• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

We need your financial records.

Mike Casselton

Team Beer and Donuts.
Minuteman
  • Nov 25, 2007
    Lithia, FL
    So you volunteer and he wants disclosure of anything worth over a grand?

Sounds like a Democrat move to me. Pretty sure I'd resign as well.
    Until you realize that most of the people in those seats are business owners or have family members that own business and make rules to enhance their portfolio. Or approve contracts, road projects and zoning in their favor.

This should be standard for those working in public office. Would be nice if it was applied to those on Capitol Hill.

It’s an absolute requirement if you want a TS-SCI security clearance, as a result of Hanssen.

Last edited:

Until you realize that most of the people in those seats are business owners or have family members that own business and make rules to enhance their portfolio. Or approve contracts, road projects and zoning in their favor.

Ask the people of Granby, CO.

There should already be ethics laws on the books to prevent that sort of crap. "Volunteers" shouldn't be making those sorts of decisions regardless. Isn't that why people elect city councils, mayors, city managers etc.....??

Maybe its different in FL and if so, I understand, but having volunteers make policy decisions seems retarded.

I hope you aren't saying business owners can't possibly be ethical.

It’s for elected officials. Try reading comprehension 101. 😉

Never followed local politics very closely? Ever wonder why things happen like they do in your town? Ever attend city or county council meetings and pay attention?

There are you answers.

There should already be ethics laws on the books to prevent that sort of crap. "Volunteers" shouldn't be making those sorts of decisions regardless. Isn't that why people elect city councils, mayors, city managers etc.....??

Maybe its different in FL and if so, I understand, but having volunteers make policy decisions seems retarded.

My city elects council members, who then hire a city manager. However the city manager is the only paid position. Elected council members are unpaid, so I suppose that's volunteering. Planning commission, beer board, etc are all volunteers.

Reactions: Bender

Never followed local politics very closely? Ever wonder why things happen like they do in your town? Ever attend city or county council meetings and pay attention?

There are you answers.
    How bout YOU try some reading comprehension.

"It’s just a complete invasion of privacy. For what we do in these small towns, we are volunteers; we’re not career politicians

They are elected. That’s who the law affects. Sure, they volunteered to run, but that makes them no different. I’m not exactly how an elected council member considered themselves volunteers.

It’s a semantics thing being used to garner sympathy.

I’ve watched to many of these “volunteers” collect all kinds of wealth and gifts that their otherwise meager or non-existent incomes obviously don’t cover.

Sure, there are truly honest people that are trying to accomplish good things with no intent to garner personal wealth, but they are certainly in the minority.

There are you answers.
    No kidding.

Here, in Kansas City one of the companies that has a good grip on things is JE Dunn, a big construction player.

A few years ago it was decided we really needed a new airport. Never mind it was very fast to get into and out of, that was never the problem, they wanted a shopping center, and that new airport was going to put a great deal of money in Dunn's back pocket. Only issue was just enough people in the city did not like their design so it went to an out of state contractor and they built the airport.

Fast forward a few years, and we now need a new Base Ball stadium.....downtown no less. Guess who is going to land that one. Oh and the Chef's (I know) want one too. Never mind that the existing stadium is just fine, and re modeled a few years ago, they want new. Currently the Chefs are drawing, but with the way they have been playing lately oddly enough tickets can still be had for the upcoming game. The royals are likely to draw about what your local high school will draw, and that too is part of the plan. Hard to move a base ball team, easy to move football. Get the team bad enough and it will be the Los Vegas Royals before long. Everyone knows it new stadium or not.

I am happy not to live in one of the "greater kansas city" counties. I miss out on all the BS of getting the other counties to chuck in money for this or that KC project. It even includes across the state line, but that is getting to be a hard sell even with the commie in Topeka.

It is all so very bent.

This is an absolute stupid idiotic law that was past to make a bunch of stupid "righteous" people feel good about themselves.
    So you are elected to a position that pays you ... wait for it... Nothing... To try to help your community.
    Then some stupid state bastards now say you have to go around listing every single stupid thing you own and all your assets for any and everybody to go see?

FUCK THAT!

ALL this is going to do is drive away anyone intelligent, resourceful and decent from wanting to do that.

You want to blather on about how great it is.

Okay how about you are forced to go list every gun you have and every accessory you have for your guns in public for all the world to see along with all your wife's jewelry and shoes and clothes and your kids possessions and all that B.S.

Just so you can have a job that pays you nothing.

STUPID idiot politicians

Let's see that stupid DeSantis idiot have to do the same right now for his entire family and post it to everyone in the world.

This is an absolute stupid idiotic law that was past to make a bunch of stupid "righteous" people feel good about themselves.
    So you are elected to a position that pays you ... wait for it... Nothing... To try to help your community.
    Then some stupid state bastards now say you have to go around listing every single stupid thing you own and all your assets for any and everybody to go see?

FUCK THAT!

ALL this is going to do is drive away anyone intelligent, resourceful and decent from wanting to do that.

Okay how about you are forced to go list every gun you have and every accessory you have for your guns in public for all the world to see along with all your wife's jewelry and shoes and clothes and your kids possessions and all that B.S.

STUPID idiot politicians

Let's see that stupid DeSantis idiot have to do the same right now for his entire family and post it to everyone in the world.
    First of all, the majority of those “unpaid” positions are not. Only perhaps the smallest of town actually do not pay these council members. In addition, the graft and political favoritism is rampant everywhere. If you think otherwise then perhaps actually wake up.

You still believe in fairy tales and Santa Clause too?

You still believe in fairy tales and Santa Clause too?

No, I'm just sick and tired of the "good people" being so stupid as to repeatedly gleefully forge chains for others that are then used to bind and enslave the good folks and ensure the continued takeover of evil.

But hey, how about you volunteer to list everything you own and all your stuff and all where your assets are for the whole world to see and let me know if nothing bad ever happens.

Reactions: Bender
    No, I'm just sick and tired of the "good people" being so stupid as to repeatedly gleefully forge chains for others that are then used to bind and enslave the good folks and ensure the continued takeover of evil.

But hey, how about you volunteer to list everything you own and all your stuff and all where your assets are for the whole world to see and let me know if nothing bad ever happens.

Only issue is there are very few "good folks" in politics.

There are already laws in place IMHO to cover this, issue is if they are enforced. One only needs to look at Biden for a perfect example of the problem.

The "new" law is an attempt to make the masses feel like something is being done, it is not. Nothing will happen, they might find an example but in general nothing will change.

A total flush and refill is what is needed.

People hate hearing about politicians becoming millionaires while in public service. “How does that happen? They’re corrupt! They’re a protected class! They’re stealing our tax dollars!” Then they argue against financial disclosures being required of politicians……. Brilliance.

People hate hearing about politicians becoming millionaires while in public service. “How does that happen? They’re corrupt! They’re a protected class! They’re stealing our tax dollars!” Then they argue against financial disclosures being required of politicians……. Brilliance.

I will give them some doubt, they may not steal my tax dollars, but they sure as hell are getting rich by buying stock at just the right time, and unloading it at just the right time.

Of that there is ZERO doubt.

Every single one of them comes out MUCH more wealthy then when they went in.

I understand, but having volunteers make policy decisions seems retarded.
    My professional life has landed me in the position sometimes of watching local government officials make "decisions" on some pretty complex issues that they are relatively clueless about. I have watched school boards and city/county commissioners take actions on numerous items that took months if not years of work to put together. More often than not, 99% of the time they take a recommendation from a bureaucrat (School Admin or City/County Staff) and move on. It's painful to watch some really impactful decisions get made by folks who are probably the least informed in the room taking advice from people who have an agenda. Really, the elected officials are just puppets of the bureaucrats, who have become really good at disseminating information in a way that benefits them.
    All the time. See above. I think this is just a microchosm of what happens at the state and federal level, it's just the scale gets bigger as you move up in general government size. Then when you start to factor in how some of our Senators and Congressman who walked into government basically broke and become millionaires on a 150k-200k a year salary very quickly and shit just doesn't add up.

"volunteer" , sure.

That reminds me of when politicians claim they "inherited" a certain problem.
    Grandma died and I inherited he '86 Oldsmobile.
    YOU spent over $900,000,000 to get the job, you BOUGHT that problem.

Reactions: lash
    More silly laws on the books isn't the answer. Especially when this sort of corruption is already illegal and the laws simply go unenforced.

Look no further than the corrupt Usurper installed into the white-house and his POS son if you want a glaring example.

How's that XiDen impeachment coming along Republicrats?

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    When all is said and done all we really want is a shooting range south of bartow to open as quickly as it can get opened up

Im not running as a "public servant"

I’m sure it’s just a few bad apples in politics…

Public servant. Meaning you serve the public.

The public is not your slop trough. If service is your goal it comes with sacrifice. One of those sacrifices is that the public you serve needs to be able to differentiate between those who are serving and those who are stealing.

How that happens… well if there were a free press, they’d be separating the sheep from the goats. But there is not.

So you get more stupid laws. That aren’t stupid if your volunteer city planner is also a contractor who… plans himself a development on your farm… and then taxes you off it because subdivision land is now 500x more valuable per acre than dairy grazing land.

Yeah… volunteers. They are all there for your benefit. But, again, just a few bad apples as everyone here likes to say.

Sirhr

These videos are about a gentlemen who is located in Pennsylvania. He has some property which he shoots on and make YouTube videos. The YouTube channel is duelist1954.

The township zoning commission is attempting to shut him down. He's had this property and been shooting on it for about eight years. His adjoining neighbors also shoot on their property but haven't been told to stop!

All three of these videos explain what is happening. What is not being said is what is going on behind the scenes. My guess is that someone wants to buy his property and get it at a low price.

The case is still not over but at least he has a temporary injunction against the zoning commision. BTW, there are three members on the zoning commission. In a vote of 2 to 1, they decided to shut down his shooting activities. Let that sink in. Just two people have decided to shut him down.

Talk about the amount of power they wield. It would be interesting to see what sort of relationships they have in that community and what financial connections exist with the two tyrants on the commission.

That reminds of a place where I use to live where the corruption was a way of life. Everyone was related and if you weren't born there and could trace your roots back to the settlers that founded the town then you were a POS. Everyone's family tree looked like a baseball bat.

All three videos are very informative but if you want to cut to the chase, watch the third video with the latest update.

Everybody in any politics, should have a monthly audit of their finances....... period. If you don't want that scrutiny, then don't get into politics.

Doc

If you were to get your way, you would never have another decent normal person in office and you would be ruled by tyrannical ideological zealots who care only about power and control, or the puppets that others front.

Would you like the IRS coming and doing an audit on you every month?
    If not, don't wish that on others just because it makes you feel so superior.

When you make it to painful, difficult, intrusive and annoying for a good normal decent person to want to get into politics at any level, you will be ruled by the evil that you begged for by forging your own chains.

Some folks seem to never have read the Marxist takeover plan of make your enemies make all these "good" cumbersome rules and then use those same rules to destroy your enemy and take over.

But hey history says nobody ever learns so...

If you were to get your way, you would never have another decent normal person in office and you would be ruled by tyrannical ideological zealots who care only about power and control, or the puppets that others front.

Would you like the IRS coming and doing an audit on you every month?
    If not, don't wish that on others just because it makes you feel so superior.

When you make it to painful, difficult, intrusive and annoying for a good normal decent person to want to get into politics at any level, you will be ruled by the evil that you begged for by forging your own chains.

Some folks seem to never have read the Marxist takeover plan of make your enemies make all these "good" cumbersome rules and then use those same rules to destroy your enemy and take over.

But hey history says nobody ever learns so...
    So by your reasoning, you want the corruption to continue.....show me another way of stopping the money flowing of hands.

I'm already audited by the IRS, Everytime I'm paid or file my taxes. How many current politicians at just on the federal level owe back taxes or haven't paid taxes are still free and walking around. I would be sitting in jail if I did that.

Here's a tip, the IRS has already been weaponized for a long time now.

And yeah, the current laws we have have kept people honest ......

Public service should be a bit painful, they are supposed to work for us. So yeah, if a politician says he is gonna do something, but is found to be taking money from the other side, then yes we as voters should know about it....period.

Doc

Edited

Last edited:
    Reactions: Alphatreedog

Tell us you know fuck all about public sector work without telling us you know fuck all about it.

My city elects council members, who then hire a city manager. However the city manager is the only paid position. Elected council members are unpaid, so I suppose that's volunteering. Planning commission, beer board, etc are all volunteers.
    And I am sure they are all vollentering their precious time out of their sense of civic duty and pride in helping their fellow citizens...........

Reactions: lash and Doc68

FUCK THAT!

STUPID idiot politicians

It must be nice living in lala land of unicorns and hugs.