• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Weapon Safes

if you put a flat bottomed safe on concrete, I would suggest putting a rubber stall pad under it and drill anchor holes through pad and into the concrete. if bottom of safe is scuffed, you can touch up scratches and rubber will help prevent rust.

For me, you either shell out for a serious safe, and spend several thousand dollars, or you get something that prevents ready access and get a good insurance policy.

Most people only need the latter. It's much cheaper and makes your life easier if you have to move.

If you have enough valuables where you might be a target for a pro thief, a high quality safe is warranted and you probably don't care about the cost.

The average person, is much better off getting something that you can bolt to the floor that will delay the average smash and grab thief long enough to dissuade them or until the cops show up. Paired with a decent insurance policy (not just your homeowners policy) that will cover you.

Some people will disagree with me.

Have been putting this off for some time due to funds, and I know that is a piss poor excuse.

Have been looking around and was curious as to what you guys would suggest for a weapons safe. I have some small ones around the house....the brief case type. But these don't help with the firearms. I know I am wanting more than the basic sheet metal lockers that wouldn't take much to get into. With my kids getting older and them having friends over I am more worried about one of the friends getting into my shop and getting in trouble. My kids both know not to screw with dads rifles and to leave them alone if they see them. As well as getting either myself or my wife if one of their friends is screwing around.

I know I will have to see what the flooring is in the area I am planning on setting up the safe. But that brings up another question as well. I would think that putting the safe on a concrete floor would be the best option. But I would like to have the safe else where on your standard house flooring.

Rather than talking with the sales techs and getting that run around, figured I would ask here and see what you guys had for opinions.
If I
Have been putting this off for some time due to funds, and I know that is a piss poor excuse.

Have been looking around and was curious as to what you guys would suggest for a weapons safe. I have some small ones around the house....the brief case type. But these don't help with the firearms. I know I am wanting more than the basic sheet metal lockers that wouldn't take much to get into. With my kids getting older and them having friends over I am more worried about one of the friends getting into my shop and getting in trouble. My kids both know not to screw with dads rifles and to leave them alone if they see them. As well as getting either myself or my wife if one of their friends is screwing around.

I know I will have to see what the flooring is in the area I am planning on setting up the safe. But that brings up another question as well. I would think that putting the safe on a concrete floor would be the best option. But I would like to have the safe else where on your standard house flooring.

Rather than talking with the sales techs and getting that run around, figured I would ask here and see what you guys had for opinions.
If I may suggest, shop the farm and fleet and tractor supply stores. I've found their prices on safes substantially less than sporting goods or dedicated firearm retailers. It may not be a brand name but from what I've seen the quality is very similar or even better and the price about half. Good luck!

Reactions: woogie_man

Have you looked into secureitgunstorage.com? Reasonably priced, lightweight. No fire protection though. I've been considering their Agile Ultralight line. It worth a look!

Have you looked into secureitgunstorage.com? Reasonably priced, lightweight. No fire protection though. I've been considering their Agile Ultralight line. It worth a look!

These are very interesting. A friend has one, and is about to order another. Loves them.

Follows my thinking....something reasonably priced, and more mobile to prevent ready access for replaceable items, and carry insurance.

For collectibles and very high value items, I'd be looking more for a real safe.

I love the Secureit cradle grid system.
I put it in my current safe. The panels are not totally secured to the carpet but that is because the interior board of my safe is to thin for a screw to get a hold of.
They would be on my list to buy if they had an actual safe in 72" tall and not just a gun locker as I have a Ferret50 that will not fit in any of their safes.
The safe that I will probably end up getting when I have the money is the Sports Afield SA7240P.
Being in a mobile home means that I need a safe that is shallow enough to fit through the bedroom doors.

For me, you either shell out for a serious safe, and spend several thousand dollars, or you get something that prevents ready access and get a good insurance policy.

Most people only need the latter. It's much cheaper and makes your life easier if you have to move.

If you have enough valuables where you might be a target for a pro thief, a high quality safe is warranted and you probably don't care about the cost.

The average person, is much better off getting something that you can bolt to the floor that will delay the average smash and grab thief long enough to dissuade them or until the cops show up. Paired with a decent insurance policy (not just your homeowners policy) that will cover you.

Some people will disagree with me.
One caveat here. Ensuring firearms is extremely expensive.

Try Eastern Firearm Insurance. Good coverage, no list, replacement value, reasonable cost. Like $50k coverage for ~$175/yr. Their site indicates ‘historic’ but they insure non-historic firearms too. Riders for ammo and reloading equip are available.
Eastern

Last edited:
I put my safe in my shop right by my office. Where everybody can see it. Its full of concrete blocks. I then went to the back of shop and built a hidden room behind the bathroom. 5'X6' with concrete board like you put in showers. Filled it full of guns No Worries

I just got the largest Agile model last week. Went for the full bundle as it seemed cheaper than getting individual extras for door hanger, shelves etc. The door arrived with minor damage so I had to spend 15 minutes reshaping the corners with clamps and bar stock. It's all hidden damage, gets covered by the side panels. They gave me a $75 rebate for the trouble. I expect you will have the same issues based on how the packaging was setup, so don't be surprised.

1611276352228.png

Has to be bolted down to the floor because it's so easy to move. I recommend getting a little rechargeable magnet light as the interior is painted black, so no ambient light bounces in there. I got this little motion sensor light and it works fine. Four hours of run time per charge. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WSY77LV/

The Agile feels overpriced, but I couldn't find anything else similar on the market. Taking that into account, I'd rather have the agile over a 300lb+ safe of the same cost & gauge sheet metal only to be filled with useless weight. I put a few felt pads on the bottom then scooted it on my wood floor into a narrow closet, bolted it down with lag screws into subfloor. No way I could scoot around a weighty safe into a narrow space.

I don't regret purchasing, but do wish it was a bit cheaper. Then I could have gotten two and stacked them.

I put my safe in my shop right by my office. Where everybody can see it. Its full of concrete blocks. I then went to the back of shop and built a hidden room behind the bathroom. 5'X6' with concrete board like you put in showers. Filled it full of guns No Worries
This is along the line of what i am thinking, buy a cheap safe locally put a few cheap guns in it and build up a small room or closet to keep smash and grab type things out, also while insuring firearms through homeowners.

why not a safe style door on the entrance to your home fill in the windows now your house is a gun safe not to mention much safer for you unless they are planning on cutting the walls out or they can magically trans port themselves inside if you need sunlight go out side you only have it installed once . if that don't make the person thinking about robbing you think twice nothing will .

Attachments

• 1611337935145.png
    1611337935145.png
    240.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Haha
Reactions: woogie_man