• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Warner Tool Co Dies

bdubb

Minuteman
Oct 28, 2009
TX
I started hand loading at the beginning of this year for 260 Remington and took the year before that as time to acquire everything needed, research some of the better options, and read up on as much as I could fit in my head. After loading for several months I started to pay more attention to how much my original sizing die was working the brass. This brought me to seeing what it would do to new unfired Lapua brass seeing that it was reducing the body size of even new brass. To me that meant it was overworking the brass and the sizing die was too tight for my liking. Through this forum I came across Warner Tool Co dies and placed an order back in early July I think. Knowing that I wasn't happy with my current die the 8 week wait was a bit rough but it didn't stop me from shooting and their customer service through the wait time was top notch when I reached out to them.

Getting the Warner Tool die in I have to say I was impressed with how it was machined and the overall construction. It took some time to get familiar with the setup as I wasn't getting the shoulder bump at first, but after lowering the die some to contact the shell holder more firmly I got what I was looking for. After sizing 20 pieces of brass last night with imperial lube and a Sinclair bump gauge I was seeing that all cases were within .0005 overall. I don't neck turn, but the necks looked much better than when using a bushing previously. I don't have anything to check run-out/concentricity but I am told it should be VERY good as well. The entry price to get a Warner Tool die was expensive, but so far I see it as worth the wait and cost to have something I am confident in and meets my expectations. In the future I'll be adding new body inserts and neck inserts to handle other cartridges and the old die set will be up for sale soon. It should work well for someone shooting from a gas gun in .260 Remington.

I would be interested in a Warner Tool bullet seating die if they offered one as well.

10341654_10152744126411411_4016938257256092787_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, I bought my own 6x47L reamer and a Warner die made to my formed brass. Really is the best way to go especially if a guy has settled on a certain chambering. All the advantages of FL sizing and still being able to control amount of neck tension by using additional inserts.

One thing that I wasn't happy about is I bought a 20x47L reamer, built the rifle and it turned out Warner doesn't do the neck inserts smaller than 22 cal. So I had Whidden make me a full set for it. The tolerance fit on the brass isn't as tight as the Warner.

Wow, I really had to do a double take on your pic. Here is mine