• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Weaver 3-15x50 Tactical 30mm Rifle Scope

hilbillee

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2008
Franklin, NC
Does anyone here have any hands on experience with this Weaver scope? From what I have been reading about them on SWFA's website they seem pretty good, especially being FFP. I would like to hear any relevant thoughts on them. They fit my current budget and needs for a 223/5.56. And I also tried a search on here but didn't come up with anything.

Re: Weaver 3-15x50 Tactical 30mm Rifle Scope

Unless something has changed recently they have MOA knobs and a Mil reticle.Either Mil/Mil or MOA/MOA is preferable

I have the 4-20X50 model. I cant find anything bad to say about the scope. Yes, I would prefer mil/mil but it doesn't really make that much difference to me. The glass is very very good and it tracks dead on. The reticle is nice and thin so at 20X its not too thick like many others. It will also survive a beating, my rifle has landed on it several times. This is a great choice for a scope under $1000.

I'm also looking at getting one of these for my M1A build. I've never heard a bad thing said about these scopes. The only negative I would have is the moa/mil configuration, but people have been shooting moa/mil for decades without a problem. The glass is supposed to be on par with the Mark4, from what I've heard. Considering that the 3-15x is $625 at SWFA, and the Leupold Mark4 4.5-14x50 M1 FFP is $1599, it's definitely a great option to look into. I wish it had more adjustment, but 65MOA is still enough to get you to 1000yds.