• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WARNING - Refinancing your property? Avoid these morons AT ALL COSTS!

HiDesertELR

Ecc 12:13
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2019
Way ahead of you
Not going to rant, have done enough of that this morning already - three hours worth with their customer service department, their insurance department, Yelp, and the Better Business Bureau.

Do not, I repeat DO NOT use NewRez LLC for anything concerning your property lending requirements if you can at all help it - our previous lender went belly up, and our loan sold to these ass-clowns. They operate under Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing in several states, and are, in my opinion, and hundreds of others judging by the Yelp and BBB pages, the absolute WORST of the WORST mortgage lender I've ever had. The customer service is incompetent, the insurance department is fraudulent (they took out hazard insurance on our property because they said we never provided the appropriate docs - bullshit three times over) and is full of people that won't give out their last names, direct numbers, or email addresses (ya'know, SOP contact information)...

Shit, I gotta rant... or at least explain.

Rep told me we're paying $168 a month for hazard insurance because we didn't provide the proof of coverage necessary. False - it was uploaded through their website with the link they provided. I've always sent in the declaration cover page for the past twenty years, and it's always sufficed for this particular property. Then they tell me, well, we need to see proof of insurance for the "walls-in" and your belongings... I asked the obvious question - what does the insurance policy that you took out on the property and are charging us for actually cover? They told me "structure only"... I explained that the declaration I provided shows that the structure is covered, so remove the insurance you took out and issue a refund promptly please. They told me there's a new law for properties after 2009 that needs to show the inside is insured. I asked what's the name of this law, because I've never heard of it, you're the first to ask for this, and none of my other lenders have ever asked for this for these types of properties. Couldn't tell me the name of the law, and proceed to try and explain their logic again... So I asked again - if you need to see proof of insurance for the insides, why didn't you take out a policy that covers the insides? That's when it got humorous - they started yelling at me about "why I couldn't understand what they were telling me" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: To which I replied - because what you're telling me is nonsense! If you needed insurance on the property that we supposedly didn't provide, then why didn't you take out a policy that actually covered what you required? F*****g crickets... then told me they weren't staying on the phone to be spoken to like this 😆😆😆 Truth hurts, but stupid must hurt even more.

Anyway, it went on for a little while longer and I spoke with a supervisor, who's email signature had "team mentor" in it, so, not a team supervisor probably. Was assured like I had been the previous three times that the matter would be resolved in 24-48 hours. Not holding my breath, and contacting a new lender ASAP.

Yeah, NewRez LLC, avoid at all costs.

Rant over. Thank You Bear Pit Therapists.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about big companies stealing from the little man.
stay on top of it though.. mortgage company stole my parents house that way because they didn’t pay the insurance mortgage co provided. Took em 10 years but were able to take house besides bank receipts for every payment.
the foreclosure wasn’t even done in a courthouse..
5 years ago they gave a lawyer 5000 to fix but got screwed by him too.

Sorry to hear about big companies stealing from the little man.
stay on top of it though.. mortgage company stole my parents house that way because they didn’t pay the insurance mortgage co provided. Took em 10 years but were able to take house besides bank receipts for every payment.
the foreclosure wasn’t even done in a courthouse..
5 years ago they gave a lawyer 5000 to fix but got screwed by him too.
Yeah, we're paying it just to keep out of that kind of trouble... I filed with the BBB immediately, have taken extensive notes, and documented all phone calls.

Sorry to hear about your folks and their troubles, glad it all worked out, if you can call that headache working out.

They lost the house and money they gave to the lawyer so didn’t exactly work out. But I know what your trying to say.

• Angry
Reactions: HiDesertELR
They lost the house and money they gave to the lawyer so didn’t exactly work out. But I know what your trying to say.
Oh, dang... sorry, when I saw "they" I thought you meant your folks. That's the kind of shit that... nevermind, first rule of fight club ;)

They should make it illegal for someone to sell your loan and then change the loan terms on you or require things that were not required on the loan agreement.

But as usual, the banks tend to make the laws to enslave the less wealthy.
I’m pretty sure there is a law that the terms of a loan cannot change due to a change in ownership of the loan...

Its common practice for the company originating the loan to sell the into the secondary market and the escrow accounts going to a loan servicing company. It would be very unusual for the terms of a fixed rate mortgage changing. It is very common however for the new loan servicing company to recalculate the escrow amounts for taxes and insurance .

Reactions: Seed tick
I am :mad::mad::mad::mad: for you on this one.

I can't stand it when a company makes a mistake that costs you money, they blames you for it, refuses to help, and wastes hours of your time and causes additional frustration where it never needed to occur.

I remember the first home loan I ever had was sold like 4 times in 7 years. It seemed like each new company had a different way to calculate the escrow amount. I argued hours and hours with various people at one of the new loan companies and with the last losing loan company, someone lost about $1000 of my escrow account money in the transition and neither company would own up to. I spend more hours than I can count over about 3 months, never got anywhere. I could prove I paid money in and both companies said the other had the money.

I had given up, my only recourse would have been to hire someone to go after it and I figured I would lose the $1000 by paying someone, so I eventually just let it go. About a year later I get a check from one of the loan companies (forget which one now, been too many years) for my $1000 refund from the escrow account. Apparently they were audited and called out on my $1000 and had to send it back to me.

I know most people don't have options like this, but I am fucking glad I own my house 100% these days and don't have to worry about this shit anymore. unneeded insurance requirements, escrow accounts, loans being sold, dumb asses missing your tax payments and the endless array of horseshit they put you through for their own pleasure.

Another thing to do is to try to get your loan without any escrow account requirements at all.
Pay your own taxes and insurance directly.

Reactions: Seed tick