• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WC867 WC872 powders any good? (New not reclaimed)

buckskin52

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2009
western PA
Any downfall to using this powder in a 50 bmg. I am not using it for match loads, Just M8 API's. I weigh the bullets and put them in lots. I plan to keep the loads under 2 MOA which I believe I can with a little bit more tweeking with H50bmg (almost there). At $70 per 8 pounds it is hard to pass up. But if you don't hit what you are shooting at, I guess it isn't worth it.

Re: WC867 WC872 powders any good? (New not reclaimed)

No.

I keep pricing stuff out to get into .50 BMG, but have not done so yet. But I don't recall seeing a price that low for non-pull down powder, (or even pulldown).

Sorry that I can't be of any help.

Re: WC867 WC872 powders any good? (New not reclaimed)

I've loaded/shot some rounds with 872,but no expierence with 867.It's a 20mm powder and is said to have the same burn rate as AA8700.I loaded AP/ball up to 230 grns,with no real pressure signs.As usual,you should start with 220 grns and work your way up.It gave me decent accuracy and is a great powder to use for tree clearing.It's dirty and works better with heavier projos.Your going to have to clean your rifle more,but it'll give you that 50 grin for less $$$.
Good luck,
STEVE