• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Weaver 34mm 6-30x56 Tactical Scope

Natchezss is doing a 10% off promo right now. The 6-30x56 weaver tactical is hard to beat at $750, but with an extra $75 off its a steal.

One of my wholesale distributors is advertising these scopes at $635 - I've had a couple of them bought from Midway several years ago while they were running a clearance sale on them. No question it's a good, solid scope, with decent glass, good illumination, good turrets, and zero stop. I've resisted buying another one of these scopes, mostly because my other 34mm scopes all have more usable & desirable reticles (and because I'm an Athlon dealer, and have four Cronus 4.5-29x56 scopes with an excellent reticle). While the Cronus deals with CA better than the Weaver, there's no getting around the fact that the Weaver is a pretty darned good scope, especially at these prices. Too bad they've never put the time, effort, & $$ into designing a better reticle for them....could it be that the corporate bosses don't want Weaver competing with Bushnell's top-of-the-line scopes - since both are owned by the same conglomerate?

I'm glad to see this thread. I was thinking I was the only one who bought this scope. I purchased the Weaver 6-30x56 for 750. Natchez was offering a 10% off and weaver had a $30 Mir. So I'm into this japanese glass for $645. What a bargain! I cleaned the grease from the turret o-rings and replaced with Parker o-ring lube (learned this trick from my 2 Athlon cronus).
. The turrets are steller. I will agree the reticle isn't as "high speed" as the christmas tree style, but I do feel it will be usable. I like the open center in the reticle. The scope also came with a sunshade (fits the cronus as well) and a book explaining how to set the zerostop, an 8.5x11 page explaining the reticle (i thought this was a nice touch).

what is the 10% code? I only saw 20 off 150.

The 10% off ended a few days back. It was something like turkey17 or something. If you check their webpage every so often they post them there or sign up for alerts they send them directly to your email.

Dang, if someone can get me a Weaver below Natchez's price I would be all over that. Even at Natchez's price of $750, that is a steal for what you are getting. I have one of these on my 6.5-284 right now and it is phenomenal. Just wish they had better reticle options.

Just wish they had better reticle options.

Weaver has a suggestion section of their website. I made sure to go on there to suggest better reticle options. I'm assuming.weaver will be showing off some new stuff during shot show.

For some reason I was under the impression that Weaver was going to discontinue the Tactical line. Hope not. I've had good luck with the 20x.

For some reason I was under the impression that Weaver was going to discontinue the Tactical line. Hope not. I've had good luck with the 20x.

Looks are they doing it at least for some models. If you check out this model on optics planet, it says discontinued by manufacturer.

If that is the case, it's terrible news. The weaver tactical line has now made its way in my safe on 3 different rifles. And none disappoint. I would like to eventually add the 3-15 and 4-20 to my collection as well.

You can get this from Primary Arms for the $1500 price and a reticle you wanted. Actually two. The Deka and their ACSS HUD. Both are excellent. 1/10 of a mil on the Deka. I bought the Deka version for my Tikka coming at the end of the week. Unfortunately I was at lunch with the wife when the scope arrived and it required a signature.

http://www.primaryarms.com/new-prim...0x56-ffp-scope-with-acss-hud-dmr-reticle-null

http://www.primaryarms.com/new-prim...0x56-ffp-scope-with-acss-hud-dmr-reticle-null

I bought mine through opticsplanet and received a $150 gift card and free shipping.

Attachments

• photo85159.jpg
    photo85159.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 50
  • photo85504.jpg
    photo85504.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 53