• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

was this a good deal? need some opinions

shootindude

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2011
in the back country of Oregon
Ok so my fiance talked me into going to garage sales this morning with her. I was bummed but after a bit i got to one house that i had a good feeling about as it was out in the country and looked like a hunters place. well i purchased a box of goodies, heres the inventory on the box.

1) anti cant device
2) new millet bases
1) superior arms lower ar15
1) small pin jewel trigger for the lower
2) trigger guards for the lower
1) set of takedown pins laser etched
1) laser etched dust cover says (Bad Motherf&^%ker)

.30 cal bullets
150 GR - 50 nosler spitzer, 100 hornady interbond, 300 SMK

180 GR - 300 Hornady BTSP interlock, 100 Hornady SST, 100 Nosler Spitzer BT, 500 SMK

200 GR - 100 sierra gamekings, 50 Nosler accubond

208 GR - 100 hornady amax

.224 cal bullets
55GR Vmax - 200 count
50 GR V max - 100 count
53 GR Sierra matchkings - 200 count
55 GR nosler Spitzer BT - 200 count
some misc .270 noslers and a speer manual lol

I OFFERED HIM 250.00 AND HE ACCEPTED IT...... NOW WAS THAT A GOOD DEAL???
IMAG0294.jpg

Re: was this a good deal? need some opinions

superior arms lower ar15 $140 on their site
are the calibers on those bullets correct or typos?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pogey Bait</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
are the calibers on those bullets correct or typos?
</div></div>

They look right to me. I mean, they are right there on the boxes in the photo.
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootindude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I OFFERED HIM 250.00 AND HE ACCEPTED IT...... NOW WAS THAT A GOOD DEAL???
</div></div>

You should be charged with grand larceny.

A good deal is relative to your specific use. The lower and the trigger are the only big money items. I don't shoot any of the bullets listed so I wouldn't have bought any of them. The trigger is a good and the other stuff is not worth mentioning. So whether or not you got a good deal is going to be dependent on if you shoot/sell any of the bullets as those are the only things possibly offsetting a break even point. I'd say you broke even.

its hard for me to actually see the writing on those boxes tucker...guess its time for me to get glasses

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootindude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the only bullets i will not shoot are the 270s and i al;ready gave those to a friend lol. So everything is definitely going to be used. </div></div>

Well that's not bad then, I'd say you got the bullets for free which is a good $200 worth.

Wow, looks like a great deal to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootindude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the only bullets i will not shoot are the 270s and i al;ready gave those to a friend lol. So everything is definitely going to be used. </div></div>

Well that's not bad then, I'd say you got the bullets for free which is a good $200 worth. </div></div>

I want to know where you shop for bullets and get 1700 .30 (800 are smk) and 700 .224 for only $200. More like $600+ retail.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jr81452</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootindude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the only bullets i will not shoot are the 270s and i al;ready gave those to a friend lol. So everything is definitely going to be used. </div></div>

Well that's not bad then, I'd say you got the bullets for free which is a good $200 worth. </div></div>

I want to know where you shop for bullets and get 1700 .30 (800 are smk) and 700 .224 for only $200. More like $600+ retail. </div></div>

But if you notice, some of the boxes are open so I was saying ~$200 because it's 'used,' i.e. not retail.