• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

weatherby ammo

jlaz90

Private
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2013
ok this might be a weird question but maybe someone can answer me, I work in a cerakote shop in NJ and someone here has a box of weatherby .300 magnum ammo from the 70's and our gunsmith thinks this box of ammo is worth $150??? this is what the box looks like, they are 150gr bullets

Attachments

• weatherby.jpg
    weatherby.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
I have a room full of that stuff and the much older Bear boxes. Some are unique for various reasons. Like 7MM loaded in .270 marked cases. With a sticker on the box explaining it. Doubt it will bring anything at all over standard price of ammo. Weatherby collectors are notably cheap. I actually had one drive from another state and spend about 45 min trying to buy stuff for nothing. I finally told him to leave, I did not have all day to look at stupid low offers. Shoot it and enjoy it.

I also shoot .257, .270. 7mm, .300, and .30-378 Weatherby. I know alot of people put a high value on the old "Tiger" boxes, I'm not one.....I've thrown a bunch of them away if there aren't any Factory loads in it. About as high as I will go on Weatherby ammo (I don't buy "store bought", just off of Forums) is $25.00 a box or I will trade for it. Before you start thinking I can't have very much at $25.00 a box, I've got over 700 rounds of 7mm Weatherby mag at that price and just bought 29 rounds of Norma factory loads in .30-378 Weatherby for $40.00 + $20.00 shipping. The Member had originally told me $7.00 shipping but it ended up being more....and although he didn't ask me to pay the difference, I had no problem covering the other. On top of that, he threw in 8 rounds of 7mm Rem Mag (not Weatherby) and 9 rounds of .300 Weatherby Mag (Weatherby) for free.