• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Warne Tactical rings

jdboy

Minuteman
Sep 2, 2011
TN
I had to have a new set of rings and had a set in stone budget of $100. I ran across the Warne Tactical series and thought I'd give them a try. They're an all steel ring and seemed to be of very good quality. I haven't heard much about these so I was wandering what you all thought. Any first hand experience with this product would be great. I ordered them and they should be here by the end of next week. Hope I get my moneys worth!

Re: Warne Tactical rings

I have not used the rings but I run a Warne Tactical 20 moa base on a Remington 700 and it has worked flawlessly. The craftsmanship is good and the price is as well.

I had the warne tac rings (30mm) and sold them for the leupold mark 4 rings. I found the leupold rings had a much better fit to my rail (no front to back wiggle on my rail). Also, the vertical split design on the warne rings make it very frustrating when you want to mount the scope. It's a unique design but it leaves a lot to be desired IMHO. Sgcusa . Com has the mark 4 rings on sale this weekend for about $100. Just my $0.02
wink.gif
buy once and be happier in the long run.

As a side note, I did use warne rings on my Ruger 10/22. Very happy with them there. For $25 at my local Cabelas it was a great deal and I couldn't be happier. On my tactical 308 (fn spr a5) I wanted something a little more up to speed with the whole package.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical_Tom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think they are weaver rings not picatinny. </div></div>

From what I read I thought the Tactical series was developed around the picatinny standard. I could be wrong though.

I have, and still do, use Warne tactical rings on a couple of my NF scopes. They have been there for at least a couple of years and I've had no issues. Some folks don't like the way the screws are horizontal but it didn't take long to figure out. Also, I've never had to lap a pair of Warne's and never had them leave a ring mark.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have, and still do, use Warne tactical rings on a couple of my NF scopes. They have been there for at least a couple of years and I've had no issues. Some folks don't like the way the screws are horizontal but it didn't take long to figure out. Also, I've never had to lap a pair of Warne's and never had them leave a ring mark.
</div></div>

This is just the kind of information I was hoping to see! I've never owned a set of vertical split rings but it shouldn't be too bad make my final adjustments before cinching everything down. I also like the idea of not leaving marks on the scope tube. I had a set of reducers and actually wanted to order the 30mm set and use them but I wasn't sure of the actual width of the rings and was afraid the reducers wouldn't work once the rings were here. I have my first really good quality scope and I'd hate to scratch it all up just in the mounting stages.

Once you get the rings on the scope loosely, mount it on the base. Tighten the base screws to no more than about 15 inch pounds. Then make sure the reticle is level and there is nothing binding. Tighten the bottom ring screws to around 18-20 inch pounds. Then tighten the top ring screws to same spec. Then tighten the base screws to 65 inch pounds. Once that is done, check the torque on all the smaller ring screws and make sure they are in the 18-20 range.
Go slow and just be sure you aren't stressing the scope tube as it all goes together.
At least that is how I do it. You may find those with different methods.

Be sure to loctite them.I have never used loctite on my rings until now.My Warne's were on for 6 months and worked loose.They were torqued to spec.Alot of guys have always used loctite,some don't.I will from now on.

I think I'll just try my hand with lubed properly torqued fasteners first. If by chance they shoot loose I'll give Blue Loctite a second look. Thanks all for the suggestions and help.

Well my rings finally came in today and I'm more than pleased with the quality of this product! I think they could have been better if they would have at least given some kind of factory torque specifications for the rings themselves. They gave the 65in/lbs for the cross bolt but that was it. I used the torque suggested earlier in the tread for the other fasteners. Please excuse the crappy cell phone pics but it was all I had with me at the time.

eiuis6.jpg

Running Warne 30mm QD max. on my 700P-.308 and M-96-.408CT Windrunner,picatinny rails and Horus Falcon scopes on both. On/off goes right back to zero, rings are cut so you can be sure both are forward on the rail for recoil. Next set will be the same ones.