• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Weaver Grand Slam 3-10X Tactical Video

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    <span style="font-weight: bold">Weaver Grand Slam Tactical 3-10X Midway USA</span>

The Weaver Tactical Grand Slam Rifle Scope offers fully multi-coated Japanese lenses that reduce glare and give you edge to edge clarity and exceptional low light performance with 94% light transmission. All Grand Slams feature a fast focus eyepiece adjustment ring, and sure-grip power ring that helps you adjust the variable power scopes even with heavy gloves on. Finally, the Grand Slam's solid, 1-piece tube construction makes them waterproof, fogproof and shockproof. This scope features resettable 1/10 milliradian (MIL) windage and elevation turrets and a Mil-dot reticle, this is also known as MIL/MIL. The combination of these two features enables the shooter to make quick and precise corrections. By using the Mil-dot reticle to measure how far off the shot is in MILs, each dot is 1 MIL apart, the shooter does not need to convert milliradians to minutes of angle in order to correct the point of aim. With traditional 1/4 MOA turrets, if the point of impact is measured to be 1.5 mils low the shooter needs to convert the Mils to MOA and then adjust the turrets which can be confusing. With a Mil/Mil rifle scope if the shot is 1.5 mils low then the shooter simply turns the turret 1.5 mils or 15 clicks. The mil-dot reticle can also be used to determine how far away an object of known size is. These features are usually only found in very expensive scopes, but MidwayUSA has worked with Weaver to bring you this exclusive high quality scope at a very reasonable price. Covered by Weaver's Limited Lifetime Warranty.

<object id="objVeeplePlayer" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0" width="640" height="396" align="middle"><param name="width" value="640"/><param name="height" value="396"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="movie" value="http://www.veeple.com/swf/VeeplePlayer.swf?siteId=5GLGxNj8HEg%253D&videoId=cc69f0b9-7635-4d43-854f-fd27b4f5aca4&userId=&baseUrl=http://www.veeple.com/&showSpots=1&showViewBar=1&showTabBar=1&mute=0&spotScaleMode=maintainAspectRatio&autoPlay=0&allowAddComments=1&allowShare=1&allowEmbedding=1&allowFullscreen=1&allowRating=1&stopPlayingOnInteractiveClick=1&displayRelatedVideos=0&showWorm=0&showLogo=0&logoIcon=1&whiteLabel=1&showTabClickableObjects=1&showTabDetails=1&showTabComments=1&playerMode=player&playerWidth=640&playerHeight=396&isFlex=0&recordEvents=1&deploymentUrl=http://www.snipershide.com"/><param name="quality" value="high"/><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff"/><param name="menu" value="false"/><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><embed id="embVeeplePlayer" src="http://www.veeple.com/swf/VeeplePlayer.swf?siteId=5GLGxNj8HEg%253D&videoId=cc69f0b9-7635-4d43-854f-fd27b4f5aca4&userId=&baseUrl=http://www.veeple.com/&showSpots=1&showViewBar=1&showTabBar=1&mute=0&spotScaleMode=maintainAspectRatio&autoPlay=0&allowAddComments=1&allowShare=1&allowEmbedding=1&allowFullscreen=1&allowRating=1&stopPlayingOnInteractiveClick=1&displayRelatedVideos=0&showWorm=0&showLogo=0&logoIcon=1&whiteLabel=1&showTabClickableObjects=1&showTabDetails=1&showTabComments=1&playerMode=player&playerWidth=640&playerHeight=396&isFlex=0&recordEvents=1&deploymentUrl=http://www.snipershide.com" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="640" height="396" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" menu="false" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"><noembed><h1>Weaver Glam Slam 3-10X Tactical </h1>

Weaver, Midway, Tactical, Scope, Sniper, GAP, Lowlight </p>Veeple Interactive Video</noembed></embed></object>

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Technical Information</span>

Tube Diameter: 1"
    Adjustment Click Value: 1/10 MIL
    Adjustment Type: Click
    Exposed Turrets: Yes
    Finger Adjustable Turrets: Yes
    Turrets Resettable to Zero: Yes
    Zero Stop: No
    Turret Height: High
    Fast Focus Eyepiece: Yes
    Lens Coating: Fully multi-coated
    Warranty: Limited lifetime factory warranty
    Rings Included: No
    Sunshade Included: No
    Sunshade Length: N/A
    Lens Covers Included: No
    Power Variability: Variable
    Min power: 3x
    Max power: 10x
    Reticle Construction: Wire
    Reticle: Mil-dot
    Illuminated Reticle: No
    Holdover reticle: No
    Reticle Focal Plane Location: 2nd
    Parallax Adjustment: No
    Finish: Matte
    Water/Fogproof: Yes
    Shockproof: Yes
    Airgun Rated: No
    Objective Bell Diameter: 46.5mm
    Ocular Bell Diameter: 39mm
    Eye Relief: 3.5"
    Max Internal Adjustment:
    Windage: 56 MOA (16.5 MIL)
    Elevation: 56 MOA (16.5 MIL)

Exit Pupil Diameter: 13.3mm-4mm
    Weight: 13 oz

Field of View at 100 Yards:
    35' @ 3x
    11.3' @ 10x

MidwayUSA Link

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Conclusion</span>

I have had this scope for several weeks now, since I announced them sent me to one to try and I have made a point to shoot it as much as possible. I started off with the scope mounted on the Flectarn camouflaged rifle and used it during the Borka Tool Video, plus, I have shot it each week since the beginning testing it repeatability. Each time the adjustments have been accurate, matching the reticle.

Then 2 weeks ago, I moved to the Headhunter, the original SHR and shot this video. Again, it proved to an accurate scope well worth the $300 price tag.

So, if you are looking to explore a Mil / Mil scope, or you want something in Mil for a .22 trainer I think this scope will serve you well.

<span style="font-style: italic">Sorry for the delay, but I had vacation and training so this has been done for about 2 weeks</span>.

Re: Weaver Glam Slam 3-10X Tactical Video

nice review low light I have been very happy with mine . I have moved it off my lar-8 and put it on my 458 458 socom to test some new loads .

How thick is the reticle? Are they as thick as the super sniper line of scopes? Seems like a good price

Reticle is pretty standard size, it is as thick as the SS...

The only scope of this class I have noticed with a bit thinner reticle is the bushnell.

I really enjoy mine and glad I got it back when it is 300. Still worth the price at 400 though being a variable mil/mil with solid glass.

Excellent review....as always! Thanks for doing this!

Thanks for the review. I was going to get a 2.5-10 Vortex Viper PST for my SPR, but I'm thinking about getting one of these instead because it would fit my budget better (plus, who knows how long it will be until PST's are widely available).

Thanks LL Can you answer a ? @ what power is the reticle calibrated for?

Re: Weaver Grand Slam 3-10X Tactical Video

Hey Guys,

I just got word from Midway USA that this scope is going back on Sale on August 25th, so if you want to take advantage of this, definitely recommend giving it a few days and buying it on sale.

As I stated, for those interested in testing the Mil / Mil waters, or for those building a .22 trainer, have a lightweight hunting rifle, this scope will certainly fit the bill at an incredibly low price.

I've got a friend up here that just put one of these on a .308 and he loves it!! How can you beat the price?

Lowlight,
    Have you tested any of the other Weaver Tactical scopes like the3-15 or 5-20 FFP scopes?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Guys,

I just got word from Midway USA that this scope is going back on Sale on August 25th, so if you want to take advantage of this, definitely recommend giving it a few days and buying it on sale.
    </div></div>

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. Late August/early September is when I planned on buying a scope so it sounds like this will work out perfectly for me.

Thanks Lowlight for the heads up, I will be getting one of these while I wait for my PST. Need it for an AR later anyway! Great review, really appreciated the close-up super clear pics.

Any way you guys have invented "zero stops" on scopes that dont come with them from the factory??

Thanks for the heads up. I've been hemming and hawing over scopes for a .22 trainer and hearing they were going on sale just made up my mind!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TrapperSGD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many rounds did you go through testing the scope?</div></div>

Just shy of 700 across two different rifles...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Guys,

As I stated, for those interested in testing the Mil / Mil waters, or for those building a .22 trainer, have a lightweight hunting rifle, this scope will certainly fit the bill at an incredibly low price.

</div></div>

The currrent Midway code (good til 8/22) gets you $60 off a $400 purchase (on non-sale items).... will the sale be better than that, do you think? Buy now or wait?

Great review! This looks like a deal that may be too hard to pass up!

I have a 1-4 PST on order and with the delivery pushed out and my own trepidation with a low power scope, I am seriously looking at this scope. I am new to the tactical scope scene and this would be my first entry into this market and from what I have seen and heard this would make a good “trainer” for me. The only issue I see is that the tube is 1” instead of 30 mm. I have a Bobro extended mount on order for my AR and really do not want to downsize the mount just to accommodate this scope. My thoughts were to transfer this scope onto an older Remington 600 Mohawk (.308) I have when I upgrade my AR scope (whether it is the 1-4 PST or not). I also have a 10/22 that I have been serenading lately and that would be a lot of fun too. I’ve seen 30mm – 1” ring adapters but imagine there are some issues with their use, but would love to hear some opinions in that regard. Another option would be a SS 3-9, but even from the sample list these would typically run $200 more than the sale price at Midway (provided they mark them down to $300). I could always get the Burris PEPR in 1” and sell it once I get the scope for the AR…

Decisions, decisions!

Any and all comments/advice is appreciated…

Again great review, thanks Lowlight!!!

- Mike

Thanks for the suggestion Mike. I will look at those rings. If the scope sells at $300 there will likely be more questions like mine... LOL

- Mike

Great review, been looking for one for my son.
    Cool, I just called and ordered one for my boys rifle.
    NoHair

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoHair</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great review, been looking for one for my son.
    Cool, I just called and ordered one for my boys rifle.
    NoHair </div></div>

Did you get the sale price?

- Mike

Yes, I had asked if they will honor a sales price if it goes on sale in the next month, their policy is 5 days, she looked it up on the flyer and honored it for me, of course then I 2nd day it so I could have it by the weekend.
    smile.gif

NoHair

Thanks NoHair! Now I just have to either pick a base or find some good ring reducers...

- Mike

I just order the scope and it is indeed $299 ($100 off). I also ordered a Burris P.E.P.R 1" mount for my AR and will look into a picatinny scope mount for my 10/22 for when (if) I transfer it there. I also purchased the Mildot Master calculator and hope it is worth the extra $35 (any opinions?).

Anyway thanks Lowlight for posting the review and thanks to all those who commented and gave advice (Greywolf/Nohair) for a newbie getting into precision shooting.

- Mike

Bought one also! Subbing in until the PST arrives, then to the AR

Does anyone know what size Butler Creek caps this uses?

#26 for the front, and #11(39.4) or #10(38.5)
    The ocular measurement is 39mm, I went with the #11 we'll see how it goes.

What sunshade will screw into this scope? Links?

Ordered one of these today for the rifle I'm putting together for my son.

Regarding sunshades, heard that older Weaver 40mm sunshades might fit (if they're from the 3x9 Tactical series)... or that a 40mm Simmons sunshade will work. I've got an old IOR 40mm one that I will try on the scope's arrival.

I tried the #11 and #13. I could get the 11 on but it was not easy. The #13 went on fine and seemed to be the best fit.

Thanks for the information. Mine is supposed to be delivered on Monday and I should be able to run to Gander mountain (in Huntsville) on Tuesday to perform a fit check to validate the covers fit. I will post pictures if anyone would like.

- Mike

Got the scope last night and brought it today to Gander Mountain to fit the covers. The best fit for mine was the #13 EYE (1.570"(39.9 mm)) Butler Creek Item #20130 and the #28 OBJ (1.890"(48.0 mm)) Butler Creek Item #30280. Hope this helps...

Have not had a chance to shoot or sight it in but the glass is real clear and bright.

- Mike

Well, I went with the scope caps they suggested. If they don't fit, hopefully they'll make it right.

Just got my confirmation email from Midway. Mine's on the way. I don't even have a gun to put this on yet but the deal seemed too good to pass up.

I do not have a great deal of experience with this scope but I did compare the glass with many others when I was at Gander Mountain and can honestly say that the scope holds up next to the competition. Now these scopes were all of the hunting variety and not the typical comparisons that you would see here but I was pleased about the purchase and would buy another if funds were not so tight. The reticle is also sharp as a tack, really liking this scope! If the weather holds today and I can get the time, I will try to take some pix at the range when I am sighting in my AR.

- Mike

My 8yr old son shot his this weekend and liked it.
    He was shooting out to 500 on steel.
    IMG_5884.JPG

NoHair

in regards to covers, midway links to a #10 butler. way to small. i have a #11 on mine and it is rather tight.

That sucks that midway links to the wrong size, they obviously didn't go to the trouble of physically checking which covers will fit it properly.

I bought the #26 and #11 based on their recommendations. Looks like I will at least have to change out the front for a #28, and see if I can make the #11 work without popping open all the time.

That's bad news, I got the #26 and #13. Looks like the #26 will need to go back.

I just talked to them. They want me to try the #26 and suggested the #27 since they felt the #28 was too large for a tight fit.

No offense to Midway, but #28 is a very snug fit. If they had a 28.5 I would have probably gone with that. At any rate, my 28 is not at all loose. For what it's worth...

- Mike

Well I picked up a 40mm Nikon Buckmaster sun shade(#8053) and it fits perfectly. It has a smaller diameter, so the #26 actually fits very well. I also didn't have much trouble getting the #11 to fit, it slid right on and is snug. No problem with popping open either.

I'm very happy with the scope, it is like everyone said, good looking glass for a great price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BamaMike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No offense to Midway, but #28 is a very snug fit. If they had a 28.5 I would have probably gone with that. At any rate, my 28 is not at all loose. For what it's worth...

- Mike </div></div>Thanks for the info. I figure it's their money we'll be spending to replace the caps so I'll go along with whatever they want so long as they pick up the tab in the end. Otherwise, I'll kick them off my list of vendors.

It got in tonight. The #26 and the #13 seem to fit pretty well. Both are snug, hard to remove but not popping open. Glas looks good though I haven't mounted and tested it so far. So far, so good!

Just got back from the range after getting it sighted in. It's on a .22LR AR-15 upper. Very nice glass, targets at 50 yards were nice and crisp even with my lousy eyes. The range I went to is dim but it was no problem, the light transmission was excellent. I just had time to get it sighted in so I haven't messed with the adjustments or run a box test on it so far but so far, it's looking great!