• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors We will be able to test recoil soon

I'm very excited about this! I'm a diehard suppressor user, and I've always wanted somebody to test suppressors effect on recoil. I shoot competitions quite a bit, and thats a time where I'd put recoil reduction ahead of sound reduction. Keep us posted!

This should be very very interesting. Cans change the recoil impulse so dramatically , will be interesting how true test results on recoil fan out.

See if you can get a Leviathon suppressor since they always claimed theirs were best for sound/recoil. Then again their paying customers can't get a suppressor from them so it may be difficult for you.

I get way too excited over testing.

I couldnt give a single shit about someones marketing lingo but give me some proven numbers and I'll have wayyyyy less anxiety over dropping hundreds/thousands of dollars. Way too much smooth talking in this industry lately.

Not directed at TBAC...just in general.

I'm sure I get get Frank to come up and test for a day. I believe he has one.

Definitely curious of documented results

Having the accelerometer is a nice touch as it lets you test the actual spike or initial rise/time of a recoil pulse which often a big component of "felt recoil".

As opposed to the often used sled distance method which measures only total recoil number.

Reactions: ddavis and ZY100
Other concept would be a load cell between butt and fixed object.

I’m curious if my Omega anchor brake actually does anything

Anyone tried the Mantis x10 for recoil?
I have one but haven’t yet used it to measure recoil. It does work exceptionally well for trigger training.
Mantis X10