• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Warhorse Development Bags

mrobles3808

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 21, 2013
Nebraska
With so many excellent options in the industry, I was on the hunt for a do all shooting bag. This lead me to settle on the "Comanche" from Warhorse Development. The reason I am posting here is because I wanted to share my experience with the order. Communication about products was immediate, guidance and first hand experience was shared, and shipping was relatively immediate.

I was perfectly satisfied with the transaction and had already made my mind up that when funds clear, I will be ordering more products from them. Upon opening the package, there sit the bag, a bunch of stickers, and a hand written note from the owner. This is the epitome of freaking awesome CS and building a relationship with your customers.

If you haven'd ordered from them, check them out.
IMG_1325.jpg

They sound like a class act! Their website is a little awkward. They need a products section or something of that nature for special kids like me. I found stuff, but don’t know if I was missing other products simply because it wasn’t listed clearly or I didn’t stumble onto it. These are great times we live in now for variety and quality of options available for this activity.

Buddy of mine has one of these bags, it is truly the do-all bag. Top notch quality and good company to deal with. He said he’ll never use a gamechanger again, works great on all kinda of barricades. I was impressed as wel

Thank you for the kind words. I will look into making the website easier. All the made products are in the Soft Goods section. The matches that we host are in the Skills Development section.

As far as cost, I’m sorry but it’s just my butt down here making them. We do give veteran, military, and Law enforcement discounts. If you really want to get into one of my bags give me a holler privately and I’ll work something out with you.

Thank you for the kind words. I will look into making the website easier. All the made products are in the Soft Goods section. The matches that we host are in the Skills Development section.

As far as cost, I’m sorry but it’s just my butt down here making them. We do give veteran, military, and Law enforcement discounts. If you really want to get into one of my bags give me a holler privately and I’ll work something out with you.

I wasn't trying to say it's not worth the cost, just that I can't afford it at the moment. I understand having someone that gives a damn standing behind a product that works comes with a price. I'd rather spend $130 on a bag that works than spend $30 on one that's going to inevitably take a shit on me when I need it.

I can attest to these bags and Chas. They are both first rate! You get what you pay for and I would do it over again in a second. I can't wait to buy more of his products.

Thanks again, Ian

Reactions: mrobles3808
Chas rushed me two of these for a match(saracen and commanche). They made their way around the squad at most of the matches i shot last season for one stage or another. Great bags cant recommend them enough

I like that Saracen bag. How often do you get the non deluxe ones made @Birch Creek?

Normal lead time is about three weeks for a bag. Sometimes folks luck out and order a bag that’s actually in stock, which is a rare occurrence. Usually, we are making bags to order. Those rare times I have an in stock bag, it generally doesn’t stay much longer than a day or two.

Right now, I’m trying to make sure everyone gets their orders before Christmas.

Have both the Commanche and Saracen; excellent bags, beautifully made, great company, Veteran owned. A+

I have the saracen and love it. Great person to do business with.

I have owned a saracen for over a year and it's simply amazing. Chas at Warhorse Development truly is a class act for sure. I also use mine to hunt and I have put it through its paces in the heat, rain and snow .......absolutley zero issues in performance and durability.

Attachments

• 20181110_150325.jpg
    20181110_150325.jpg
    513.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 20181114_162022.jpg
    20181114_162022.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 20181115_160741.jpg
    20181115_160741.jpg
    574.5 KB · Views: 142
Take this how you will, but I shot a match yesterday and one of the stages required all shooters to use the utter bag on the barricade if we were to use a bag at all. The RO said that not 1 out of 126 shooters said they liked using that bag, myself included. I understand some may love it and that's cool, but everyone in my squad said that they wished they had just shot the stage without a bag at all. I can really see their utility on a fence post or tank trap, but passed that, I prefer other bags such as my solo sac, fortune cookie, or game changer.

Take this how you will, but I shot a match yesterday and one of the stages required all shooters to use the utter bag on the barricade if we were to use a bag at all. The RO said that not 1 out of 126 shooters said they liked using that bag, myself included. I understand some may love it and that's cool, but everyone in my squad said that they wished they had just shot the stage without a bag at all. I can really see their utility on a fence post or tank trap, but passed that, I prefer other bags such as my solo sac, fortune cookie, or game changer.

Lucky for you, Chas makes a wide selection of bags. ;)

The Saracen or Comanche is truly a do all bag. By do all, it may not be perfect for every scenario, but it will definitely work well in all scenarios. There isn’t a better bag for tank traps, or any barricade with knarley angles. Now for anything that is level, with a decently wide platform, most any bag will work.

Reactions: AverageGrunt
Lucky for you, Chas makes a wide selection of bags. ;)

Oh I have nothing against the manufacturer. the tactical utter is just the design I see being used and is the only one i have experience with after this weekend.

Reactions: Basher
For a one bag match go with the larger of the two?

This is hard for me to recommend. I've used both (bigger and smaller) and I don't see the smaller, more compact model giving anything up. I think if you wanted your bag to "cradle" your rifle a bit deeper, the larger bag would be better, but Im of the impression that either one will allow for the same stability. I like the more compact version, but that is because of the way I tend to stabilize the rifle on barricades....etc...

Last edited:

RO was wrong...I loved it...granted I'd been using a Saracen for the entire season :geek:. My only gripe with the bag is taken care of with the Comanche which is on the top of my "to buy" list.

Also, a note...that bag yesterday was made by Bison Tactical and was made different from my Saracen when they first came out and Warhorse was still with Bison. I much prefer how Bison originally made the bag VS the bag we had to use yesterday. I cant put my finger on it but it felt different and molded to the barricade different from my personal one. Another 2 shooters who uses the original Saracen said the same thing. No idea if the Warhorse bags are made like the originals but I'm hoping they are when I get my Comanche.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
I was under the impression it was the other way around...?

I'm sure someone will correct me but when the Saracen first came out Chas was working with Bison and Bison was the first distributor. If Chas was making it and Bison selling it or Bison at the time was doing both I'm not sure. Chase went off and made Warhorse and Bison is still Bison but still has rights to sell the bag. Either way...however Bison is making them now, based off the one we had to use at the match this weekend, does not feel the same as the one I purchased when Chas was working with Bison. Might be overstuffed, different filling, different grade material or a combo but the originals to me (and 2 other shooters) seem different then current Bison samples.

Not saying either product is better or worse, but there was a felt difference and I personally preferred the originals.

The original bags were all made by me. I sold them through Bison and Fred and I had some differences so we went out separate ways. Fred now has his bags made by an outfit in Colorado and I continue to make mine. And if you see crazy fighting over a Udder vs Saracen that is neither Fred or me instigating that. Fred is a good dude and a great business guy we just had some differences is all.

As far as forcing a shooter to use a particular piece of gear at a stage I dislike like that personally. So when I donate to a match that is not something I require as part of my donation. I will sometimes ask to make it available to use if the shooters want.

I’ve been using the Comanche all year and it is a heck of a bag. The Comanche deluxe is so far the favorite of all the products I have made.

The original bags were all made by me. I sold them through Bison and Fred and I had some differences so we went out separate ways. Fred now has his bags made by an outfit in Colorado and I continue to make mine. And if you see crazy fighting over a Udder vs Saracen that is neither Fred or me instigating that. Fred is a good dude and a great business guy we just had some differences is all.

As far as forcing a shooter to use a particular piece of gear at a stage I dislike like that personally. So when I donate to a match that is not something I require as part of my donation. I will sometimes ask to make it available to use if the shooters want.

I’ve been using the Comanche all year and it is a heck of a bag. The Comanche deluxe is so far the favorite of all the products I have made.

Great to hear....looking forward to picking up a comanche even more knowing you made the original bag i have.

Have a Comanche bag. Love it. My impressions mirror the OPs. Chas is a hell of a good guy to deal with. I emailed with a question and he personally called me 5 minutes later. Probably get a Saracen now, too.

Have a Comanche bag. Love it. My impressions mirror the OPs. Chas is a hell of a good guy to deal with. I emailed with a question and he personally called me 5 minutes later. Probably get a Saracen now, too.
Bag collecting is almost like holster collecting. I have a wax canvas Game Changer along with some other ones I’ve collected. Looks like the a Comanche will be my next bag. Looks like it’s a jack of all trades kinda bag.

Do you have a Comanche or Saracen in stock right now?

Their large canister with 75-85% fill is the perfect all around bag in my opinion. I carry a gamechanger as well but find myself only using the large canister on 90% of stages. Its the shit.

Chas at Warhorse is class act. I have the Comanche, the Saracen, and the Canister (more traditional rear bag). All three are made by Chas in Valier, MT out of quality materials and the material and stitching is holding up great for me. Well made stuff.
I actually find the canister to be the one I grab the most for prone, but still use the saracen a fair amount for positional work at local PRS type matches. If I had to pack it any significant distance at a match (vortex extreme type), I would use the comanche. Taking only one in the field for hunting? - I grab the comanche, not just because it is lighter, but it is also versatile.

Reactions: memilanuk
The Saracan is my favorite bag and gets used more than any other bag I have. Great for smoking yotes from the truck bed too.
View attachment 6980389
View attachment 6980390

I love the photos! I use the heck out these bags in my pickup. Gophers and yotes don’t stand a chance.

@kriller134 we are generally made to order. The OP lucked out and perchance I had that one available. I had actually made it the day before. Mile High might have some in stock and they should have some more here soon. But if you want to order from me just give me a holler and we will figure out what color you want and get you in it. I’m burning the midnight oil for the Christmas presents. Some of you gentlemen have good wives!!

Chas is the man! Great communication and he wasn’t lying when he said he’s burning the midnight oil. I emailed him late last night and we were going back and forth up till about 12 pacific. Ordered a Comanche and he said he’s gonna work hard to get it to in time for a match. Really happy with his customer service.

Damn I think I'm going to order the Comanche with the Arca Rail. Hopefully it will be available for Christmas, but if it doesn't make it, no prob. Just gotta see how much that LE discount is :)

Ill do another vote for Chas, Id been back and forth while before finally dropping on it. I asked if I could get it in time for a match in 3 weeks, and it arrived about 5 days later.
Picture is in the Accuracy International Thread.
Gets its first true run out this weekend at our club match

Reactions: AverageGrunt
Heard the wife say Chas on a phone call she had just commented "whos number is this and why are they calling me" before she answered....then acted all mysterious about the call...

Fingers crossed she actually listened to all of my shooting talk and theres a comanche on its way.

I can neither confirm nor deny any such phone call ever occurred.

While this is an old thread, for those searching I feel required to add that a Warhorse Development Comanche, when put on its side, will clear a 10 round Magpul magazine on a Howa HCR by just the right amount.

Add a little bit more fill and it clears the magazine a lot.

Thank you @Birch Creek!

-Stan

Attachments

• IMG_5931.JPG
    IMG_5931.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: Birch Creek