• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Washington Summer steel shoot July 26th

creids98292

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2011
Stanwood, wa
Hey Everyone,
So here is my next match, July 26th, the location is going to be up on the top of Snoqualmie pass off of the Hyak exit. Starting time will be 0900 at the location or I will meet everyone at the bottom at 0800. My spot can be a pain to find :). The round count will be 80 and this will be a hunting primer style match. Shots will be under 1100yds and I will have around 6-8 stations and a pistol stage tied into a rifle stage. Cost will be $65 and this is a 1 day'er. I need around 20-25 people to run, and I know this is short notice. But this will be fun! The rules are same as always if you wanna pack a chair to shoot from go for it, but there will be walking involved and unless specified otherwise use what you pack.
Fort the rest of the detail text or email me at [email protected]
Their will be a bonus stage at the end, if guys wanna get wet. The weather can be hot or nasty up there so be prepared, the elevation is close to 5000 ft and we will be in a bowl.
I will be camping from friday morning till sunday morning if anyone else wants to stay. Please bring your own pistol, centerfire, and 12 rounds or I can supply for cost.
Please let me know if you need ammo/loner pistol.
Any other questions, just ask and I hope to see everyone up there!
Chris

Is there a specific place to sign up, or just post it here? If here... I'm in and so is my wife (Laurel.)

I will be working on setting the stages at the loc this weekend, I will have the final instructions by mid next week. There is plenty of room on the roster as well. I will have hunting style stages and 1 command fire stage. Again let me know if you need pistol ammo. They are my reloads so I can offer them cheap but you will be running a 1911. All the stages will be known distance and verifiable. We will be shooting from any position you can hit the target from. Some stages will require movement between targets and all stages will be timed. Each team will R/O themselves and I encourage coaching. We will have new shooters, let's get'em hooked!
Chris

Sounds good guys! Currently we are sitting at about 16-17 guys, which is fine but if you know any new shooters this will be a great match to start them out. Also don't forget your pistol!
Chris

The location is set and we are ready to shoot!! It will be warm, so be prepared. Most of the stages we will be able to drive back and forth to and from, so thats a bonus. The longest range so far is 940 yds, but we will be in canyons so have your wind ready.
See you all on sat the 26th!
Chris

The location is set and we are ready to shoot!! It will be warm, so be prepared. Most of the stages we will be able to drive back and forth to and from, so thats a bonus. The longest range so far is 940 yds, but we will be in canyons so have your wind ready.
See you all on sat the 26th!
Chris

Hi!

Pumped for the match! Any word on stage descriptions, or will we just be showing up with 80 rnds + 12 rnds pistol and going from there?

Also - any info on ground composition? Just curious if we're dealing with the fine volcanic ash like we get at Moses Lake?

Last edited:
No ash! That crap gets everywhere! We will be running on old road bed and shooting off whatever we can get a good rest off of :) All yardage will be approx until I get steel up.
The stages will be: The Spinner at roughly 200yds, a prone 875, a multi target at 600 770 and 940, Diamonds at "unkown", command fire at 600 and one other stage that I am undecided on. I pm'ed Marty, someone else wanna bug him?
See you all soon!

No ash! That crap gets everywhere! We will be running on old road bed and shooting off whatever we can get a good rest off of :) All yardage will be approx until I get steel up.
The stages will be: The Spinner at roughly 200yds, a prone 875, a multi target at 600 770 and 940, Diamonds at "unkown", command fire at 600 and one other stage that I am undecided on. I pm'ed Marty, someone else wanna bug him?
See you all soon!

That all sounds great! It'll be nice to stretch out past 530. I haven't been to any matches past that in over a year!

Yes come on up!
My posts here will count as the final notification for the match as my email is all jacked up and I am in process of trying to sort way too many emails... If anyone has any questions here is my #3609138607 and this sat at 0900 off of the Hyak/silver creek exit, east of the I-90 overpass is where we will be meeting. The round count will be 80 and you will need 12 rds of pistol. We will be in mountainous terrain, but on a old FS rd. I do have open room on the roster so if someone is thinking of showing up but not sure, come on up!
See you all in a few days and safe travels!
Chris

I think I'm in. Just shot my first match this weekend and I'm hooked. Never shot over 200 yards before that one, can we bring "watcher's?"

Sure

Chris always loves spectators (of adult age and manners) so since he is offline I will speak for him and say sure, bring them along. Some may even get the thrill of scoring. Make sure they have eyes and ears and water.

Chris, I'll be leaving Friday morning. Might need a little more directions once I get off at the exit? Thanks. Dan

Never mind. I went back and reread your other post. I'll find it.

Last edited:
I'll be doing a little spectating myself, if you need a spotting scope I can bring mine (razor HD). Also just let me know if you need help with setting up/cleaning up or helping out during the shoot.

Chris, I'll be leaving Friday morning. Might need a little more directions once I get off at the exit? Thanks. Dan

Never mind. I went back and reread your other post. I'll find it.

Hey old man... looks like Me and Jaeden will make this one. Good shooting at Jake's too! You and Mark both took me, came in just below you. Got my feeding issue resolved too. Load up that 1911 bud..... we have another pistol segment. :)

Brian K.

Reading through the posts, I see mention of the match being at 0900, so to meet at the exit at 0800. But then later I read something about meeting at 9? Can someone confirm meet time and match time? Thanks

We are meeting at 0900 at the bottom. I will have a quick safety brief, most everyone I've shot with or have been at my other shoots so I can keep it short. Then we will run 20 mins up the mtn and have a shotgun start. We still need spotting scopes, if you got'em and they will travel with you from station to station.
I will be up there on Fri so let me know if your coming up early and I will send you coordinates.
See you all soon!
Chris

We are meeting at 0900 at the bottom. I will have a quick safety brief, most everyone I've shot with or have been at my other shoots so I can keep it short. Then we will run 20 mins up the mtn and have a shotgun start. We still need spotting scopes, if you got'em and they will travel with you from station to station.
I will be up there on Fri so let me know if your coming up early and I will send you coordinates.
See you all soon!
Chris

Thanks for the clarification. I'll be sure to grab my spotting scope. See you saturday!

sent from my POS phone

Thanks Chris for setting this match up, i had an great time and thanks to Nick and all the seasoned shooter for all the helpful advise. i nailed that mover 4 times and am stoked about that.
Thanks again and good shooting with everyone.

Group shot.jpg
CRW_2233.jpgIMG_2234.jpg

And apparently my internal GPS failed and I was wrong... It is Mt. Rainier, lol

Amazing match Chris, thanks again for organizing this! Looking forward to monthly matches up there.

Man, Nick those are some good pix! Had a really good time! Thanks Chris & crew for putting on this match. Well worth the long drive. Was like a family reunion, getting to shoot with people that I hadn't seen for a while and getting to know shooters better that have been to other matches. Guys better watch out cause the ladies are holding their own and are tough competitors . Again, was nothing but fun and good times. Oh, and what would a shoot be without Marty! Good seeing you man. Nick, was great seeing you again. Thanks again Chris.
Dan

I would like to give chris and all others who helped put this on a big thank you! I had a great time and the location was beautiful. Chris, if you have a contact list of people for matches in the future, please add me to it. I would love to get back up there and shoot with you guys again. Thanks,

Spencer Munn
[email protected]

Thank you Chris, Nick and Bryan(hope thats spelled right) and the other spotters for a great shoot! Next time hopefully I'll have a smaller rifle built so I can shoot at all the targets. With that said, a special thanks to Chris for letting me pound his targets with those 300's. This is my second shoot and loving it. Great group of shooters, good times.

Here is the link to my photobucket, wknox204's Library | Photobucket
slideshow link: Library Slideshow by wknox204 | Photobucket
Let me know if it doesn't work for you. 54 pics total uploaded. I'll have a video link in a day or so after encoding and editing is done.

Brian K.

Last edited:
What a great time this past Saturday. I had the great pleasure again to be out shooting with a great bunch of people from the Northwest. It was great to see old friends, please do not be hesitant to come and shoot one of Chris's match's because they are fun.

Thanks everyone for coming out and playing! I had a great time and sounds like everyone else did as well. I can post scores if if you all like. Just let me know. Also don't forget the guys that helped me, Brent, Brian, Nick, Dan and Garret. And last but not least, our prize table/raffle sponsors, Gene Sears/Third Gen shooters, Benchmark Barrels, Sage Flats Shooter all these guys are awesome! If you can, it would be awesome to drop these guys a line and thank them for their donation. Thanks again to everyone that came up and played!
Chris

Thanks Chris, the guys at benchmark, the spotters and R.O.'s, and my team for making my first shoot an absolutely incredible experience (even with a slipped disk). I had plenty of time yesterday icing my back and doped up on pain meds to reflect on how much fun that was, the laundry list of things I can/need to improve on, and what a great group of people (and great shooters) I got to shoot with. I can definitely say that I will be participating in these as often as possible.
Chris, you guys got a great thing going. A testament to the character of all those at Benchmark, you guys not only built me an absolutely awesome rifle, but hosted and invited me to one of your shoots. So thank you, I truly appreciate it.

A couple of pics and a link to those and others on Photobucket (with full resolution):
7-26-14 Benchmark Steel Shoot Photos by Svendogg | Photobucket

Thank you so much for putting on the match! What a great place to go out and shoot. Unfortunate the number of pistol stages that have been showing up in matched lately though!!!!

Below are my photos. If anyone wants me to take down a picture of them, I am happy to. Otherwise, if you want to use the photos for anything, feel free.

IMG_20140726_093040.jpg

IMG_20140726_115626.jpg

IMG_20140726_115807.jpg

IMG_20140726_123801.jpg

IMG_20140726_125027.jpg

IMG_20140726_130648.jpg

IMG_20140726_130841.jpg

IMG_20140726_163238.jpg

IMG_20140726_175716.jpg

IMG_20140726_183115.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20140726_093040.jpg
    IMG_20140726_093040.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20140726_163238.jpg
    IMG_20140726_163238.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 15
Thanks everyone for coming out and playing! I had a great time and sounds like everyone else did as well. I can post scores if if you all like. Just let me know. Also don't forget the guys that helped me, Brent, Brian, Nick, Dan and Garret. And last but not least, our prize table/raffle sponsors, Gene Sears/Third Gen shooters, Benchmark Barrels, Sage Flats Shooter all these guys are awesome! If you can, it would be awesome to drop these guys a line and thank them for their donation. Thanks again to everyone that came up and played!
Chris
Hey Chris
Thanks to you and everyone that helped make this happen., For my first competion (ever) man what a great time and a fun shoot.
I learned so much in such a short time I think I still have brain cramps. Everyone(staff, shooters, spectators) there were very helpful
and patient with all the new guy questions and my clumsiness moving through the stages.
So now I'm gonna need some help with the toughest part of all ? Convincing my wife that I need to build a new rifle and upgraded glass!!!
Thanks again to all
Bruce R

Last edited:
Hey Chris, awesome shoot. Pistol stage was a nice change-up and added a challenge. Well done!!!

Did you bring in extra ants just for the shoot?

bb