• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Was just offered ~3x what I paid for...

TheHorta

Nest-stirring pot-poker.
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 17, 2014
    NO AL
    ...a unique Wilson Combat I bought used/private sale in late 2018. Apparently it’s one of the elusive “Cave Guns” built originally for SF. Most were sold to the general public as overruns. A handful were bought by SFOD-D. The one I bought was a personal purchase by some dude apparently high-up on the detach-D food chain 10+ years ago. My gun looks new and probably has fewer than 100-200 rounds through it since new. The dude who sold it to the dude I bought it from tracked me down, confirmed my gun’s S/N, and just flatly offered me $10K, almost triple what I paid for it.

Dude sold it when funds were tight and now, a decade later, he’s flush with cash from his own .MIL contracting company and would like his gun back. Was very cool about it.

I’m not attached to the gun, and it’s definitely not worth what he’s offering outside of personal value to him. He just didn’t want to risk me declining. I told him $10K was too much and I felt a bit opportunistic taking advantage of his offer. He refused to give me less, so $10K it is.

I’m even more shocked, because these fairy tales never happen to me. I generally have pretty abysmal luck.

Pic of gun:
    7BAE41CB-FC7D-466D-BB87-A3BD84449AB7.jpeg

Last edited:
    If this was me. ....I could have bought it for $3000 and have to give someone $1000 to take it off my hands. I would lose money with a ice water stand in hell....

That’s basically me in a nutshell. My guide to investments would be named “How to Buy High and Sell Low... and other foolproof “losing-at-life” strategies.” :p

A Fleshlight!

Tell him no deal unless he gets you a NIW, not second hand, Fleshlight of your chosen skin tone.

Remember....Nice guys finish last.

Reactions: TheHorta
    I think I'd go ahead and sell, but I'd tell him that the price is $9K, otherwise the deal is off. I'd forego a grand just to be able to say (in the future, if need be) that I wouldn't gouge him by taking $10K.

that's a beautiful Wilson but 10k is hard to pass up expecially when he's insisting, score!!!
    pmclaine has a point^^^, bank wire only........

Received bank wire about 30 minutes ago. Dude is 100% legit. If I gave a name, he’s all over The Google. He’s also an FFL/SOT. He has a shiny, new KAC 7.62 QDC (non-CQB) can he’s giving me at cost. I needed one for my brandy-new SR-25 ACC I picked up last Friday. He’s Form-3’ing it now to my local FFL/SOT. $1100, shipping on him.

Ironic about Threadcutter’s $9K offer recommendation. That’s actually what “technically” happened — we’ll, kinda... He wired me $8900 and “gave” me the can. He was adamant about it being a $10K deal.

I don’t think $10K means much to him, but this gun sure as hell seems to.

well that was certainly a good deal in your favor , as long as you can now turn around and get another cheaper .

well that was certainly a good deal in your favor , as long as you can now turn around and get another cheaper .

I'm just not that into 1911's. I have a couple more -- a Les Baer and a NH GRP. They sit in a sealed box with desiccant packs. I just don't shoot them. I carry and shoot factory Agency Glocks with RMRs and lights/IR lasers (into Night Vision).

Reactions: acudaowner
    Hey USMC Raiders!

USMC M45A1 decommissioned here, NIB.

AIAX SA .308, Maverick 41 luggage, balance of $9100 in FGMM 175.

I live in a no can state so you get a break.

...a unique Wilson Combat I bought used/private sale in late 2018. Apparently it’s one of the elusive “Cave Guns” built originally for SF. Most were sold to the general public as overruns. A handful were bought by SFOD-D. The one I bought was a personal purchase by some dude apparently high-up on the detach-D food chain 10+ years ago. My gun looks new and probably has fewer than 100-200 rounds through it since new. The dude who sold it to the dude I bought it from tracked me down, confirmed my gun’s S/N, and just flatly offered me $10K, almost triple what I paid for it.

Dude sold it when funds were tight and now, a decade later, he’s flush with cash from his own .MIL contracting company and would like his gun back. Was very cool about it.

I’m not attached to the gun, and it’s definitely not worth what he’s offering outside of personal value to him. He just didn’t want to risk me declining. I told him $10K was too much and I felt a bit opportunistic taking advantage of his offer. He refused to give me less, so $10K it is.

I’m even more shocked, because these fairy tales never happen to me. I generally have pretty abysmal luck.

Pic of gun:
    View attachment 7347255

Go, go, go for it!!!!!

SPF.

The only happy ending to this story making worth retelling it is to sell the gun. Amazing story and a win win. Those don’t come around often.

Good to know someone has good luck out there!

Reactions: secm
    Too good to be true and a very classy move from you, Horta. I’d make sure I noted everything thats was said and done....could be useful in...another decade down the road.

Nice 10g, maybe a nice treat for your family :cool:

Pic of gun:
    View attachment 7347255
    I never believed those stories, till one time, it happened to me.
    I was delivering pizzas to a girls sorority on a local campus...

good on you for offering it to him for less.

back when i was a lowly E3 at Bragg, i was at a get together at my team leader’s house. ended up talking to a guy named Vic there that night. somewhere in the conversation i had with him, i was bitching about how we could never get the stuff we needed.

a week later, my team leader walks in and hands me a box. i ask him wtf? he shrugged and said “vic said to give it to you.’’ inside was a bunch of stuff that i had been bitching about not being able to get. turns out Vic was in supply for them. one of the nicest guys i ever met, i had NOTHING to offer him, he did it purely to help a young trooper out.

i see guys out there helping, teaching, guiding the next generation....and it mirrors my experience with Vic. anything good we can do for them, i’m all about it.

That’s awesome! Good for you. The good lord sends blessings and we have to be alert enough to accept them. I think this is one of those times.
    Can I barrow some money lol 😂

That’s basically me in a nutshell. My guide to investments would be named “How to Buy High and Sell Low... and other foolproof “losing-at-life” strategies.” :p
    I have a track record of buying stock Iin a company and bankrupting it. I threatened ExxonMobil one time that I would buy 1 share for their stock if gas prices didnt fall. After forwarding my portfolio.......gas dropped a $1 a gallon!

I have a track record of buying stock Iin a company and bankrupting it. I threatened ExxonMobil one time that I would buy 1 share for their stock if gas prices didnt fall. After forwarding my portfolio.......gas dropped a $1 a gallon!

I do have two brothers out there that I've never met from my dad's previous marriage. You wouldn't be about 55-56, would you? :p

Reactions: Lesch
    Well I am just a little older that that....maybe he was off on his estimate.....lol
    If it weren't for bad luck....I'd have no luck at all.