• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

water canteen that you can boil in.

You should be able to find a GI Cup stove at your local surplus store, then get a new insert and a side pack.

GrillTop_Stove_Stand_with_Cups.ForSite.jpg

There are also the East German version with a small cup. This is the type I carry when hunting.

dsc0265.jpg

You can boil water in about anything, however I would recommend not using your storage / transportation device. For one the likely hood of damage to it goes up and this can be a bad thing in the wrong situations. Second a quality stainless or Ti cup comes in very handy to have, use that. And third a filtration system with a chemical treatment as a back up plan is IMO a better way of doing things. You can filter on the move and in situations when fire is not desirable.

You can boil water in paper cups (I've done it). You just want to try and stay away from boiling in plastics or anything with insulative properties or anything that can release poisons. Plastic sometimes works but you have to be cautious and I'd only use it as a last resort. I always heard you weren't supposed to boil in the old army metal canteens, but I don't know why (other than they make everything taste like metal). Those canteen cups aren't bad though.

I would like to thank you all, for your support. I will be buying one of the Canteen with the para cord. I appreciate it very much.

Canteen shop has good stuff you won't be disappointed at all for a traditional looking canteen. For a water bottle looking container try the Kleen Canteens. They are SS steel as well.

The old military metal canteens could be used for boiling. The caps were bakelite and did not melt.

BUT, the issue was, how you pick up a boiling hot metal canteen?

The old military metal canteens could be used for boiling. The caps were bakelite and did not melt.

BUT, the issue was, how you pick up a boiling hot metal canteen?
With the brass chain that attached the cap to the canteen. We made lots of coffee in a canteen cup with a clean GI sock, (used a dirty one for 90day wonders if they were assholes) Never understatement the ability of a GI to adapt and over come. Boiled water in a steel pot w/ C-4, and anything handy(depending smoke, A/O, ect) for rice and care package stuff also.