• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms Weatherby Vanguard .223 in Manners T2 Stock, #3 Heavy Contour barrel with Target Crown, Adj. 2-stage Trigger - Barely Used $900 ($1400 setup)

ColdBlood

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Weatherby Vanguard .223 Trainer/Varmint Rifle - 22" target crowned heavy (#3) contour barrel in .223 Rem (1/9) - $900 Shipped

I put this one together for use as a varmint/training bolt gun, but I prefer to shoot suppressed with neighbors so close. Shoots great, love the adjustable 2-stage trigger, etc. Just find myself using something threaded/suppressed more often than not...and I have a couple dozen rifles, so it's hard to get around to shooting them all anyway.

I've only been running factory loads through it, since it's just a trainer and squirrel gun, but it does really well with Black Hills stuff. It's well under MOA, and I'd be surprised if a good shooter couldn't wring 5/8”-3/4" at 100 yards out of it. I was getting one-ragged-hole groups at 50 yards with boring regularity when I was shooting it from the porch on my rimfire range...granted it wasn't cheap ammo (Black Hills 60 gr V-Max). Did really well with 69 grain black hills too, which I wasn't particularly sure of.

Unused factory Kryptek Highlander dipped stock is included in the box...good if you wanted to temporarily set it up as a deer/predator hunting rifle for a friend/child/spouse to use.

• Weatherby 2-stage Adjustable Trigger
    If I recall, I have it set at about 2.5 lbs right now, but it'll go lower. This trigger and the target crown of the barrel is why I chose the Vanguard over something cheaper like a Ruger American, etc.

• 22" #3 (Heavy) Contour Barrel in .223 Remington, 1/9 twist, target crowned. This one shoots, seriously.

• Manners T2 Fiberglass Stock - Custom Bedded
    It shot surprisingly well without even bedding the stock (still slightly sub-MOA), but I had it bedded by a friend who was working for GA Precision before opening his own gunsmithing & custom shop...the guy does great work and the rifle's performance shows it.

• Picatinny Scope Base
    I believe this is a Weatherby add-on part, but can't remember.

• Weatherby Aftermarket DBM with 10rd Magazines

• Trijicon Accupoint 5-20x50 SCOPE IS NOT INCLUDED (SOLD)

• Harris Bipod IS Included...it's older, non-swivel model and I don't need it.
Condition:
This rifle, aside from the bipod, could easily pass for a demo...might have 150 rounds through it at most. Like I said above, I have to shoot suppressed where I live (it's legal to shoot, but neighbors are close), so it's just been collecting dust ever since I moved here.

Price: $900 obo
I have about $1400 in the gun with the stock and accessories (scope not included). Need it gone!

Attachments

• IMG_2657 2.jpg
    IMG_2657 2.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 862
Last edited:
To the top. Make me an offer!

This is a great trainer, guys...accurate with a lot of ammo, cheap to shoot, nice trigger, top tier stock/bedding...will beat the pants off the Bell & Carlson stock on the Weatherby “range certified” version.