• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

We lost one this week fellas..............

deadasslast2004

Private
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2004
Yesterday my son in law went to pick up his friend's body to send it home to Michigan. This young man died in a "shootout" is what they are saying in Afghanistan. I guess tis was the closest I have been since my son in law married my daughter last summer and I am in kind of a shock that it is this close and there is nothing I can do to make Jacob feel better or anything or even have a family member there to talk to. This young soldier, 23 years old that was killed was from Michigan and he and Jacob were on their second tour thru there together. He went under the fence for a 2 day trip and ...............his life ended. Sgt Beachnaw was recognized as the best shooter in his campany and I think you will see that from the poic below of his equipment. God keep our snipers and our medics safe that they might be able to protect and heal our men.

I wanted to send him some kind of email but I have no idea what to say or if it will matter. These soldiers today think they are bullet proof and somehow I guess they have to but Jacob seems to be doing ok with this pain. I know he is a Christian but all of this death and suffering he has seen in his tours is making him question God and how he can let this happen to good people. I am sorry if I am boring you guys but I cannot talk to my daughter or wife about this as they are worried 24/7 already because Jacob has 11 more months. His wife which is our daughter is pregnant with their first child and staying with us so she has family support while he is gone.

I hate to say it guys but I look out the window and wonder when the gray 4 door sedan with uniformed guys will pull in front of the house................

God Speed to Sgt Lucas Beachnaw and I am saying prayers for him and his entire family.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=46701966

To my son in law Sgt Jacob Roberts, I will pray for you and keep your wife safe and secure until you come home soldier. Keep your head on straight, your rifle clean and you and the 503 Infantry , 173rd Airborne come home safe and all together. Remember there are NO atheist in the foxhole !

men tonight or tomorrow take 60 seconds and say a prayer for all of our troops. If you are someone with a loved one in our armed services please let me know their name so I can say a personal prayer for your loved one! It is the least I can do for them.

Thanks for listening to my one sided conversation.
Rodney

JacobinAfghanistan.jpg

Re: We lost one this week fellas..............

Sorry to hear it got that close to you.
These stories need to be told and allways remembered.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadasslast2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I know he is a Christian but all of this death and suffering he has seen in his tours is making him question God and how he can let this happen to good people.

God Speed to Sgt Lucas Beachnaw and I am saying prayers for him and his entire family.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=46701966

Men tonight or tomorrow take 60 seconds and say a prayer for all of our troops. If you are someone with a loved one in our armed services please let me know their name so I can say a personal prayer for your loved one! It is the least I can do for them.

Thanks for listening to my one sided conversation.
Rodney

JacobinAfghanistan.jpg
</div></div>

FWIW,
I am not a very religious person, however, I remember someone saying this one time. When someone is killed or dies unexpectedly, God is not to blame. Satan is the one who has put evil in this world, and it is Satan who is responsible for these tragedies. When God first made man, all was well, no sin, no lies, no heartache...man took it upon himself to sin, to lie, and cause his own heartache, as a direct result of conversating with the devil.
It may not be much, but if you SIL's religion is important and you find him questioning his faith and or God, maybe this can help. It did for me at the time.
I am sorry for the tragic news and hope you and your family come through this.....

I have a friend who's son is in Iraq. I pray for all of them. Usually more than once a day.

*choke* Sorry for your loss! My Best friend that I grew up with deploys out of Camp Pendelton to Afghan in April. Hope your SIL comes home safe, god bless them all.

You can't look at pictures like that and not tear-up. Wars are tough on the warrior class and this generation has stepped up to the plate; more then once. We will look back on this generation with awe; but, it was such a small percentage that truly got involved so the adulation is only meant for a few.

A prayer for the fallen and a prayer for the living in your daily thoughts.

Rodney: Thanks for sharing this... We can get so complacent with our lives, our jobs, our bills, our pains,our troubles,our relationships......But just think for a second that someone is giving the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms. To keep the wolves from our doors. To keep our buildings from becoming a place of death.... I am sorry for your sons loss as well as the pain and anguish that you all are going thru... I will pray that God will comfort and ease the hurt.. Tell your son to not give up on his faith in God. He won't leave your son since he names the name of Christ. To walk with God is to not be alone...Ever.. Instead, encourage him to seek God with all of his heart.. He will receive peace......even though it feels like a storm..I don't have great wisdom....But I do know the Lord and know Him well because of His grace (undeserved favor)
And pray I will.........SmokeRolls

Thanks for all the kind words, phrases and more especially the prayers. We are finding peace and Jacob is going on. I pray now for ALL of our service people, their families and loved oness and that they too will know this peace.

To the ones who now lay resting and sleeping in places like Arlington........ I hope one day to shake your hand and say thanks to you also.

Rodney

Thanks for sharing this with all....I read it and was touched by it as well and had to choke the tears back as I read it to my wife who also felt the same.....So easily we all take for granted the true cost of "Freedom" and what so many of "Our" young men and woman give daily so some can complete their day-to-day lives!!

Those lost...are Never forgotten! God Bless.

Ward

Sorry For Your Loss, and My Prayers go out to All who Felt the Sting of this. May GOD rest his soul, and bring Peace to Everyone involved.

God bless his friends and family. May memories of his laughter and smile give them comfort in this time of deepest sorrow.

He will be added to my prayers!!

Very Respectfully,
Renegade 6