• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Weaver 3x15x50mm FFP

Iron Worker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2005
Nevada
Haven't read any comments about this scope in a while. I have one mounted on my RRA Coyote and 5 coyotes say thumbs down . But seriously I haven't had any problems , I think the glass is 1 step above the Sightron S3 . It tracks well,adjustment clicks are rock solid . In the springtime my gun club with begin matches and I'll be mounting this on my precision tactical rifle. Can't afford 2k + on glass. Next scope will be a SS 5x20x50mm FFP .Has any one had any problems with theirs ?

Have had same in EMDR/Mil version on 308 AR10 and now on 6.5 Creedmoor AR10, without issue. Would like to see a smaller center dot or hash for more precise aiming point, but that's only real issue, and it's design, not service related. Good buy, and have Vortex, SWFA, IOR, Leupold for somewhat relative comparison. Good choice, in my experience, in mid price glass.

I went to a long range shooting school with mine (EMDR mil/mil) on a stock Remington 5R. Worked perfectly from 100 yards to 1000 yards in 100 yard increments. Dialed in what the ballistics program calculated, and got consistent hits even at the range that had steel plates at odd distances. Not as sexy as some of the glass around here, but it definitely does the job.

I more recently picked one up (EDMR illum.) and am very much enjoying it. I love the design, especially zeroing the turret caps without tools. Once by mistake I had my elevation dialed for 300 yrds, but shot rounds at 100. I realized my mistake and noticed that it track spot on to where it should be. The only thing that bothered me was how weaver discontinued their 50mm sunshade, but luckly I was able to acquire several surplus from a random online vendor. Other than that, I feel that its a highly underrated option.

I've got one on my J-D Machine AR10 with Snipers Hide logo engraving. No question about durability, optical quality, or tracking, but I sure wish I'd have done more research on Weaver's website before buying this one - it's got the FFP mil dot reticle, but MOA knobs. JSC catalog didn't state that information, and I was jazzed over the dealer pricing, so went for it. Still a fine scope, just don't understand why Weaver would make this sort of mis-match with a FFP scope.

I've had the 3-15x50 EMDR (mil/mil ffp) on my Remington 700 for 2 years now and love it.

It was a bit of a compromise for my rifle, wanted the mil/mil and ffp and eventually hope to shoot to 1000 yards but the primary use will be local target shooting and hunting where distance is quite limited. So far I've been very please with the scope. The tracking has held true so far, holds a zero very well and optically is quite clear. I've taken deer both just before sunrise and just after sunset so the lowlight capability is plenty for me.

The only issue I've had was a loose screw in the top turret that caused the knob to come up too much. Tightened it right down and no further problems.

Got mine mounted on a .308 CMMG 18 inch wasp ,it has been great no issues what so ever.

My 3-15 EMDR has been on my bolt and is now on my gas gun. It has performed very well on both, no complaints. I really like it.

Do you all agree with my assessment in that the optics are 1 step above a Sightron S-3 ? I guess that's a subjective thing. But how does the Optics in this Weaver compare to a NSX ? Mine is on my gas gun but soon it will be on my tactical bolt gun to be used in local gun clubs tactical steel matches .

Do you all agree with my assessment in that the optics are 1 step above a Sightron S-3 ?

In my case no - but I think there's some variation in each line. From what I've read the current crop (since early 2013 or so) of Sightron SIII's has had somewhat better glass than the SIII series from several years earlier. I don't know when it changed. Similarly, I've read some reviews that the EMDR version of the Weaver may have better glass than the non-illuminated model, despite having the same specs. In my case I own a 2013 SIII 6-24x50 and a 2012 Weaver 3-15x50 (non-EMDR) and between those two the SIII has quite noticeably better glass - some of the best glass I own (not as good as the SS 5-20x50 HD or the Steiner Military), while my Weaver I would rate as significantly better than a Viper PST 4-16x50, but behind a Bushnell Elite 3-12x44.

I'm not sure how much of this is purely subjective, how much may be scope to scope variation, and how much might be running changes in the SIII line or EMDR vs. non-EMDR differences in the Weaver.

I had a Sightron S3 8x32x56mm I bought in 2011 and my Weaver I bought in 2012 its the illuminated version . So maybe Sightron has improved its glass ? Oh I plan on buying a SS 5x20x50 HD soon. Which is better the Steiner military or the SS 5x20x50 HD ?

I had a Sightron S3 8x32x56mm I bought in 2011 and my Weaver I bought in 2012 its the illuminated version . So maybe Sightron has improved its glass ? Oh I plan on buying a SS 5x20x50 HD soon. Which is better the Steiner military or the SS 5x20x50 HD ?

I've read that the illuminated (EMDR) Weaver has great glass, and I only own the non-illuminated, which has very good glass but definitely not world class. The EMDR also has more elevation travel so I could believe they would have some difference in the glass - or not, seems like it would be a lot of trouble for otherwise nearly identical scopes.

I think Sightron improved their coatings sometime in the last few years. Again, not sure.

The SS-HD and Steiner Military both have really terrific glass. I have not tried to do a methodical resolution test, but I have looked at the same targets side by side with them at the same time. I think the SS-HD, or at least my example, may have slightly better resolution than my Steiner. You will not be disappointed with either one.

Had the emdr version for over a year....its not perfect....buts it has to be in the top for bang for the buck.
Its been flawless so far.

Another happy 3-15 EMDR owner here.

I have my weaver mounted on top of my fn A1a and it functions just fine for my intended uses. The glass is superbly clear and the tracking has been spot on and repeatable since day one. This scope does lack a few features such as a zero stop and a sunshade but i feel it is a good quality lower budget FFP scope. It's not a boutique scope by any means and its not nearly as sexy as a USO but it does offer a huge value at an affordable price point.