• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Weapon Light for Handgun

mdesign

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2004
Nebraska
I'm looking for simple but effective light for my XDm that has good ergonomics to be used in a CCW set-up.

I don't want a lot of bell and whistles just something that is bright and deploys well under stress.

I'm considering a SureFire X300 but wondered what some other options might be.

Re: Weapon Light for Handgun

I love my x300. Fits exactly the way i want it on my xdm
There are cheaper options but you get what you pay for.
iojqPS07CVQlE.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirectAssault</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love my x300. Fits exactly the way i want it on my xdm
iojqPS07CVQlE.jpg
</div></div>

Thanks for the pic...looks like my support thumb would be perfectly positioned to activate the light.

DA - I also am looking at the Raven holster. Do you wear IWB or OWB, does it conceal well and is it comfortable?

I like the Streamlight TLR3 (short model) on my Sig 220 Carry for CCW.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mdesign</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirectAssault</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love my x300. Fits exactly the way i want it on my xdm
</div></div>

Thanks for the pic...looks like my support thumb would be perfectly positioned to activate the light.

DA - I also am looking at the Raven holster. Do you wear IWB or OWB, does it conceal well and is it comfortable? </div></div>

I dont know about the raven. I have a safariland holster but dont carry it much. These xdms are big pistols! Im sure you could get it to be comfortable for you. I usually leave it in my truck and when i do carry its a thigh holster so i dont normally conceal. Hope i could help a bit

Definitely get the X300. Excellent light.

On my Glock 34
GlockX300.jpg

Some lowlight becoming not so lowlight
wink.gif

Glocklight.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Definitely get the X300. Excellent light. </div></div>

+1 on the x300 I'm waiting on them to drop a bit in price so i can get me another one. The ar is getting jealous of the glock......

Another vote for the X300. Works great on my Nighthawk GRP. Thanks for the tip about the PJ to reduce the carbon. That has really bugged me to the point I don't shoot with the light installed.

I just bought the TLR1-s and I really like it. It has an easy on easy off feature and cast a great light. For 100 bucks it cant be beat. There is a great review on both the TLR1 and the X300 on you tube comparing the two lights you should watch. I just couldnt justify the extra 100-150 bucks for the X300. I couldnt be happier with the TLR1 s.

If ya look in the handgun forum I have pictures of it mounted on my Springfield Armory TRP. The post topic is New Springfield Armory TRP Need suggestions.

Thanks for the responses - If I look at the specs for the X300 and the TLR-1, they look pretty similar. Brightness, size mounting and battery life are all pretty much the same.

Noticed the TLR has a strobe feature that the 300 does not have but not sure I would want to use that it a dark room as it would likely affect me as well as the intruder.

Found a shop close to me that has both styles in stock so I'm going to check out the ergo's and see if I prefer one over the other.

Streamlight products run a little less expensive but I think mounting and ergo's trump price if all other features are equal.

I dont know much about the 300, but the stream light tlr1s is what I run. I had to let one go to seal the deal on a gun sale, but I defiantly ordered a replacement as soon as I got home.

I have a X300 on my HD 870 and the Glock 19 I keep in my nightstand. I use a handheld Fenix PD20 for CCW or SF 6P LED.

I think I have the 200... Looks just like the 300 there. I think they have different beam patterns. Anyway, you can't really beat those things. They are solid aluminum and tough --the demo when they came out was hammering a nail into a 2x4 with one. Scratched it, but that was it.

The 400 has the laser if that is your thing, and you can get holsters for these too, one of the kydex makers near Puyallup WA. Even IWB, crazy.

I'm a big fan of the streamlights. I have a TLR-4 light/laser on mine. I really like the compact size.

X300 fan here. Use it every night multiple times at work and couldn't be happier.

I have the x300 and 3 TLR-1's. Both are great lights. The x300 stays on my m&p beside the bed. TLR-1's get clipped on and off various pistols and AR's. I will be getting another x300 soon for the truck gun.

I like the mount for the x300 better than the TRL series other than that they are pretty similar

I have an X200 that I make holsters from. Its ALMOST the same as a 300, the bezel is a little longer on the 200 which means that a 300 WILL fit in it. Also the 200 is an incandescent bulb where the 300 is an LED.

Have the X400 at the shop as well ... thats just a big assed light.

Got a TRL1 and pieces to turn it into a TRL2 I think it is with the laser on the bottom.

There are 2 models of X200 so they are not the same size as the 300.
The 300 has the longer bezel.....

I use a TLR-1 on my HD shotgun and a TLR-2 on my HD pistol. I've been running em' both for a long time and they are rock solid. Never saw the need for a strobe.

I have the X200 LED and the TLR-1s. The ergos of the x200 are much nicer. The TLR-1s is the brightest light I own with a very wide and consistent throw. I've heard the X300/X400 is brighter that the X200, however, what the TLR-1s puts out doesn't leave much to be desired.

If the X300/X400 is equivalent to the beam of the TLR-1s and the ergos of the X200, it's hard to beat that combo but you'll pay a big premium.