• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

wanting to custom build a sniper rifle

The term "sniper" or "tactical" is often utilized for one purpose, sales. Media uses it as a puchline as most people don't know anything about firearms and the use of these terms along with others such as "assault rifle" are used to place undue emphysis on a situation. Everything is now tactical and you need a tactical logbook and a tactical pencil to take down tactical data that was witnessed through your tactical spotting scope to view the tactical target so you can show your other tactical buddies just how tactical you are. I just saw the "tactical" ear muff wraps the other day to take your average ear muff and make it "tactical" by wrapping the foam pad in camo covered cloth. IMHO, sniper is not a rifle, its a action. We have trained snipers just as we have untrained snipers but the act of firing from a concealed position is basiclaly the same while one side of the spectrum is far more likely to succeed than the other.

how the fuck did you cut 65lbs in 14 days? Asumming this is legit, ignore part 2 of my post. I am generally intersted. If not legit, proceed directly to part 2.

Part 2.
Thats 4.64 lbs a day. Considering you had to cut 65lbs i venture that you didnt have the physically/mental capability of burning 20k calories a day and surviving two week. Even them crazy MF on naked and afraid gernally only lose around 20-30 lbs in 3 weeks with NO fucking food. Maybe it wasnt the hearing test you failed, but the honor code.

YEP. If he pulled off 65lbs in 14 days he needs to be running the PT for Porkchop Platoon. That, or he needs to be on kidney-recipient list because he did some terrible shit to himself in the process.

how the fuck did you cut 65lbs in 14 days? Asumming this is legit, ignore part 2 of my post. I am generally intersted. If not legit, proceed directly to part 2.

Part 2.
Thats 4.64 lbs a day. Considering you had to cut 65lbs i venture that you didnt have the physically/mental capability of burning 20k calories a day and surviving two week. Even them crazy MF on naked and afraid gernally only lose around 20-30 lbs in 3 weeks with NO fucking food. Maybe it wasnt the hearing test you failed, but the honor code.

Actually I lost 60 lbs in 12 days, and another 5 in 2. I lost 60 to meet the height/weight ratio, went to MEPS and they measured me an inch shorter, thus requiring I lose another few pounds. I trained for roughly 14 hours a day, every day for the first 10 days. I ran laps, if I wasn't running I swam laps and if I wasnt running or swimming I did sit-ups/pushups and if I was doing none of the above I was sitting in a sauna massaging my muscles, of which I could feel every last one. I also ate nothing but broccoli and tuna fish, and drank about three gallons of water a day. I worked my ass off because I wanted nothing more than to join the Corps, but only clicked the button in the hearing test booth three times... between two tests.

I assure you, my PDQ had absolutely nothing to do with my honor, or lack there of. I can also assure you, that I have more honor and integrity than at least half of those who actually get accepted into the Corps that day.

Actually I lost 60 lbs in 12 days, and another 5 in 2. I lost 60 to meet the height/weight ratio, went to MEPS and they measured me an inch shorter, thus requiring I lose another few pounds. I trained for roughly 14 hours a day, every day for the first 10 days. I ran laps, if I wasn't running I swam laps and if I wasnt running or swimming I did sit-ups/pushups and if I was doing none of the above I was sitting in a sauna massaging my muscles, of which I could feel every last one. I also ate nothing but broccoli and tuna fish, and drank about three gallons of water a day. I worked my ass off because I wanted nothing more than to join the Corps, but only clicked the button in the hearing test booth three times... between two tests.

I assure you, my PDQ had absolutely nothing to do with my honor, or lack there of. I can also assure you, that I have more honor and integrity than at least half of those who actually get accepted into the Corps that day.

dude, that is outfucking standing. I am verily impressed. no sarcasm intended.

I just dont know how you did it. I am a Marine. I also know what it means to cut weight ( wrestling). I've seen some really fanatic weightloss in my day and never saw anything close to that. I am amazed your alive. I mean seriously, i think of all the hard ass classes and schools that i know of, and none of them would produce 65lbs of weight loss in 2 weeks. Of course im not a dr, so what the fuck do i know LOL.

I just dont know how you did it. I am a Marine. I also know what it means to cut weight ( wrestling). I've seen some really fanatic weightloss in my day and never saw anything close to that. I am amazed your alive. I mean seriously, i think of all the hard ass classes and schools that i know of, and none of them would produce 65lbs of weight loss in 2 weeks. Of course im not a dr, so what the fuck do i know LOL.

One word... Commitment.. I was amused, because while I was working out, the Staff Sergeant and Gunny thought it would be wise to send over some guys fresh out of boot to "Motivate" me even further. After going through a half a day of my routine, they both went home and didn't come back to work out with me.

With that said, I would never advise someone else to cut weight that fast, and I was obviously fatigued going into MEPS, and also gained most of it back fairly rapidly after the PDQ, there was much beer drinking that ensued afterwards.

Also looking back, I'd love to have all of those miles left on my poor knees :/

On the note of the "Hard Ass Classes" you speak of, I would venture to bet most of them last only an hour or two a day tops, and do not run from the time you wake up till the time you go to sleep.

One word... Commitment.. I was amused, because while I was working out, the Staff Sergeant and Gunny thought it would be wise to send over some guys fresh out of boot to "Motivate" me even further. After going through a half a day of my routine, they both went home and didn't come back to work out with me.

With that said, I would never advise someone else to cut weight that fast, and I was obviously fatigued going into MEPS, and also gained most of it back fairly rapidly after the PDQ, there was much beer drinking that ensued afterwards.

Also looking back, I'd love to have all of those miles left on my poor knees :/

On the note of the "Hard Ass Classes" you speak of, I would venture to bet most of them last only an hour or two a day tops, and do not run from the time you wake up till the time you go to sleep.

I am glad you guys got that worked out or this thread was going to take on a whole new dimension altogether.

FULLRETARD_zps70524744.jpg

I was thinking along the lines of ITS, Ranger course, BUDS, etc... its fair to say that its physical lol. When i came home form bootcamp i ran with guys waiting to ship. Would do 3 mile runs ovr and over. Didnt have a choice to come back or not lmao. Best shape i was ever in came after intel school at damn neck though. All 4 of my classes instrcutors were force recon guys that lat moved for promotions and liked to run. run a lot. Morning pt was usually at least 2 hours. 1 hour of leg lifts and hello dollys and pushups. Then 7-12 mile run on and off beach. We used to start and do all of our ground work, then as we were forming for run the navy guys would form to start. By the time we got back from run the squids had pt's, showered and lined up for breakfast at the chowhall. At least the women were easy in the barracks across the way. Just dont get caught by SP.

The term "sniper" or "tactical" is often utilized for one purpose, sales. Media uses it as a puchline as most people don't know anything about firearms and the use of these terms along with others such as "assault rifle" are used to place undue emphysis on a situation. Everything is now tactical and you need a tactical logbook and a tactical pencil to take down tactical data that was witnessed through your tactical spotting scope to view the tactical target so you can show your other tactical buddies just how tactical you are. I just saw the "tactical" ear muff wraps the other day to take your average ear muff and make it "tactical" by wrapping the foam pad in camo covered cloth. IMHO, sniper is not a rifle, its a action. We have trained snipers just as we have untrained snipers but the act of firing from a concealed position is basiclaly the same while one side of the spectrum is far more likely to succeed than the other.

This sounds like something Lowlight should make into a parody video of the Jimmy Fallon/Justin Timberlake "Hashtag" skit (just use quote signs instead of hashtag signs)... LMAO just thinking about it... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57dzaMaouXA

Indeed,context...I can live with half an education...
I'm smart enough to shoot from concealment,given a choice...that does not make my rifle s sniper rifle,nor myself a sniper...
By your "technical" definition,most all combat rifleman are snipers...

If they're shooting at someone/individual accurately or at long range from concealment then yes they are sniping. You want to pull one part of the equation from a sentence to make it apply to your argument which means you're either retarded or dishonestly manipulative in an attempt to make your error look factual... Try again...

If they're shooting at someone/individual accurately or at long range from concealment then yes they are sniping. You want to pull one part of the equation from a sentence to make it apply to your argument which means you're either retarded or dishonestly manipulative in an attempt to make your error look factual... Try again...
Nick...
I conceed,both you and hairball have a valid point...
if a person shoots from concealment, possibly at distance,then yes...By definition ,they are sniping and by that definition,they are snipers...
But....!
To remain in context as you say,considerations must be given to the forum we are on...
You stayed that Mohammad was a sniper and by definition, so was Oswald...
I say they were pos gunmen with a rifle,firing from a concealed position...
The dictionary says I'm wrong....
Fine I'm wrong...
But we have many honorable men among us who earned the moniker,though a great deal of effert on their part...
You would put them in a box,with Mohammad and Oswald and without distinction,label the box "snipers"
For that,you are wrong...
Now I know that your intent was not that all in the box were equal...By no means!
What I failed to do was get you to see my perspective as to here,on the hide,I believe the term sniper refers to a professional who has earned that title...
I have no literary finding at hand to support my thoughts on this...
None the less,I stand by using different terms,to distinguish between concieled gunmen and snipers...
At one time,the word itself was uttered with disdain...
I believe that having changed,so has the word itself to a degree...sniper now is a word for tradesmen and professionals...
I apologize that my lack of education seems to bother you,so I'll ask only of you one question...
How do you differentiate between a deployed/ slotted sniper and someone like Mohammad...?

Nick...
I conceed,both you and hairball have a valid point...
if a person shoots from concealment, possibly at distance,then yes...By definition ,they are sniping and by that definition,they are snipers...
But....!
To remain in context as you say,considerations must be given to the forum we are on...
You stayed that Mohammad was a sniper and by definition, so was Oswald...
I say they were pos gunmen with a rifle,firing from a concealed position...
The dictionary says I'm wrong....
Fine I'm wrong...
But we have many honorable men among us who earned the moniker,though a great deal of effert on their part...
You would put them in a box,with Mohammad and Oswald and without distinction,label the box "snipers"
For that,you are wrong...
Now I know that your intent was not that all in the box were equal...By no means!
What I failed to do was get you to see my perspective as to here,on the hide,I believe the term sniper refers to a professional who has earned that title...
I have no literary finding at hand to support my thoughts on this...
None the less,I stand by using different terms,to distinguish between concieled gunmen and snipers...
At one time,the word itself was uttered with disdain...
I believe that having changed,so has the word itself to a degree...sniper now is a word for tradesmen and professionals...
I apologize that my lack of education seems to bother you,so I'll ask only of you one question...
How do you differentiate between a deployed/ slotted sniper and someone like Mohammad...?

Aah... In that context, lol... I agree 110% ;)...

Easy, Mohammad has more "confirmed" kills than most slotted snipers.

Sent from my Sega Dreamcast using Tapatalk
No arguement man...
Funny what can happen when you put a pos who can shoot into a non hostile AO,with an extremely target rich environment,with little to no chance of return fire on his position,and tell him not to worry about breaking anything...
Are you kidding...?
He really was not all that good...

No arguement man...
Funny what can happen when you put a pos who can shoot into a non hostile AO,with an extremely target rich environment,with little to no chance of return fire on his position,and tell him not to worry about breaking anything...
Are you kidding...?
He really was not all that good...

I disagree. His field craft was spot on. He repeatedly took extremely high percentage shots without being caught.

I always tell guys on stalk lanes there is 2 types: those who do hard stalks to take easy shots, and those who take hard shots to do easy stalks. You gotta find your balance.

However, I place far more value in TD, RE, Field Craft, Movement and Communication than I do marksmanship. We can teach anybody how to manipulate a weapon system effectively.

I was excited when I saw another page and a half had been added since I last saw this. Then I read it.....Thanks for fucking this whole thing up.

Guys this whole thing is a mistake. The guy just had a typo in his OP. He meant to ask about a snapper rifle, not a sniper rifle...
e3u3a7es.jpg

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

ya'll turned a solid thread into a circle jerk discussion on verbage, sad

Like another beat up on the FNG, and then pat each other on the back for our how cool our insults are isn't a CJ?

You read the title, and you know the post will go something like this:
Response 1-5: People pulling up chairs and popcorn.
Response 6-10: Some quality burns and OP being all WTF?
Response 11-15: Usually 1 or 2 genuine answers the rest are pats on the back
Response 16-25: Someone wondering why this always happens and popular references (Mall Cop / FART)
After Response 26: Enormous CJ until it spins off topic

Like another beat up on the FNG, and then pat each other on the back for our how cool our insults are isn't a CJ?

You read the title, and you know the post will go something like this:
Response 1-5: People pulling up chairs and popcorn.
Response 6-10: Some quality burns and OP being all WTF?
Response 11-15: Usually 1 or 2 genuine answers the rest are pats on the back
Response 16-25: Someone wondering why this always happens and popular references (Mall Cop / FART)
After Response 26: Enormous CJ until it spins off topic

In all fairness the Op vacated the thread by post #13, a mere 30 minutes after his OP. After that the topic became null and void...

Because this guy, that's why.
Thi

This is the greatest thread of all time. For any of y'all that endured "civilian sniper's" photo shoot, be sure to check out the link to the vid from our old friend Mr. Yeager (of tr rifles.net thread) linked at the end of civy-snipers shit. Also enjoy civy-snipers "4 shooting drills" with his er, robust, compadres. Lots of kinetic in those vids to help you get the job done. Y'all know what I mean?

Also enjoy civy-snipers "4 shooting drills" with his er, robust, compadres. Lots of kinetic in those vids to help you get the job done. Y'all know what I mean?
LOL Where's the "drill" part? Or did I miss it? ;) That video would have made WAY more sense if they had forks in their hands instead of rifles.

LOL Where's the "drill" part? Or did I miss it? ;) That video would have made WAY more sense if they had forks in their hands instead of rifles.
Click on the video where boseefus the civy-sniper is standing next to another equally sized individual while pointed in with their rifles. Its got to be tact-resp. Approved.

This is the greatest thread of all time. For any of y'all that endured "civilian sniper's" photo shoot, be sure to check out the link to the vid from our old friend Mr. Yeager (of tr rifles.net thread) linked at the end of civy-snipers shit. Also enjoy civy-snipers "4 shooting drills" with his er, robust, compadres. Lots of kinetic in those vids to help you get the job done. Y'all know what I mean?

I'm no small guy... but DAMN that's a big target....

I disagree. His field craft was spot on. He repeatedly took extremely high percentage shots without being caught.

I always tell guys on stalk lanes there is 2 types: those who do hard stalks to take easy shots, and those who take hard shots to do easy stalks. You gotta find your balance.

However, I place far more value in TD, RE, Field Craft, Movement and Communication than I do marksmanship. We can teach anybody how to manipulate a weapon system effectively.

Sorry, you lost me at "my Sega Dreamcast"

I wonder if they are shooting at 15 yds or stretched it out to 25 yds? Where did my tactical chocolate chip go................

Ryan

Don't be discounting the Tactical Hefties. It's nice to keep one in your unit to use as bait or you always have someone you can run faster than.