• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors wather P22 or berretta U22

lovetsx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2009
kentucky
I got cash to burn and want a new toy. Which would you chose walther P22 or Beretta U22?

Thanks

Re: wather P22 or berretta U22

i looked at both and the sig, shot them and the choice was between the p22 and the sig hands down, went with the p22 because it had less ftf with all kinds of ammo. also like the fact that it has the same controls as most fullsize autos.

I have a P22 and I love it,my only FTF issues were with magazine problem that Walther recalled and replaced.

Between your choices, P22.

...but another vote for the Ruger MKII, III, etc.

Sig.

sig222.jpg

I have a beretta 87T and it shoots smooth as silk! If you want to go retro I have a HI Standard H-D military. Old HI Standard hd Militard guns are made really well and the u.s. military used them for training.

22lr004.jpg

Another vote for the ruger M3! I love the look and feel of the walther, but when it comes to shooting the ruger is the shiznit!

From your choices the Walther, but a Buckmark HB outshoots the Walther P22, Ruger Mk II & III at our house. No small sigs here. But after seeing ohiogunnut's rig, I think I will look into one.

I personally like the way the p22 and the ruger mkiii shoot. I have all 3 (p22, mosquito, and ruger mkiii target <--- haven't shot this actual gun yet but I have shot a few different mkiii’s before) but the p22 and the ruger mkiii (the few I shot) feel the best and have less issues imo. The Ruger is a much heavier gun so the recoil is less…but come on it’s a .22, recoil really isn’t that big of a deal

Unfortunately, the sig mosquito is the first gun I have ever regretted buying (But I still have it hoping that one day it will function better!)…now I’m not saying all sig mosquitos are bad, but I’ve had a HORRIBLE experience with mine
eek.gif

Two things I would suggest if you do go with the sig:

1. Buy CCI ammo or something equivalent
2. Be cautious about not letting your thumb hit the slide lock, it seems to be SUPER sensitive and will cause miss feeds/jamming

Good luck!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JasonB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Though the P22 felt cheap in my hand compared to a ruger - there's something to be said about the "wow factor" in a P22 with a bridge mounted red dot, and a 20db dry can.

DROOOOOL.

http://www.pishtov.com/Walther/W-P22_Blatt.pdf </div></div>

so how do those suppressors stack up to a AAC Pilot? I love my little Walther and shooting it with the can on is always a treat that makes me giggle like a little kid. I use to have one of SIG's skeeters,. selling it for a Walther was the best choice I ever made.

We have found that the P22 barrel is short enough that full power shells won't go supersonic, so with a can, they are real quite.
It sound just like a rifle with subsonic ammo. The buckmark barrel will go supersonic and give you that crack with a can.