• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

we got us some bears in FL

"leaving at one point and then coming back,“ she said. ”He has totally destroyed two other birdfeeders, so I wasn’t super happy to see him knocking those over again.”

Dunce cap for you honey........... :rolleyes:

You really didn't put any thought into it, did you ?
The big problem here Webby, is the damn tree huggers.

We keep knocking down all the woods and they got nowhere to go.

And they won’t let us open a season on em to knock back the population.

We had a very successful season, and they wanted a round two. All the fruit loops lost it and they caved to the pressure.

There’s a range complex in the Ocala NF we had to sleep with one in the chamber they are so bad/so brazen/used to getting food off people.

not denying it,but,really weird. my parents lived in old carrollwood from 60-99. me til about 68. never saw anything but peacocks from an old farm about 1 mi from their house. that was gone by 63 or so. went thru there,the whole length of gunn hgwy. the development was mind blowing as was the traffic. same in naples pic i tried to show in a built up condo area. how are bears and ?panthers showing up in places never seen before orlando,winter park etc? maybe like said. so much land cleared that they are pushed out into public?
range "complex" close to ocala? didn't know that. only know of public range out 40. shot there for about 6yr. hear lately that it's a place you don't want to without some friends as backup.

not denying it,but,really weird. my parents lived in old carrollwood from 60-99. me til about 68. never saw anything but peacocks from an old farm about 1 mi from their house. that was gone by 63 or so. went thru there,the whole length of gunn hgwy. the development was mind blowing as was the traffic. same in naples pic i tried to show in a built up condo area. how are bears and ?panthers showing up in places never seen before orlando,winter park etc? maybe like said. so much land cleared that they are pushed out into public?
range "complex" close to ocala? didn't know that. only know of public range out 40. shot there for about 6yr. hear lately that it's a place you don't want to without some friends as backup.
Gunn highway north of erhlich and south of 54 is still rural. Not for long, but still rural, that's where I live.
I'm directly east of the wildlife corridor also, brooker creek and the massive power lines running into oldsmar.
My friend saw the bear on south mobley rd at ed radice park at 0430 going to work. It was crossing the road going south

Reactions: lash
Why didn't she answer the door?

I saw a Florida Panther when I was 16 while riding my ATC in the woods here in South Florida. I didn't think at the time they came this far South in the State (Palm Beach County), but apparently they do, or did. It's all built up now.:(

Pretty common in NWFL. We occasionally had to call a ceasefire while one would amble across the range.

seen turkeys and deer;ocala,gainesville and lake city do that but never saw a bear or panther in the wild

I’ve seen a couple panther and any number of bear over 40+ years in central Florida. I used to think all panther in Florida were the sandy color, but then was told of a sighting of a black panther near Naples. At first I called bullshit, but then researched it some.

They do exist in South Florida and used to be more common. At one point they were thought to be gone from US soil, but are now coming back.

I’ve seen a couple panther and any number of bear over 40+ years in central Florida. I used to think all panther in Florida were the sandy color, but then was told of a sighting of a black panther near Naples. At first I called bullshit, but then researched it some.

They do exist in South Florida and used to be more common. At one point they were thought to be gone from US soil, but are now coming back.

Holy shit.

(Insert black panther story here)

Just a matter of time.
So there I was, facing down the black bear with nothing but my skinning knife and a wooden toothpick. Suddenly a black shiny flash of fur comes roaring by and drove off that bear.

So there I was, suddenly facing down a black panther with nothing but my knife, my toothpick and a bunch of shit running down my leg…

Melanistic cougars, eastern cougars, Florida cougars, do not exist, and have never existed. Never one shred of evidence that a cougar can be melanistic.
Jaguars can be melanistic...but jaguars north of the southern border with Mexico are EXTREMELY rare.
I've lived for 55 years, and every story of an Eastern panther I've ever heard, and that number is in the hundreds now, was a black panther.
Its usually someone's uncle or cousin Billy Ray Jim Bob who saw him and he was terrified cause it sounded like a woman screaming and a baby crying. It does sound terrifying. 99.9% of the time they heard a bobcat.

Switch to telling Bigfoot stories. They are more believable and better documented than melanistic cougars.
If there is a black panther in Florida, its an escaped jaguar.

Melanistic cougars, eastern cougars, Florida cougars, do not exist, and have never existed. Never one shred of evidence that a cougar can be melanistic.
Jaguars can be melanistic...but jaguars north of the southern border with Mexico are EXTREMELY rare.
I've lived for 55 years, and every story of an Eastern panther I've ever heard, and that number is in the hundreds now, was a black panther.
Its usually someone's uncle or cousin Billy Ray Jim Bob who saw him and he was terrified cause it sounded like a woman screaming and a baby crying. It does sound terrifying. 99.9% of the time they heard a bobcat.

Switch to telling Bigfoot stories. They are more believable and better documented than melanistic cougars.
If there is a black panther in Florida, its an escaped jaguar.
You are correct in that there is no actual black panther in Florida, but there have been a number of sightings of black cats, jaguars in SW Florida. Of course they are always referred to as black panthers.

Hey, did you know that reloaders don’t actually ever anneal their brass? 😁

So there I was, facing down the black bear with nothing but my skinning knife and a wooden toothpick. Suddenly a black shiny flash of fur comes roaring by and drove off that bear.

So there I was, suddenly facing down a black panther with nothing but my knife, my toothpick and a bunch of shit running down my leg…
True story

My dad tried to face down a black bear

He threw rocks at it and it looked at him like “this mofo”

When my brother came running up and put a couple rounds at it with his 9mm did it decide it was time to scurry off

True story

My dad tried to face down a black bear

He threw rocks at it and it looked at him like “this mofo”

When my brother came running up and put a couple rounds at it with his 9mm did it decide it was time to scurry off
It scurried off with a blown out lung ?

Skeptical Cat.gif

I've caught some wild cats(South GA).. maybe in the right lighting it could be mistook for a baby cougar?
I certainly wouldn't wanna try to manhandle one bare-handed regardless.. even at ~10-15 lbs soaking wet I have no doubt that SOB could royally fuck yr day up.

Attachments

• wildcat1.jpg
    wildcat1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Big, macho Texas ain't got shit as far as bears. Or lions either.

Gangbangers are more likely to run over a mountain lion or a bear cruising around L.A. in their low-rider than seeing either one in even the most remote areas in Texas.

Gulf County in the Pan Handle is loaded with black bears. Two years ago the county make everyone put hasp locks on their trash cans because they would just parallel the beach hitting every house. We haven't gotten hit since the hasps, but I also built an enclosure for the trashcans.

The BBQ joint down the street kept some imperishable items (like gallons of BBQ sauce) in an outdoor shed, and a bear tore down the wall to get in and destroyed everything. It looked like a cartel murder scene with BBQ sauce all over the parking lot.