• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Weapon Mountable Camera

poison123

Gunny Sergeant
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Jul 17, 2009
    US
    Hey guys does anyone know of a good camera you could cross mount between your camera / helmet / or somewhere else on your person.

Debating on picking one up for when my partner and I shoot matches to record it to see areas where we can improve at.

Re: Weapon Mountable Camera

Ya I've seen those too. Just curious if anyone had a setup they were currently using......Imagine the moments we can capture of The Dave with this too
    smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Contour HD has a weapons mount, is HD and works great... </div></div>

Exactly what I was looking at. Thanks Frank, found the pictanny rail setup for it
    smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Imagine the moments we can capture of The Dave with this too
    smile.gif
    </div></div>

I am laughing at the possibilities right now.

I've got a Tachyon. It is waterproof enough that you can use it scuba diving, but it doesn't do so well with sound. Were I buying another camera, I'd give the Contour a try. They seem to get good reviews. Here's a quick video I shot with the Tachyon, if you have the volume turned up and listen really carefully you can sort of hear talking. Like I said, it does not work worth a crap with sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSAwnjpfUjA&context=C3d0c3bdADOEgsToPDskJqTB57g1upISii3s4VQ8v_

I've got a ContourHD. Here are a couple videos. It's on my BCM AR in these, but you get the idea.

Clearing from cover
    CQB Engagement Drill
    22 conv. kit

Click the little gear and set it to 1080p and full screen to see what they look like even after upload. First two are weapons mounted, forward, then rearward. Last video is using their surface mount on the side of my Sordins.

I've got the contour gps with a picatinny mount. Works very well. If you're doing anything fast moving (I had it mounted on my Ducati) the 720p @ 60fps is much better then the 1080p. Twice the fps really helps out with the "smoothness"

I use the GoPro HERO 2 with the Strikemark picatinny rail mount. I've tested the contour HD and a few others but I settled on the GoPro. I've used it on my helmet and rifle when I deploy, motorcycle when I ride and the video quality is amazing.

My friend and I are working with ReplayXD that may be exactly what you're looking for. We've mounted it on our picatinny rails and even have some LE interested in it for training (we're working on a wireless setup that can stream to a computer/IPAD- it's pretty promising). PM me if you're interested.

I have been using the Go Pro camera for quite some time and it works very well and they just released a newer version, which would we worth looking out. The Contour is similar but might be better form factor for you if you’re minting it on a rail.