• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Was set on Bushnell 3200 5-15x50mm...

Krab

Private
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2012
Hey guys, new to this site and looking for my first scope for my milspec remington 700. I had my sights set on a Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15x50mm, but was informed this scope has been discontinued after placing the order for it. So, I'm looking for another scope with similar specs at around the same price. My goal is to shoot up to 600yds, if that helps. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Was set on Bushnell 3200 5-15x50mm...

I see that one has a 44mm objective lens. Anything with a 50mm?

They did you a favor by not having that scope unless it was the tactical model. I had a Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15x40 and while the glass was good and it did hold zero, the adjustments were horrible. It didn't track anywhere near accurately, nor was it anywhere near repeatable.

I've also used the Elite 3200 Tactical scopes and they were better, but they still weren't great in my opinion.

I'd look for a Vortex Viper PST, SWFA SS, or similar if it was me. If you want a SFP scope and want something on a budget, I'd look at the Burris 4.5-14x42 or 6.5-20x Tactical scopes.

Really? I've read good reviews from the Bushnell Elite scope. Either way, will a 44mm objective lens make a big difference as opposed to a 50mm?

44 vs 50 obj......only really going to make a difference in low light, such as dusk or dawn. And in budget scopes its more important to get better quality glass than larger size obj.I have that exact scope on a 17 rimfire, and I can say that it's VERY nice, no problems, just wish it was side focus. Try one of the Nikons for a similar scope.