaining. lol

It's just a word. Who cares?

My shooter isn't sniper qualified, and all he's done is punch holes and bang steel with his SASS. What does that make him?
The DC sniper wasn't sniper qualified, and a Bushmaster isn't a sniper rifle, but he sure disabled persons and equipment with some efficiency.

The actual definition from
Merriam-Webster: to shoot at exposed individuals (as of an enemy's forces) from a usually concealed point of vantage
Oxford: Shoot at someone from a hiding place, especially accurately and at long range

The DC sniper was actually sniping people so his rifle became a "sniper rifle" as it was being employed by a "Sniper" technically.

The real question is will a 308 have enough knockdown power at a mile to disable a fleshlight? VJJ?

no the density of said fleshlight would repel the 308 round after 1700 yards.

i am proudly CIVILIAN AS FUCK!!! "what time is it?" ""it is 06:30...." "no, it is 6:30 in the god damn morning....."

another thing, i know the word sniper is abused and thrown around alot but the word operator gets used way to much.....i saw a cop post on facebook about being...wait for it........"law enforcement operator" .....no, you are fucking cop!! you can dress up like you are in delta force and kick in some door of a meth head but at the end of the day , you are cop...be proud to be a cop. pretending to be something other than what you are is dishonest.

Yeah, I hear the "Tier 1 Operator" phrase thrown around, a lot, at work. I just roll my eyes at the BD/Sales guys...

I just bought some 5.11 taclite pro pants. Do I qualify as a proleetoperatortacticalsniper?

In all honestly, I was rejected by the marines for failing a hearing test, after cutting 65lbs in two weeks to make their height/weight ratio requirement, but that's as close as I've come to being operator as fuck.

The actual definition from
Merriam-Webster: to shoot at exposed individuals (as of an enemy's forces) from a usually concealed point of vantage
Oxford: Shoot at someone from a hiding place, especially accurately and at long range

The DC sniper was actually sniping people so his rifle became a "sniper rifle" as it was being employed by a "Sniper" technically.
As well,to snipe is to hurl snide remarks...to take aim with derogatory, contemptuous intent...
So if I were doing that at the same time as holding a rifle,would that not become a sniper rifle...???
No...??? I didn't think so...!
Shooting from a concealed position does not make you a sniper,it just means your smart...

Last edited:
As well,to snipe is to hurl snide remarks...to take aim with derogatory, contemptuous intent...
So if I were doing that at the same time as holding a rifle,would that not become a sniper rifle...???
No...??? I didn't think so...!
Shooting from a concealed position does not make you a sniper,it just means your smart...

The word has dual meaning and anyone with half an education knows to use the definition in relation to the context given as well as not just taking a part of the definition out of context but the WHOLE definition which includes against "someone" or an "individual"... Spin again...

The word has dual meaning and anyone with half an education knows to use the definition in relation to the context given as well as not just taking a part of the definition out of context but the WHOLE definition which includes against "someone" or an "individual"... Spin again...
Indeed,context...I can live with half an education...
I'm smart enough to shoot from concealment,given a choice...that does not make my rifle s sniper rifle,nor myself a sniper...
By your "technical" definition,most all combat rifleman are snipers...

And here I thought we were all snipers because we were members of the "Snipers Hide" discussion forum... None of you guys are nearly as cool now that none of you are snipers...

And here I thought we were all snipers because we were members of the "Snipers Hide" discussion forum... None of you guys are nearly as cool now that none of you are snipers...

But.... but.... I bought all that camo.... =(

Oh well, I can still tell all those snipery stories that I stole off the internets and make my girlfriend call me "tier 1 sniper operator elite!" She still knows who her camo daddy is!

But, I shoot deer with superb precusion from a concealed positions... Can I be a sniper again!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I just bought some 5.11 taclite pro pants. Do I qualify as a proleetoperatortacticalsniper?

In all honestly, I was rejected by the marines for failing a hearing test, after cutting 65lbs in two weeks to make their height/weight ratio requirement, but that's as close as I've come to being operator as fuck.

how the fuck did you cut 65lbs in 14 days? Asumming this is legit, ignore part 2 of my post. I am generally intersted. If not legit, proceed directly to part 2.

Part 2.
Thats 4.64 lbs a day. Considering you had to cut 65lbs i venture that you didnt have the physically/mental capability of burning 20k calories a day and surviving two week. Even them crazy MF on naked and afraid gernally only lose around 20-30 lbs in 3 weeks with NO fucking food. Maybe it wasnt the hearing test you failed, but the honor code.

But.... but.... I bought all that camo.... =(

Oh well, I can still tell all those snipery stories that I stole off the internets and make my girlfriend call me "tier 1 sniper operator elite!" She still knows who her camo daddy is!
Have you ever shown her a "real" 12" ruler...?
Cool...dont! ...grin