• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Weatherby Cartridges

lightning

Private
Minuteman
May 8, 2011
I was just wondering how come Weatherby cartridges are not talked about or used for long range shooting(sniping),especially the 270,300 and the 340 weatherby.Great long range cartridges.

Re: Weatherby Cartridges

I would have to say the cost of brass and loaded ammo is a big thing, plus the odd radius on the neck makes people shy. The only one that even interests me is the 257, but even that isnt enough to make me buy one.

If you reload the Weatherby cartridge then I dont think its a issue moneywise.

The 7mmX300 Weatherby is one of the grand daddies of 1000yd shooting. The Weatherby brass is Norma. As stated above, if you're loading for yourself, it's not any more expensive than another caliber assuming your using Lapua or Norma brass.

I would strongly consider such a cartridge as standard magazine capacity is better than some of the 404 based/Ultramag cartridges and a plus of the radius shoulder is that they feed like butter....

Because even though they're awesome they have that big scary belt.

I love em'

I reload all my Weatherby cartridges.